***Official Tarriers V Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Never understood anyone who predicts a draw or defeat against them before a ball is kicked. Press them like before and we can fucking hammer them.

Because we’ve won one old firm out of last 13 or so.

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Because we’ve won one old firm out of last 13 or so.

No look I get that a win for them is by far the most likely outcome given our form, them being at home, the last time we've won there etc. etc.

I just couldn't bring myself to go into any game with them thinking anything but we can beat them.

Can we beat them? Of course. Is it likely? No.

I'd take a draw right now. My feeling is they will dominate posession and wear us down. We lack a cutting edge and I can't see us scoring (m)any at the piggery.  Hoping for a jammy win, happy with 0-0, but expecting worse.

Whatever happens I want to see a Rangers team that's up for it, tries to play football and doesn't collapse if they score.

If we go there with the attitude and drive we had in our game in December then what will be will be. If we go there and sit off them and give them too much respect and time to play their game we'll get deservedly fucked over.

Give it our all in the pressing and aggressive style shown by the teams who have beaten them and I'll take what comes from it.

2 hours ago, sairheid_bear said:

Can we beat them? Of course. Is it likely? No.

I'd take a draw right now. My feeling is they will dominate posession and wear us down. We lack a cutting edge and I can't see us scoring (m)any at the piggery.  Hoping for a jammy win, happy with 0-0, but expecting worse.

Whatever happens I want to see a Rangers team that's up for it, tries to play football and doesn't collapse if they score.

I see us having 5 absolutely golden chances and missing every one with Alfredo clean through twice and Arfield fluffing and fluffing 2 outstanding  chances from just outside the 6 yard box

I see it being an open game  but the scum scoring in the last minute with a shot deflected and  cannoning off Tav's testicles and in off the crossbar and then in off the  post

I see at least 1 Rangers player being ordered off and 1 scum player that should have been red carded , not

I have the feeling the TLB doesn’t yet know all the players or his best starting 11. The result could go either way but it is not a foregone conclusion like the last few years. Tierney is currently injured so it means that side can be exploited.

Candeias has explained in an interview published today (23/3) on the Club website that: “The last game against them was our best performance. Now this break is important to recover the players who have injuries as they are important players for the team. “It makes the team stronger. Winning the last game has given the team more confidence.”

Re the text I've highlighted bold.   It beggars more than a bit of belief imo.   Since the last OF game far from seeing the evidence of a team playing with more confidence we've seen a form slump that has seen us lose points with alarming regularity and as a result have seen the league title all but slip away...….and seen our SC run ended.   That - I would suggest to him - is not an indicator of a team that has taken confidence from the OF win.  The very opposite in fact.

Perhaps from his interview he is concluding that all that really matters are OF wins.    He would be wrong.  Very wrong. 

It is just not the case that the team found itself with more confidence after the last OF game.  It should have done.  It should have resulted in us pressing on in this latter part of the season to build on that win by going on a run of consistently winning games.   It should have resulted in us looking forward to a cup semi final.  But the unchangeable fact is we are experiencing a slump in form and not a massive boost in confidence.   

I get that he is trying to talk up expectation for the OF game.   But he is way off the mark to be thinking that the last game actually did have an outcome of giving the team more confidence.    The article is spin with so much spin its spun out of credibility. 

26 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Candeias has explained in an interview published today (23/3) on the Club website that: “The last game against them was our best performance. Now this break is important to recover the players who have injuries as they are important players for the team. “It makes the team stronger. Winning the last game has given the team more confidence.”

Re the text I've highlighted bold.   It beggars more than a bit of belief imo.   Since the last OF game far from seeing the evidence of a team playing with more confidence we've seen a form slump that has seen us lose points with alarming regularity and as a result have seen the league title all but slip away...….and seen our SC run ended.   That - I would suggest to him - is not an indicator of a team that has taken confidence from the OF win.  The very opposite in fact.

Perhaps from his interview he is concluding that all that really matters are OF wins.    He would be wrong.  Very wrong. 

It is just not the case that the team found itself with more confidence after the last OF game.  It should have done.  It should have resulted in us pressing on in this latter part of the season to build on that win by going on a run of consistently winning games.   It should have resulted in us looking forward to a cup semi final.  But the unchangeable fact is we are experiencing a slump in form and not a massive boost in confidence.   

I get that he is trying to talk up expectation for the OF game.   But he is way off the mark to be thinking that the last game actually did have an outcome of giving the team more confidence.    The article is spin with so much spin its spun out of credibility. 

If he did say that the last game gave the team confidence then it must mean the squad basically only have to show up a handful of times a season.    When I actually think it’s the games vs st Johnstone away etc that are mentally the harder games to get motivated for. He must think beating the tims but being 10 points beind is acceptable when I’d much rather lose the games vs them and be 10 points infront.

If we set out looking for a draw they will win easily as they have more players that score goals than us we have to attack them from the off as their defence is their weakest part of their team.

I'm a dour faced cunt most of the time but I seriously fancy us on Sunday...

They'll play like Lennon, in our faces trying to get a reaction so if we play the way we can and run at them with pace we'll get free kicks etc and could run them ragged...We play for a draw and they'll pump us.

December 29th team shows up I fancy 3..1 the famous

I keep imagining TLB going into meltdown as we go 2 ahead with 2 penalties and he gets in Gerrard's face and attacks him, with Gerrard in turn fucking rag dolling him. Maybe I'm subconsciously  wishing it to happen.

I think that shower will be under instruction to try and humiate us, not that they need much instruction and we onow they don't do clean and fair play.

This is a bigger game for TLB personally, in securing his future at that midden. Will he cope with that pressure if he is losing? 

I'll be wetting the pampers if we win, but they do have better all round quality and been over the course, so if we are to lose, let it be with us going down fighting and I'll not be too disappointed.

You can never tell with managers in how they will set up, particularly in big games. Does Gerrard play safe and sit in to avoid a rout, or does he go for it and possibly expose us to a hiding, particularly knowing the high probability the ref won't be doing us any favours and Alfredo again the casualty? 

A hard call, but I'd prefer we go for it, come what may.

Archived