2nd UEFA Charge

BridgeIsBlue

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You'd need to be utterly niave to believ that.

This is fuck all to do with ou singing nd all to do with damaging us. If it were simply about singing, nonce fc would have been closed long ago.

We can all stop the so called offensive words/songs, but this is not going away.

Until this board do their job and call this for what it is and get a level playing field then this will spill over to our domestic game, not that it isn't already open season, but this just gives the haters more reason.

UEFA have got it tight for the most British of Britsh clubs since brexit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Yeah, just reading through the thread now.  Seems the board have ( once again) shat the bed.   I assume we knew about this charge weeks ago.

Am assuming so going with how quick this charge has came. 

Just now, Coop said:

UEFA have got it tight for the most British of Britsh clubs since brexit.

I was wondering if there was something in this too. We're a strong embodiment of britishness. It's quite possible anti British feeling due to brexit is playing a part too. 

Just now, gogzy said:

Yeah, just reading through the thread now.  Seems the board have ( once again) shat the bed.   I assume we knew about this charge weeks ago.

I think they found out about the first offence a while ago, this new charge has just landed.

I think the 'Everyone - Anyone' campaign was started to try and get the fans to behave after the first charge landed, but the result was not known. I think the club was hoping starting this initiative would play out well to UEFA. It didnt.

This new charge has hit us, and the board has declined tickets to the next away game, but I doubt it will have the required effect and we are going to be hit with a closure of Ibrox for one of our group games should we get there, or the first qualifier next season.

One more charge and we are out of Europe, either this year or next.

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

Hopefully we're not requesting away tickets for the next away game as a pre-emptive measure to stop UEFA closing Ibrox instead tbh.

Unbelievable.

looks exactly why we've done it.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely cant tell if this is a serious reply.

Produce the list of banned songs then. And produce any material which highlights any racist behaviour from the fans from any of the last 7 away games in Europe. Or home for that matter. 

The fans have been hit with this and it’s been kept from them. You can’t blame the fans unless they sang the same songs tomorrow. Really don’t understand how you don’t get this. Nobody is disputing the songs have to stop, but we’ve been hit with a second charge for a game that happens after we were made aware there was something wrong with the first! 

It fucking stinks. The fans will stop signing the songs, but there was no need to keep us in the dark until it’s too late

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Warsaw was only 6 days ago. St joes nobody seems to know when we knew about the charge 

Couple of days later. UEFA seem to have stopped ublishing notices of charges until a decision is made, assume the club felt it better not to go public until it was decided if they'd done something wrong.

Can sort of understand it though, as a pre-decision statement from the board telling us to stop doing the thing we're claiming we don't do won't really look good.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Ok, so as I understand it, FARE are an association that anyone can join, and if they make a complaint, UEFA will back them up and take action.

Now if even a few hundred celtic fans join and pay the 50 euros, they can legitimately complain about our fans on a weekly basis, regardless of songs sung etc, and it wasn't a UEFA delegate who complained about us(as I understood to be the case). 

That means that regardless of us stopping the songs (which ones, we haven't been told, but can assume TBB is on the list), we will be complained about. 

Let's not beat around the bush, those bastards (celtic supporters) want us dead and out of the way and will do whatever they can to get there. 

I just struggle to get my head around the fact that Songs and words are deemed more offensive than actual racism and violence. I hate what the world is becoming, and that we have so many fans who are actually having a go at others for their beliefs. 

Let's just all hand out the prawn sandwiches, clap the team on to the pitch and just just applaud the boys for a jolly good performance, and encourage the players with shouts of "you can do it", and positive affirmation messages.

The thing is, it won't stop. I've read that they are trying to say Penny Arcade is sectarian? That will be next. We have meekly taken it up the arse from all and sundry (no, FARE, that wasn't me being homophobic) since 2012. 

The club need to challenge this or at the very least get clarification or guidelines from UEFA as to what we are dealing with, otherwise we will amend the songbook and still face sanctions. Throwing the Union Bears under the bus is shocking and looks like they have done so to appease UEFA rather than being sensible, challenging them and standing up for our support. 

Im sorry, but the world is fucked when TBB and Build My Gallows are worse than throwing bananas and calling someone the n word for 90 minutes. You see worse on daytime tv than we have been pulled up for.

Rant over.

I agree 100% but mate it's there competition so really we either deal with it or rebel against and be kicked out.

It's dictatorship it's no how it should go but it is what it is

1 minute ago, A.T.G said:

Produce the list of banned songs then. And produce any material which highlights any racist behaviour from the fans from any of the last 7 away games in Europe. Or home for that matter. 

The fans have been hit with this and it’s been kept from them. You can’t blame the fans unless they sang the same songs tomorrow. Really don’t understand how you don’t get this. Nobody is disputing the songs have to stop, but we’ve been hit with a second charge for a game that happens after we were made aware there was something wrong with the first! 

It fucking stinks. The fans will stop signing the songs, but there was no need to keep us in the dark until it’s too late

They won't because if we then get pulled for singing something that's not on the banned list then folk piss and complain.

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Ok, so as I understand it, FARE are an association that anyone can join, and if they make a complaint, UEFA will back them up and take action.

Now if even a few hundred celtic fans join and pay the 50 euros, they can legitimately complain about our fans on a weekly basis, regardless of songs sung etc, and it wasn't a UEFA delegate who complained about us(as I understood to be the case). 

That means that regardless of us stopping the songs (which ones, we haven't been told, but can assume TBB is on the list), we will be complained about. 

Let's not beat around the bush, those bastards (celtic supporters) want us dead and out of the way and will do whatever they can to get there. 

I just struggle to get my head around the fact that Songs and words are deemed more offensive than actual racism and violence. I hate what the world is becoming, and that we have so many fans who are actually having a go at others for their beliefs. 

Let's just all hand out the prawn sandwiches, clap the team on to the pitch and just just applaud the boys for a jolly good performance, and encourage the players with shouts of "you can do it", and positive affirmation messages.

The thing is, it won't stop. I've read that they are trying to say Penny Arcade is sectarian? That will be next. We have meekly taken it up the arse from all and sundry (no, FARE, that wasn't me being homophobic) since 2012. 

The club need to challenge this or at the very least get clarification or guidelines from UEFA as to what we are dealing with, otherwise we will amend the songbook and still face sanctions. Throwing the Union Bears under the bus is shocking and looks like they have done so to appease UEFA rather than being sensible, challenging them and standing up for our support. 

Im sorry, but the world is fucked when TBB and Build My Gallows are worse than throwing bananas and calling someone the n word for 90 minutes. You see worse on daytime tv than we have been pulled up for.

Rant over.

I dont think anyone is claiming seriously that Penny Arcade is sectarian. I think you have read sarcastic comments on here as fact.

TBB and Build My Gallows are not worse than throwing bananas or calling someone the N word for 90 minutes. They do however both fall foul of the same rule, hence they are both punished with the same rule.

More sense yet again from the Bridgeton RSC facebook  page -

Bridgeton Loyal Rangers Supporters Club

1 hr ·

This has been posted on the Larky Loyal page and is worth sharing

On the eve of our most important game of the season so far we know all eyes outside our support will not be on the pitch but on our stands, we as a support have had to endure attacks on our club for years from the way we cut the grass to the shirts on our players back.

Now it is the supporters that they are using to try and destroy us, we as a support have had euphoric highs to hellish lows in the last few decades, now as we rise again it is UEFA who are coming down on the club and we as a support have to start playing the game. We have had the warning shots fired at us in the past and now we have partial ground closure, let's be certain that UEFA will take the next step and make the team we all love play to an empty stadium.

We are a club of famous heroes, let's sing of our clubs victories and support our club with proud voices. There has been division in parts of our support for too long now let's use this to bring us all together now as one. Please when we go support the famous Glasgow Rangers tomorrow let's make them discuss the greatest supporters in the world in a positive way and talk of another famous victory.
#LarkyLoyal

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

They're going to throw us out of Europe if our fans continue to sing whatever it is they're so upset about 

We need clarity from the club ASAP

We need transparency from uefa and more importantly they fuckers at fare 

Just now, Siam69 said:

More sense yet again from the Bridgeton RSC facebook  page -

Bridgeton Loyal Rangers Supporters Club

1 hr ·

This has been posted on the Larky Loyal page and is worth sharing

On the eve of our most important game of the season so far we know all eyes outside our support will not be on the pitch but on our stands, we as a support have had to endure attacks on our club for years from the way we cut the grass to the shirts on our players back.

Now it is the supporters that they are using to try and destroy us, we as a support have had euphoric highs to hellish lows in the last few decades, now as we rise again it is UEFA who are coming down on the club and we as a support have to start playing the game. We have had the warning shots fired at us in the past and now we have partial ground closure, let's be certain that UEFA will take the next step and make the team we all love play to an empty stadium.

We are a club of famous heroes, let's sing of our clubs victories and support our club with proud voices. There has been division in parts of our support for too long now let's use this to bring us all together now as one. Please when we go support the famous Glasgow Rangers tomorrow let's make them discuss the greatest supporters in the world in a positive way and talk of another famous victory.
#LarkyLoyal

Agreed. But it won’t stop there. We will see where this goes

Look, the UN recently defined hate speech to include  complaining about migration - its the way of the world. People believe if they control language they control thoughts/ behaviour.  There is no argument our club can make against this - its UEFA's competition. The Club need to toe the line and do as told. Which means we the fans need to support the Club.

3 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Racist behaviour for sectarian singing?  Racist?Are these cunts on drugs? 

Exactly. If it's logical that our songs are racist, then it's equally logical that sellik songs are racist. That being the case they should've been charged with this a long while back as they've been consistently in European competition for longer than we have recently. 

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

There is no list of banned songs. There does not need to be a list of banned songs.

You are however not allowed to say the following:-

Fenians (especially if you follow it with bastards)

Fuck the Pope

Taigs

Papes

Anything else which would be considered by many to be particularly offensive.

Its not really that hard to understand to be honest.

3 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

so fare have covered many tarrier games and not found any problem? :lol: it’s honestly mental how far this goes and how it’s always us.

They dont go to every game. They prioritise 'risk' ones, or ones involving teams theyve previously reported.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Why always us?

Scumbag teams like Lazio who are openly racist or some of the notoriously mental Eastern European teams never seem to fall foul to this kind of nonsense 

Lazio had a section closed for it last season.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

There is no list of banned songs. There does not need to be a list of banned songs.

You are however not allowed to say the following:-

Fenians (especially if you follow it with bastards)

Fuck the Pope

Taigs

Papes

Anything else which would be considered by many to be particularly offensive.

Its not really that hard to understand to be honest.

Fuxxake, no point going anymore then 

Archived