Wouldn't suprise me if Gerrard doesn't see out the season

KingKirk

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Couldn't give a fuck tbh. Never taken seriously and that's how I live my life. Post stupid shit course but you'll no see my going back to delete it. Made the post can take the slaughtering nae bother

It's all good fun

Good man, Kirk.

7 hours ago, Gman36 said:

I would say 9's almost inevitable now. I don't see a sufficient swing in squads happening in one (or two) transfer windows

Their swing is well underway. Lennon is an inferior manager to Rodgers and I suspect you will see a reduced wage bill over there next season (still greater than ours) and there will be a sizeable rebuild required. 

The challenge is whether we can get our own house in order and actually lay a glove on them. Ultimately, this season has been another disaster - mitigated by a good European run but the margin for error next season is minimal already. 

26 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Their swing is well underway. Lennon is an inferior manager to Rodgers and I suspect you will see a reduced wage bill over there next season (still greater than ours) and there will be a sizeable rebuild required. 

The challenge is whether we can get our own house in order and actually lay a glove on them. Ultimately, this season has been another disaster - mitigated by a good European run but the margin for error next season is minimal already. 

What are your thoughts on Gerrard at this point? I’m assuming his job isn’t under threat. 

Let's put it this way, if Gerrard walks, we would be as well putting the locks on the gates, because he IS King's man and the last throw of the dice. No manager will ever get the backing of King like Gerrard. Another major clear out in the summer and if it doesn't happen for the title next season King walks along with Gerrard and there will be no stopping the scum taking ten, as we fall into real mediocrity.

Then the fucking bangers of managers getting considered by the usual fantasists that you wouldn't touch with a shitty stick  It would get that bad, the usual suspects would be back for Del the sheep shagging taig. That's where we are headed with no King and no Gerrard.

The thread is a fucking train wreck. 

He is going no where but we have had the same issue for the whole season with the amount of wasted opportunities, pathetic balls into the box and the failure to turn possession into goals. If he can’t turn that around and resolve this issue then he won’t make it as a manager.  He deserves another season to show us and the rest of the football world if he has what it takes.

16 hours ago, gj923 said:

The board has went all in and will be grateful he brought Europa league money in. They will be hoping (and needing) the same next season and  will rely on him delivering.

I agree wi this.Am also hoping that SG doesn't think he's unsackable just because he's SG.He needs to learn quickly,needs to learn how to get the most out of the players because atm it looks like they're having potshots at bare arses again.

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Course it's easier to sit in than it is to break a team down but with the money we've spent we shouldn't be 1/6 against Aberdeen this season, that's a horrific stat. 

All ifs and buts about last night, end of the day we were pish and barely tested Lewis, alot of possession and very little to show from it, was a Warburton game all over, just passing from side to side and getting hit on the counter.

We do need better players I agree but do you trust Gerrard to get them? 7 of the starters last night were his signings & his transfer record since being here is poor to say the least. Our 2 best players with any sell on potential are Morelos/Tav, both signed by previous managers.

That's the biggest question mark for me and something I'd agree on you with.

Couldn't be happier with Gerrard in terms of how he carries himself, how he deals with the media, how he's trying to play football, or how he seems to have bought into the club.

Would like to know how far down his list some of these signings have been, and how much input Allen has in transfers. 

25 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I agree wi this.Am also hoping that SG doesn't think he's unsackable just because he's SG.He needs to learn quickly,needs to learn how to get the most out of the players because atm it looks like they're having potshots at bare arses again.

He IS and he has got the most out of the regulars he plays. They aint good enough to win this league as the results show, almost until it is mathematicaly impossible to win.

Need 4/5 of proper quality to come in.

IMO his judgement lacking in putting faith in certain players who have repeatedly let him down. After the sheep result, he has much reflection to do on some, if he has learned anything.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Couldn't be happier with Gerrard in terms of how he carries himself, how he deals with the media, how he's trying to play football, or how he seems to have bought into the club.

Would like to know how far down his list some of these signings have been, and how much input Allen has in transfers. 

He has bought into the club and does conduct himself very well, he was the same as a player in interviews etc

Signings wise we'll never find out but personally I think Goldson was definetley one of his. Loan wise I would think Ejaria/Kent are certainties, obviously with the Liverpool connection.

Barisic/Grezda are the weird ones, don't know if that's came about from our scouting of Osijek before the match but both seemed like fuck it why not kinda signings & both have struggled big time so far.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm sure he's said a couple of times in interviews that he's really happy with the backing his management team have had and that the board have delivered almost every signing they've asked for

12 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Two transfer windows to win a league title against a side who've won 7 on the trot... 

Moronic. 

Or just provide some improvement on the shit show of last year 

Which domestically we haven’t done 

This season has been an abject failure and if he wasn’t Steven Gerrard he’d have been chased last night 

Imagine a Pedro or Murty team delivered that performance and how we’d have reacted even those 2 could beat fucking Aberdeen

43 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Or just provide some improvement on the shit show of last year 

Which domestically we haven’t done 

This season has been an abject failure and if he wasn’t Steven Gerrard he’d have been chased last night 

Imagine a Pedro or Murty team delivered that performance and how we’d have reacted even those 2 could beat fucking Aberdeen

If we finish second, which we are in pole position to do, then we will have improved domestically. We can’t just rip it up and start again every nine months.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If we finish second, which we are in pole position to do, then we will have improved domestically.

We can’t just rip it up and start again every nine months.

So we can’t chop and change but it was good enough for Pedro and Murty to get the bullet?

Not saying they should’ve stayed but results wise they weren’t to dissimilar to what we’re experiencing the now yet Gerrard deserves more time when they didn’t?

I like Gerrard as a guy but he’s falling far short of what is needed here at the moment in just about every area apart from media handling 

We need a good manager not good PR

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

So we can’t chop and change but it was good enough for Pedro and Murty to get the bullet?

Not saying they should’ve stayed but results wise they weren’t to dissimilar to what we’re experiencing the now yet Gerrard deserves more time when they didn’t?

I like Gerrard as a guy but he’s falling far short of what is needed here at the moment in just about every area apart from media handling 

Managers can overcome bad results and disappointing seasons,  which is what we’ve had this season. What managers can’t overcome is losing the dressing room and people seem to forget that that’s exactly what happened to Caixinha and Murty. When that happens there is no going back and there’s no sign of that happening to Gerrard yet.

Like I said in another thread, we are dangerously close to developing a reputation as a club who pull the trigger on managers within months so what manager worth their salt is going to come here knowing that have 9 months to overthrow celtic with a fraction of their budget? There’s a reason we’ve ended up with a string of managers who had no place having the job to begin with and it’s not solely because of the boards incompetence.

21 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Murty had to step down because he was nearly greeting in after match interviews. 

Caixinha got the bullet because of disastrous results against selik and getting papped out of Europe at the first hurdle by a diddy mob from Luxembourg. 

And just to clear this up once for all, what is needed at the moment exactly? 

The way we've been this season we could've beat Aberdeen and them in the semis then lost to fucking Hertz in the final. 

We should be top of the league but we aren't because we've had far too many draws where we've failed to kill teams off or lost out to last minute equalisers, you erase that problem with quality in key positions of a team, something which simply cannot be expected to happen after two windows. 

Comparing Gerrard to the last three clowns who were in charge is absolutely fucking chronic behaviour.