David Robertson Kashmir Documentary

Sparkle

I enjoyed watching it. Pretty sure they said Kashmir is the world's most militarized place. Some of the places they went looked shit but some looked lovely and when you see it you find it hard to believe where it is. 

I loved Robertson as a player when he played for us.

29 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

I enjoyed watching it. Pretty sure they said Kashmir is the world's most militarized place. Some of the places they went looked shit but some looked lovely and when you see it you find it hard to believe where it is. 

Likewise. A great defender who didn't do prisoners.

42 minutes ago, don logan said:

I agree. Him and Laudrup were immense together.

He was quick, strong and had some lect foot. Injuries fucked him at Leeds. He hardly got any Scotland caps as well if I remember.  Pretty sure the mong who is tim boyd played. Ridiculous when you think about it  

3 hours ago, geronimoo said:

Used to work with a guy from Kashmir and he used to show me photos. Beautiful place.

Robertson was very good but he wasn't as good as Numan.

It's comparing a guy that had 45 Dutch caps, played in 3rd/4th place WC playoff and a Euro Championship QF to a guy that had 2 Scottish caps.

Robertson was a speed demon and a good defender but Numan had class.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's comparing a guy that had 45 Dutch caps, played in 3rd/4th place WC playoff and a Euro Championship QF to a guy that had 2 Scottish caps.

True. Not as cultured as Numan, but a very good player. I always liked the way he would show wingers the space and turn it into a competition for pace, which he always won. Ridiculous that he was overlooked for Scotland in favour of that carthorse Boyd. 

3 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I liked Davie. He did get lucky though that his red card after just 2 mins v the papes didn't cost us.

I will try and find some time to watch the documentary.

Shocking red card tbf mate. The early days of the red for a last man professional foul and the ref fucked it.

Never a red, but those were the days we had the ability and mental strength to power through adversity.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Shocking red card tbf mate. The early days of the red for a last man professional foul and the ref fucked it.

Never a red, but those were the days we had the ability and mental strength to power through adversity.

I was right on the halfway line for that game. Came up from working in Butlins to go to the game. Soaked to the skin but what a fucking night that was...and your right never a red. 

The train back down to Ayr that night was truly wonderful. How we didn't derail it doing the bouncey I will never know...

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Agree totally. He was a great player for us and probably the best left back ive seen for Rangers apart from Numan. He should have had far more caps but it would be stretching it a fair bit to say he was as good as Numan. Its all about opinions of course though. Not seen the programme yet but gonna watch it tonight probably. I like documentaries like that, it reminds you there is so much more to football than the EPl and the so called champions league.

19 hours ago, northern bear said:

I personally think hes been the best lb I've seen play for Rangers and that includes Numan. 

I have always been of this opinion also. Great at driving forward down the left and had a cracking shot. Love numan but think robertson was better.

On 5 April 2019 at 13:10, RFC RYAN said:

Brilliant watch there’s no chance the players knew what he was shouting at them. 

Don't know about that. Fuck, cunt and bastard transcends pretty well across the planet. The other bits weren't really that important.

£100 win bonus. Bring it on!

Fucking great watch and I take my hat off to the man. He seems a real decent down to earth sort. The exact opposite of the pretentious bastards that infest the game.