REFEREES (& LINESMEN)

WATP-FOREVER

13 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Come Monday morning .There will be many bears on here wishing for VAR .Hate it down in England but it’s something I just don’t think they could cheat up here 

I would hope you would be right about not cheating with VAR mate, but they seem to twist what happens on Sportscene etc, but you would think that it would help.

I really hope we are not speaking about a bad decision after the game tomorrow going against us, but like yourself I am certainly not very confident.   

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, GA1972 said:

We don’t have that kind of luck, they are honestly the luckiest team in world football 

And probably about as corrupt as Juventus as well which definitely helps with these ‘honest mistakes’

With the campaign against referees and the subsequent fear factor for career and family safety it is indeed a bawhair off match fixing ,add in the uneven use of the compliance system and we have one very very corrupt game in Scotland 

On 27/12/2019 at 20:02, eejay the dj said:

On Monday morning .We will more hard done too ,than the cup final .That is my prediction  .Not trying to be clever here .I think Clancy will be much worse than Collum on Sunday .He has got the perfect cover ,in that he reffed an old firm where we won .I said he would get this game weeks ago on here and I'm saying ,all the big decisions won't go for us on Sunday .This one is just far too important to take chances .I know many think we just have to turn up and play .Having been to loads of these ,that just isn't how it works at their place .

Would love to be wrong on so many counts .My heart says we could do it .Yet my head just reminds me of all the stuff that's been happening last few years 

Us Winning on Sunday puts their run under major pressure .Most of you ,will know the next bit 

At the very very least .I hope we compete and make it so close .The decisions have to be obvious ones .Add to the list 

In 30 bheast games he has refereed .Only 1 loss for the scum .It's as if Kevin was destined to be a major ref in the next few seasons .Along with Collum 

Maybe those 30 games should be looked at closer by uefa,

18 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Overheard a taig in work boasting one of the linesmen today is a massive tim. Hopefully bullshit although no surprise.

The linesman will be a taig but we always know we are playing against the ref and linesman but we will do this today 

2 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

The linesman will be a taig but we always know we are playing against the ref and linesman but we will do this today 

Every game is the same it’s just harder when it’s against the Taigs they don’t even hide it anymore.

Let's be clear on their impact in just the last 2 games.

Illegal goals x 2, penalty they get but we don't for 2 x identical fouls, penalties not given in LC final Brown / Morelos, last man fouling by Julien given in his favour, repeated fouls after first yellow ignored (including punching a player's baws) until its Morelos, simulation ignored by players other than Morelos.

These are blatant demonstrations of lack of parity.  We as a support and club need to see exactly what's going on as it's not alarm bells ringing it's the fucking tsunami alert ringing when it comes to refs decisions. Instead of saying we lost the LCF due to Morelos not taking chances, be clear they won it as they were gifted an illegal goal.

I fully believe if they'd scored from their penalty yesterday they'd have won. I can't just allow my utted relief and delight we won to cloud the fact that big decisions again by and large went against us and yesterday could easily have been another loss like in the final.

Some of us have been slated previously for saying we've been getting cheated, the bias conscious or otherwise is against us. I genuinely think most now see it too. But it's not even 2nd gear for the things we'll be subjected to after the winter break.

Every possible infringement that seriously impacts against us will be given. We will see huge numbers of yellows given as these lead to suspensions. Key players will be targeted for red cards, none moreso than Morelos. Baffling decisions not given in our favour will multiply.  Clancy will get another OF game.

Its evident. Other clubs are now calling out their cheating players, the scum will soon assert huge public pressure on refs which will result positively for them. We as a support need to continue to highlight the injustices and look at the bigger picture rather than blaming our own when theres such lack of impartiality - win draw or lose. 👍

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Illegal goals x 2, penalties they get but we don't for identical fouls x 2, penalties not given in LC final Brown / Morelos, last man fouling by Julien given in his favour, repeated fouls after first yellow ignored (including punching a player's baws) until its Morelos, simulation ignored by players other than Morelos.

These are blatant demonstrations of lack of parity.  We as a support and club need to see exactly what's going on as it's not alarm bells ringing it's the fucking tsunami alert ringing when it comes to refs decisions. Instead of saying we lost the LCF due to Morelos not taking chances, be clear they won it as they were gifted an illegal goal.

I fully believe if they'd scored from their penalty yesterday they'd have won. I can't just allow my utted relief and delight we won to cloud the fact that big decisions again by and large went against us and yesterday could easily have been another loss like in the final.

Some of us have been slated previously for saying we've been getting cheated, the bias conscious or otherwise is against us. I genuinely think most now see it too. But it's not even 2nd gear for the things we'll be subjected to after the winter break.

Every possible infringement that seriously impacts against us will be given. We will see huge numbers of yellows given as these lead to suspensions. Key players will be targeted for red cards, none moreso than Morelos. Baffling decisions not given in our favour will multiply.  Clancy will get another OF game.

Its evident. Other clubs are now calling out their cheating players, the scum will soon assert huge public pressure on refs which will result positively for them. We as a support need to continue to highlight the injustices and look at the bigger picture rather than blaming our own when theres such lack of impartiality - win draw or lose. 👍

It's been clear for all to see for years, dirty cheating fenian bastards.

1 minute ago, dougie76 said:

It's been clear for all to see for years, dirty cheating fenian bastards.

As a general picture I'd agree.

But officiating the likes of which I've seen by Beaton versus Hivs, Clancy up at the sheep, the 3 officials in the LCF and Clancy yesterday..... any one of these is incredible but for us to be on the receiving end of the 4 should see full on war declared by the club.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

As a general picture I'd agree.

But officiating the likes of which I've seen by Beaton versus Hivs, Clancy up at the sheep, the 3 officials in the LCF and Clancy yesterday..... any one of these is incredible but for us to be on the receiving end of the 4 should see full on war declared by the club.

The club won't touch it with a bargepole, it's down to us as a support to keep highlighting the cheating at every turn, would be nice if the media actually started to point it out also but we know the score with that one. Anyway not going to dwell on it to much today will just savour the win for a bit longer yet😂

Serious question. 

Have looked on sfa website but cant find anything about their quality assurance procedures for how they track referee performance and take corrective action to constantly improve standards. Anyone have dealings with them and know how this is done?

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Serious question. 

Have looked on sfa website but cant find anything about their quality assurance procedures for how they track referee performance and take corrective action to constantly improve standards. Anyone have dealings with them and know how this is done?

They, generally, have assessors at the game to assess the referees performance. Usually an ex referee though and unlikely to be highly critical of performances like the one yesterday. Some years ago I was on a course with a guy who was an SFA assessor and he spent a lot of time defending the referees when I questioned some of the decisions I'd seen.

Its all very much an in-house process. I'd like to see assessors from other countries take a look and see how they assess the decision making that seems to be weighted against Rangers more often than not.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Illegal goals x 2, penalty they get but we don't for 2 x identical fouls, penalties not given in LC final Brown / Morelos, last man fouling by Julien given in his favour, repeated fouls after first yellow ignored (including punching a player's baws) until its Morelos, simulation ignored by players other than Morelos.

Can have no complaints about morelos silly dive at all, but the game should have been finished by then. 4 minutes added and played 6 minutes it seemed the ref wanted to play on until septic equalised.  Their penalty; again can't argue against it, but if that's a penalty then there would be 10 penalties in every game,  it is easy for a biased ref to award a penalty in those circumstances,  but when Aribo almost had his shirt pulled off, easy for him to turn a blind eye , all we ever wanted is parity,  and how come the media witch hunt is always one sided. Christie grabbing morelos by the nuts!!!!!! Silence is deafening  , imagine that the other way round.  I don't blame the ref for their goal,  it was a difficult call without var.  So I.ll give him the benefit of the doubt on that. But he bottled it big time with Julien decision,  it was easier to blame the usual fall guy (Alfie) rather than send off  one of them., rant over and btw I had Katic to score anytime @22/1

29 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

They, generally, have assessors at the game to assess the referees performance. Usually an ex referee though and unlikely to be highly critical of performances like the one yesterday. Some years ago I was on a course with a guy who was an SFA assessor and he spent a lot of time defending the referees when I questioned some of the decisions I'd seen.

Its all very much an in-house process. I'd like to see assessors from other countries take a look and see how they assess the decision making that seems to be weighted against Rangers more often than not.

Cheers mate. Is this documented anywhere? I would expect some sortof public facing documentation outlining how they assure standards, the roles of assessors, 4th officials etc.

2 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Cheers mate. Is this documented anywhere? I would expect some sortof public facing documentation outlining how they assure standards, the roles of assessors, 4th officials etc.

Not sure but its similar to England I think. Here, as well as assessors at games, both clubs give the referee a mark out of 10. If they score below a certain mark it has to be explained. They get a point for turning up on time, one for wearing the right kit and one for kicking off in time, if I remember rightly. Most of them will be getting 8s and 9s. These get added to any assessors reports and referees, at lower levels, get promoted on the basis of performance. I dont think you are likely to see anything published, refereeing in Scotland is very much a closed shop. England used to be much the same but has improved a little in the last few years.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Not sure but its similar to England I think. Here, as well as assessors at games, both clubs give the referee a mark out of 10. If they score below a certain mark it has to be explained. They get a point for turning up on time, one for wearing the right kit and one for kicking off in time, if I remember rightly. Most of them will be getting 8s and 9s. These get added to any assessors reports and referees, at lower levels, get promoted on the basis of performance. I dont think you are likely to see anything published, refereeing in Scotland is very much a closed shop. England used to be much the same but has improved a little in the last few years.

Struth. Ok. 

So who at the club decides what score to give? The manager? SG in our case? 

So i would assume we are frequently awarding the minimum 3 or else we deserve all the shit. I promise u the taigs will be.

19 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Struth. Ok. 

So who at the club decides what score to give? The manager? SG in our case? 

So i would assume we are frequently awarding the minimum 3 or else we deserve all the shit. I promise u the taigs will be.

Its usually the club secretary (definitely in England, used to do it for the Sunday team I was secretary of and know a non league secretary that does it now), taking account of the managers views of course. I think the higher you go the mire of a formailty it is. I think it needs a root and branch reform in Scotland and foreign refs for games like yesterday, you need the best there is and Scottish referees are beyond poor.

On 29/12/2019 at 08:00, Albertz85 said:

Overheard a taig in work boasting one of the linesmen today is a massive tim. Hopefully bullshit although no surprise.

There is at least one massive bheast linesman ,in every OF game nowadays .The difference is .A non taig could very well be impartial .There is no way these cunts are 

Archived