***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

13 minutes ago, MarvinAndrews said:

Everyone who’s complaining about the lack of subs: what changes did you want made? Thought the bench was pretty poor today. Not really very many options, we’re really missing wide options with Murphy and Grezda injured. You could argue Defoe or Lafferty could come on but who comes off? Morelos? And if not, who? And what formation do we play then? 

Defoe for morelos and mccrorie for Jack. 

Morelos early yellow means he's walking a tight rope and can't play his normal game. He was struggling and Defoe has made impact from the bench before. 

Jack was terrible today, giving the ball away and being out muscled. Mccrorie has the fresh legs and energy to win us the ball more. 

There is no excuse for the manager not to be looking to make some changes. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Morelos early yellow means he's walking a tight rope and can't play his normal game. He was struggling and Defoe has made impact from the bench before. 

Jack was terrible today, giving the ball away and being out muscled. Mccrorie has the fresh legs and energy to win us the ball more. 

Don't be daft mate. The way that boy plays is vital to us 

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The Ryan Jack haters will be out in full force soon since it wasn't one of his better games.

It's all part of the makeup of the football supporter.

Play well and you're lauded with praise.

Have a poor game and you're dug shite.

With the bouquets come the brickbats.

15 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm still not convinced by Barisic particularly in these type of games. Thought he was pish again today. As were most of the team. It will be another tough battle at Ibrox and we really need to be fuckin up for it this time

You are being generous. They targeted Barisic, and exposed him. We were very fortunate he didn't cost a goal. 

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It will be a miracle of all miracles if we were allowed to win anything in the way of trophies this season .

I personally think after today . There is zero chance of us winning a cup

If there is even the slightest chance of that happening the 'Paranoid Protestant' in me thinks they will pull out all the stops to prevent it

4 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Is this replay definitely Tuesday 12th? I’ve been told it’s being reported as Wednesday 13th as well

Definitely the 12th, was decided before this even kicked off! Was details for replays, postponement etc.

37 minutes ago, MarvinAndrews said:

Everyone who’s complaining about the lack of subs: what changes did you want made? Thought the bench was pretty poor today. Not really very many options, we’re really missing wide options with Murphy and Grezda injured. You could argue Defoe or Lafferty could come on but who comes off? Morelos? And if not, who? And what formation do we play then? 

McCrorie for Jack .

I'm just home, I didn't see the game.

Were we fortunate to get a replay? Or is the tail media bumming up Aberdeen?

Was it a clear penalty for them?

Did they not claim for another one later in the game?

Did Morelos miss a sitter late on? Should he have scored?

Soz about all the questions.

Would rather here the facts from bears than the corrupt media.

6 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Were we fortunate to get a replay? Or is the tail media bumming up Aberdeen? Draw was probably the fair result.

Was it a clear penalty for them? Aye

Did they not claim for another one later in the game? Aye 

Did Morelos miss a sitter late on? Should he have scored? Hardly a sitter

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Yes

Yes

No

No

33 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Maybe Defoe for Morelos but personally I wouldn’t ever take him off, he’s our best player. Again maybe you could’ve taken Jack off for McCrorie but Jacks’s been a goal threat recently and It’s not like McCrorie would’ve offered anything creatively. To me that’s a sub if we’re looking to hold on to something, not go and win it. Not enough attacking options for us IMO. Not a deep enough squad yet.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Shinnie is starting to grow on me. Wonder what it would take to pry him? 

He's out of contract in summer. I heard in Jan we had him on a pre contract. Gerrard last game shaking hands with players but gave him a hug. 

I mean, that's clearly as good as seeing his signature on the contract is it not..

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's out of contract in summer. I heard in Jan we had him on a pre contract. Gerrard last game shaking hands with players but gave him a hug. 

I mean, that's clearly as good as seeing his signature on the contract is it not..

Really? That's good to hear.

12 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Not fortunate but we weren’t good at all. One of the worst performances of the season. Especially after the recent ones which looked like we might’ve turned a corner and found a bit of rhythm. 

It was a clear pen. Candeias gave the ball away in a poor area then Goldson caught their player with a sloppy tackle. 

Only sitter I can think of is when he should’ve stayed onside on a counter where he did put it in the net I’m sure. 

All things being equal, Aberdeen should’ve been down to 9 as well. 

Archived