Rangers - alleged cover up - BBC rebutted by club

RangersMedia

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

All the info the club have released tonight and previously on this must have followed an investigation, an investigation which I would like to think is already formalised by our club or previous insurers.

So there's been an investigation but now its not good enough and we need another one. Or put another way, we don't believe Walter and Graeme so ask them again.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Is this what the bbc and Daly and using to to try and align us with the beasts from the East? This? Seriously? Imo this is a standard template for anyone who has left an organisation under a cloud. This is without causing mass hysteria among parents and players alike when nothing at the time was probably proven without doubt. Aresholes... The gloves are off Rangers... over to you!!

Yip that’s it although I still think the last line wasn’t required but it is 30 years ago

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

So there's been an investigation but now its not good enough and we need another one. Or put another way, we don't believe Walter and Graeme so ask them again.

I still think Scottish football needs a UK government independent inquiry to look at all accusations and convictions 

8 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

There's people on here saying it requires further investigation. That insinuates that the people who've said that it was reported to the police are lying. Those people who are being accused of lying, insinuated or otherwise, are 2 Rangers legends both of whom have excellent reputations as both football men and human beings in general and not just in Scottish football but world football.

I'll just wire onto a Rangers forum and call Walter Smith and Graeme Souness liars and by implication protectors of a child rapist.

Swing the fucken hammer I say. 

I called time for an enquiry ,nowt to do with hanging any of our own out to dry but to clear them ,

as it stands they are being called liars ,liars to deflect from the industrial sized scandal in the east end ,

full enquiry needed for all ,full enquiry to find out exactly what happened with Neely ,wether the police were informed and they investigated or deemed it not worthy 

also full enquiry to get to the bottom of why. hibs did fuck all 

Also in the full enquiry the reason why Torbett was allowed back and why were there such large payments to the trophy centre 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I still think Scottish football needs a UK government independent inquiry to look at all accusations and convictions 

So do I, because serial liars have allowed serial abusers to run amok for 3 decades. Haven't seen one bit of evidence that contradicts Walter and Souness' stories yet.

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

I called time for an enquiry ,nowt to do with hanging any of our own out to dry but to clear them ,

as it stands they are being called liars ,liars to deflect from the industrial sized scandal in the east end ,

full enquiry needed for all ,full enquiry to find out exactly what happened with Neely ,wether the police were informed and they investigated or deemed it not worthy 

also full enquiry to get to the bottom of why. hibs did fuck all 

Also in the full enquiry the reason why Torbett was allowed back and why were there such large payments to the trophy centre 

Continually asking Walter and Souness if they reported it won't get to the heart of it though will it? They haven't changed their stories once. Questions should be asked of Police Scotland.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Continually asking Walter and Souness if they reported it won't get to the heart of it though will it? They haven't changed their stories once. Questions should be asked of Police Scotland.

Correct ,as part of a full investigation ,

But as part of any investigation it needs taken back to the bare bones ,Which would need statements from Souness and Smith ,just the same as every tarrier involved in their side needs interviewed again ,

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yip that’s it although I still think the last line wasn’t required but it is 30 years ago

I do agree with you mate in some way that we could have just said he left the club. But bigger picture imo was the club probably didn’t want to just tarnish someone’s reputation when maybe at the time not all evidence or actual proof was available to them. It may have opened up litigation against us if we reported anything sinister without having 100% proof. If there was no absolutely no doubt at the time then yes I agree the article should have stated that he was moved on. 

16 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

43 minutes ago

Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful. 

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise. 

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern. 

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

I came in about an hour ago to see this thread and I have read some of the posts in that time. I was worried for a wee while that the Club was not going to comment, I now see this has been done.  :thumbup:

I have no doubt this has been done to try and fuck us up and make it seem we are like the tarriers which is just fucking stupid. The BBC in Scotland are a right bunch of Rangers hating bastards and I hope the Club will now be ready to go on the offensive against them, the time for dignified silence has long gone IMO. 

EDIT: I read some very good posts very quickly tonight and did not bother to give any deserved 'likes' sorry about that. 

16 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

So rather than discuss it openly you'd prefer us to hide it away on another part of the forum? No thanks.

It's Rangers related and should be discussed in the Rangers part of the forum. The shite about the tarriers has no place here. It's pretty simple.

Mate tbh, I think he does have a point after seeing some of our own attacking the club on something we are clearly innocent of. These hating bastards have cited fan quotes against us previously and will do again.

It shouldn't be like this, but such is mind set and tenacity of our haters, you can't do enough to protect the name of the club and it plays out no matter how much you do, we still get shredded. It seriously boils my piss.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

I do agree with you mate in some way that we could have just said he left the club. But bigger picture imo was the club probably didn’t want to just tarnish someone’s reputation when maybe at the time not all evidence or actual proof was available to them. It may have opened up litigation against us if we reported anything sinister without having 100% proof. If there was no absolutely no doubt at the time then yes I agree the article should have stated that he was moved on. 

It didn’t need to be sinister just he’s left but it was different times back then where now every thing is over analysed to the extreme especially with the internet and haters trying to find dirt to chip away at the reputations of organisations

The BBC have crossed a line tonight.

They have taken a lack of confirmation (one way or the other) from the police that Neely was reported and twisted that into “Rangers are lying”

It is gutter journalism and the saddest thing is that the poor cunt being prepped by Daly doesn’t even know he’s being used.

Even their reporting at the end of the late news of Rangers’ statement was misleading.

In all my days, I have never been so angry at blatant bias from a supposedly neutral national broadcaster. The club must issue a blanket ban and take legal advice to establish if further action can follow.

Of course, this is bad enough at any time but, given that they are complicit in the suppression of a story of the molestation (or worse) of upwards of a hundred children at a club across the city, then their utter prejudice is naked for all to see.

There are no words for the contempt I have for an organisation with a pretty fucked up history in this area itself.

Fuck the BBC and every bigoted cunt that has anything to do with them.

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Mate the police can't even keep evidence of crimes committed in the last 3 years safe what chance is there of proof, that likely amounts to some scribbled details in a coppers notebook, that we reported it?

The BBC know exactly what they are doing here. They know the records are probably lost, scant as they were, and they know that means they can insinuate we never reported it and it can't be proven whether we did or didn't.

Not to mention we've had a change of police force from Strathclyde Police to Police Scotland . 

4 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Easy claim to make considering it was 30 years ago and the Police back then would have binned any record of it after speaking to the parents and being told not to pursue it.

I tend to agree with the ‘binned record’ part of this as I would imagine the lack of any filed report is more to do with police ineptitude and missing hard copy carbon paper trails than Rangers FC failing to report the incident. Hopefully that proves to be the case.

Unfortunately 30 years ago a ‘get yourself to fuck out our club’ was viewed as sufficient punishment.

The times have changed, thankfully

I have always been a bit wary of all the ‘celtic are paedos’ type threads and posts as there is a very good chance that this went on (perhaps at a much lesser degree) at a lot of clubs north and south of the border who have no affiliation with the Catholic Church. 

Rangers employees and fans, or anyone else for that matter, aren’t exempt from a fucked up moral compass simply by virtue of the football team they chose to support or happen to be employed by.

All we can hope is that our actions were proven to be honourable and immediate.

Decent statement -  now have the baws to back it up with action.  See them in court where every mis-reported story or lie that they have had to apologise for in the past few years is aired in public.

Utter pigswill of an organisation needs cleansed or shut down completely - the brass neck of the bbc trying to accuse anyone else of covering up child abuse.  

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Decent statement -  now have the baws to back it up with action.  See them in court where every mis-reported story or lie that they have had to apologise for in the past few years is aired in public.

Utter pigswill of an organisation needs cleansed or shut down completely - the brass neck of the bbc trying to accuse anyone else of covering up child abuse.  

This for sure S, I never have much faith on our board doing much in this regard, but they must see how we have been targeted unfairly once again. It is certainly time to go on the attack. 

9 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Correct ,as part of a full investigation ,

But as part of any investigation it needs taken back to the bare bones ,Which would need statements from Souness and Smith ,just the same as every tarrier involved in their side needs interviewed again ,

Naw! Time for our board to call out the SFA and Plod to do their fucking job and prosecute nonce fc to the full.

ALL of the evidence is there in the public domain. A ring, convicted child rapists, 14  perp names by the victims, a cover up and more no doubt of those in high places.

Rings and child rape now acceptable in SNPira Scotland to suit a narrative.

Lest we forget!

Archived