Fenians

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

No chance.

Also, it cannot be serious that you can't fuck off the ira?

I've already been pulled up by plod for boaby sands add on. Was a large crowd of us and we just continued. Too many of us and they fucked off.

So you can't condemn a terrorist? Says everything about the society in which we live and to which part is being favoured.

One day this will end in serious civil conflict and tbh, it needs to happen as the politicians are not for changing. We are the targets and it's time we took them off our backs and faced the enemy.

It genuinely does not matter if it is not a crime.

If Uefa state that it is not allowed to sing 'fuck the IRA' then we cant do it without risking punishment. It is that simple.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That should come from the Club not someone who is a poster on Twitter ffs, however much he thinks he is ITK. 

I had just settled down after spending the afternoon and evening on this subject and some prick thinks he can post that as if he is somehow important. :headwall:

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No chance.

I've already been pulled up by plod for boaby sands add on. Was a large crowd of us and we just continued. Too many of us and they fucked off.

So you can't condemn a terrorist? Says everything about the society in which we live and to which part is being favoured.

One day this will end in serious civil conflict and tbh, it needs to happen as the politicians are not for changing. We are the targets and it's time we took them off our backs and faced the enemy.

No you haven't 

“Insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons” was the text of the rule we’re supposed to have broken. 

In my lifetime football songbooks of all clubs have always had some derogatory ditties about players, other fans and groups of people. The rule is not being applied consistently. Who is deciding which words are ‘ok’ in the context of that rule and which words aren’t?

Just now, Bears r us said:

That should come from the Club not someone who is a poster on Twitter ffs, however much he thinks he is ITK. 

I had just settled down after spending the afternoon and evening on this subject and some prick thinks he can post that as if he is somehow important. :headwall:

Yip, you’d expect Robertson to have given an interview on RTV or something but instead we are being told by a twitter account.

Sums up this board.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It genuinely does not matter if it is not a crime.

If Uefa state that it is not allowed to sing 'fuck the IRA' then we cant do it without risking punishment. It is that simple.

So if you are told it is wrong you are wrong? Thank fuck some in the past thought otherwise.

Coincidence that after a couple of weeks of Lawell being voted onto some UEFA board, we get hit with this? Yet they have previous as long as your arm with paltry fines deemed acceptable?

This will now follow into our domestic game and set a precedent imo. Trial by sportscene will be at overload highlighting our fans songs and they along with the rest of the bitter fans in the country will push for serious sanctions against us (stand closures, point deductions etc) and the SFA will comply.

Ever wondered why they came after that song?  Because it is our anthem. Nothing in football matches up to Ibrox belting out the Billy Boys and they played the offended card and made a concerted effort to get it banned, in effect trying to castrate us and silence our support. We were supposed to die in 2012...we're still here with a real prospect of winning the league and about to hit the jackpot with Europa League prize money...this wasn't part of the plan for them.

We get rid of the Billy Boys then they will come back for something else. They won't stop, they hate us, hate you, hate our club and yet we have fans with their hand in the sand wanting to build bridges and appease these bigoted wankers.

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No chance.

Well the IRA’s second biggest fans are in power at Holyrood

1 minute ago, Barasa said:

So if you are told it is wrong you are wrong? Thank fuck some in the past thought otherwise.

When you apply to play in a an organisations competition and they grant you access, and pay you on the understanding you obey the rules, then yes.

If they say that singing 'Fuck the IRA' live on tv in their competition is breaking the rules, then we may have to accept the punishment they  hand out.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No chance.

Exactly why I've been bleating on saying clarity is needed on what is deemed offensive.  Theres more to it than Fenian, and why the club refuse to clarify is bewildering.

Typical that it's more offensive to say fuck the ira than sing in support of it.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Yip, you’d expect Robertson to have given an interview on RTV or something but instead we are being told by a twitter account.

Sums up this board.

Exactly mate, I had settled down after a  day of discussing all this and then some jumped up wee prick thinks he can tell us all what the Club should and must do, and soon. 👍 

As I have been typing this what is the chances of c1872 coming out with it as well. 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Polo said:

“Insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons” was the text of the rule we’re supposed to have broken. 

In my lifetime football songbooks of all clubs have always had some derogatory ditties about players, other fans and groups of people. The rule is not being applied consistently. Who is deciding which words are ‘ok’ in the context of that rule and which words aren’t?

The Fenians. 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

When you apply to play in a an organisations competition and they grant you access, and pay you on the understanding you obey the rules, then yes.

If they say that singing 'Fuck the IRA' live on tv in their competition is breaking the rules, then we may have to accept the punishment they  hand out.

Fuck the ira should never be breaking any fucking rules in any civilised fucking society.

Which group of individuals are justifiably being protected from discrimination?

Fenian bastards? Aye, I get it, an unacceptable phrase.

Fuck the IRA?  C'mon to fuck that's reprehensible. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Exactly why I've been bleating on saying clarity is needed on what is deemed offensive.  Theres more to it than Fenian, and why the club refuse to clarify is bewildering.

Typical that it's more offensive to say fuck the ira than sing in support of it.

It's fucking mental.

And I say that as someone supporting what the club have asked us to do because there's no negotiation or debate about this and ultimately it does harm the club.

But by fuck this whole situation needs someone sensible with power and clout to take a look at the bigger picture and point out a few home truths.

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Are we not allowed to say Fuck The ira? I didn't know that. My wages were paid out every week in the Tavern In The Town, so fuck the ira & any competition they control. Let them do what they will.

22 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I wouldnt mind so much if it finally sunk in and they now stopped. That would be fair enough.

By the sounds of opinions on here though, they are just going to continue out of defiance. Anyone who does it now in a European game, I genuinely hope they get a lifetime ban.

I dont think we are being treated more harshly than others. Others today were handed the same punishment. Others were even ordered to play games behind closed doors.

You really don't want to make friends on here do you?

24 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Anyone who does it now in a European game, I genuinely hope they get a lifetime ban.

I genuinely hope the fall from your ivory tower results in, at the very least, life-changing injury.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Much more!

I need to gtf of these threads, because I'm getting seriously fucking angry.

There are none so blind!

So its different rules for one team in Glasgow than the other then (that both play in Uefa competitions) 

Why no warning or monetary fine first ,accompanied by a warning of stand closures in the future 

Look how many times, for different offences ( including assault ,having fireworks n ira songs that mob from the east end have had, each time only amounting in a fine ,small at that too .

Then recently they have this big bad word in pride of place on a banner for the whole world to see .

The board need to put this to uefa for clarification ffs 

What a fucking carry on tbh   

Archived