Never walk alone tomorrow

scottyc06

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

When I read about this last night my first thought was, this is taking the piss, and I still feel the same this morning. I am not disputing they sing the song, but come on, they will know fine well what it means to Rangers fans.

What I hope we can do is either sing over it or ignore it, certainly no booing. That is the reaction they and their scum palls will be looking for. 

Rest easy Fernando your memory will be well respected by the people who loved you tonight.

Can't work out if it is taking the piss or not, so the fall back is, what is the right thing to do?

That is never a taig song, albeit the taigs sing it. It is the song of Gerrard in all that he was brought up with. More his than theirs.

The taigs rip off the song as they rip off most things. They ripped off the Saltire, yet some some of our own fly them  and even vote with them!

They ripped off our *un anthem and use it against, but not a word from our uber staunch. Not even an attempt to take back what was ours.

I don't miss the irony.

When one is criticised for doing the right thing as you see it, then you know you are doing the right thing. We can run with the law of the jungle, or we can rise above it, but rising above it does not equal submission to it.

One can simply go with what they feel is right for them.

All that was and still is Fernando Ricksen in his legacy is humbling. As long as your homage to his memory is borne out of respect for him, nothing else matters.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can't work out if it is taking the piss or not, so the fall back is, what is the right thing to do?

That is never a taig song, albeit the taigs sing it. It is the song of Gerrard in all that he was brought up with. More his than theirs.

The taigs rip off the song as they rip off most things. They ripped off the Saltire, yet some some of our own fly them  and even vote with them!

They ripped off our *un anthem and use it against, but not a word from our uber staunch. Not even an attempt to take back what was ours.

I don't miss the irony.

When one is criticised for doing the right thing as you see it, then you know you are doing the right thing. We can run with the law of the jungle, or we can rise above it, but rising above it does not equal submission to it.

All that was and still is Fernando Richsen in his legacy is humbling. As long as your homage to his memory is borne out of respect for him, nothing else matters.

The right thing to do is sing over the top of them 

52 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

When I read about this last night my first thought was, this is taking the piss, and I still feel the same this morning. I am not disputing they sing the song, but come on, they will know fine well what it means to Rangers fans.

What I hope we can do is either sing over it or ignore it, certainly no booing. That is the reaction they and their scum palls will be looking for. 

Rest easy Fernando your memory will be well respected by the people who loved you tonight.

It's a piss take as far as I'm concerned so they can go to their taig counterparts and say 'look what we done'.

They don't make any secret of their relationship with the unwashed. Drinking in some Glasgow IRA pubs as well last night.

Ignore them and sing our own songs over them.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Union Bears should be banned for more games imo

I know what you're doing...stop  it :lol:

No they definitely should not, haha!!

Today is going to be a riot. I hope Rangers find their inner Fernando warriorism and tear these guys a new bumhole. That's it. 

14 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I know what you're doing...stop  it :lol:

No they definitely should not, haha!!

Today is going to be a riot. I hope Rangers find their inner Fernando warriorism and tear these guys a new bumhole. That's it. 

I was only offering an opinion 😂😂

The notion that any of our fans should join in with them singing that song, or even that we should be silent or applaud them singing it is ludicrous.

If they want to sing it as a show of respect then they can, that doesn't mean we can't drown it out with our own tribute.

40 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The notion that any of our fans should join in with them singing that song, or even that we should be silent or applaud them singing it is ludicrous.

If they want to sing it as a show of respect then they can, that doesn't mean we can't drown it out with our own tribute.

Yeah, singing over it with our own songs for Fernando is better. I haven't read the rest of the thread, but agree with that. 

Silence for me was meaning I wouldn't join in. Singing our Fernando songs over that one is definitely better. 

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't miss the irony.

All that was and still is Fernando Ricksen in his legacy is humbling. As long as your homage to his memory is borne out of respect for him, nothing else matters.

B A mate, I think your last line says it all, I am very sceptical about their 'respect ' for Fernando by singing a song that, yes was stolen form others, but selick see it as there song. I think singing over it is probably the best way forward, I just do not want to hear any boos because people do not know about what they are supposed to be going to do. (I think we know what would happen at the other place in Glasgow if it was one of their players who had passed away and the opposition song was Simply The Best).

All I want and sure all other fans at the game tonight is a respectful minutes silence followed by applause on 2 minutes (not normally something I like, but seems appropriate tonight for such a strong person and also what pleasure he helped give us fans).

Rest easy Fernando.  

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

This. Its Feyenoords tribute to Fernando, not ours. 

Our tribute should not be on their coat tails, it should be unique and in the Rangers mould.

The last thing we need tonight with the eyes of the football world on us is fall outs amongst our own support.

Let Feyenoord show their respects in their own way.

If you don't like it stay silent.

YNWA is the Liverpool anthem, that I have sung innumerable times on The Kop,  but I boo as loudly as anyone else when they sing it.

Totally get why those living in Glasgow feel the way they do. 

I am sure we will give Fernando the send of he deserves in our way.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I don't miss the irony.

What a lot of absolute pish.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

#YNWATP

@Billy1984

Also, it’s hardl a tribute if they sing it all the time

Archived