REFEREES (& LINESMEN)

WATP-FOREVER

33 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I get that our board want to avoid being compared to them by having a go at officials. 

But we will continue to see calls like yesterday until we start to push back.

We want to see the rules being applied better and fairly for both sides.  That's our end goal. 

Forget whatever pish the MSM try and spin

Yes, all we want is level playing field, because that is what it should be. :thumbup:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any decision that is 50/50 for refs and linesmen, is far easier and safer for them to call against Rangers and for c_ltic in any games. Since the tarriers campaign against referees years ago it’s been this way, with the media also playing its part. All we hear is how they have been cheated in this game and that game yet you’d think it’s never happened to us. Roy aitken taking our throw in , davie Robertson goal given as offside, ref pointing at the spot for a penalty then changing his mind and of course yesterday.Just out of interest, When was the last time a dubious decision went our way in a final?

The position of compliance officer was invented in Scotland purely for their benefit, the don’t even try to hide it, look at the stats of players receiving retrospective punishments of theirs compared to ours. It’s as plain as the nose on yer face,  blatant cheating!

heres a conspiracy, our club could never allow us to lose any titles, fans would walk away before allowing that, I wonder if they have been told celtic will be equalling our title haul then, and when decisions made are questionable we’ve to just shut our mouths and accept it, as others have pointed out the taigs would be going through cunts in public, but us...the silence is deafening 

fucking shit scared of a statement we are, give king his due at least, and only him he’s made a few remarks and had his collar felt for it

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Pity tho,suppose they'd be accused of being pro-Brit 🙂

I think that's half the problem . There are some that don't give us the 50/50's solely in case they get accused of being biased towards us and it is hurting us in big occasions . ie  Beaton on Wednesday .

Was it not long after Gerrard arrived he made some comment after a game where he said it’s been happening to us for years and the media slated him for it. Well he’s plenty of evidence now to make the statement again... and still be right.

10 minutes ago, murzo said:

Was it not long after Gerrard arrived he made some comment after a game where he said it’s been happening to us for years and the media slated him for it. Well he’s plenty of evidence now to make the statement again... and still be right.

It was his first league game vs the sheep. He called it out and yes the MSM were straight out taking shots at him.  

Plenty of evidence for sure. But it counts for jack shit, if our board won't put in a sustained effort to push back. 

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Our management should (hopefully they have been) creating hell behind the scenes at the SFA today and pointing out why officials are making these kind of decisions, they are frightened to make a call against the scum in case they make a mistake and their families and them come to harm.

I hope our management have been challenging the standard of refereeing with the SFA .  

What's the point of our investors providing funds for the manager to scout, train and development players to strengthen our team when the  Ref or linesman neglect to take action on the pitch even though it's  required under the Laws of the Game?

It's not just once this has happened, it's been on going for a few seasons now, Refs/linesmen have a position of trust. If they continue making mistakes or whatever you want to call them, then it's a betrayal to the Scottish game, our investors, our manager, our players and our fans. It's just not good enough.

I don't think VAR is the answer long term but for Semi finals and finals I think it would help to govern the ref/linesmen into making the right call, if set up that way. I believe BT sports offered the SFA the use of their equipment last year, so they could try VAR out in Scotland.

10 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

I’m not even sure if that, the BT ‘ref’ who looks at tv evidence is no better than a man down with some of his deliberations. Thinking of Brown kicking Morelos in their box’ ‘no penalty’ was his decision, Craigan seemed even more taken aback by that than me, bizarre...

Yes, odd decision was a certain penalty.

12 hours ago, Stunels said:

Also dont forget that Forster had both feet off the line before buff touched the ball for the pen.  Clear encroachment, official standing on the line might aswell have been a cardboard cut out for all the use he was.

IMG_20191209_180834.jpg

Both linesman and ref will be rewarded for their performance in the coming weeks .They will both get high profile game .Certainty 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 07:02, eejay the dj said:

Both linesman and ref will be rewarded for their performance in the coming weeks .They will both get high profile game .Certainty 

That's where I feel the system is broken. 

Personally I think the whole way referees/linesmen are governed (or not) needs a shake up. Maybe the system needs something along the lines of ...... 

• Having a VAR type system to govern the refs/linesmen to ensure that a good standard of refereeing is maintained. ( hopefully stopping TV governing the game)
  • That ref's have their own compliance committee, where no-one sitting on the board has a conflict of interest e.g sitting on other governing boards. 
  • That refs/linesmen are carded for getting decisions wrong (proven), after a certain number of cards they receive an automatic demotion. (Hopefully stopping brown envelope favours)
  • That club's are given a written apology from the Ref/linesman for their records.
  • That refs/linesmen are routinely vetted to stamp out match fixing/betting.
  • That the SFA have at least 2 refs outwith Scotland to officiate high profile games.

43 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That's where I feel the system is broken. 

Personally I think the whole way referees/linesmen are governed (or not) needs a shake up. Maybe the system needs something along the lines of ...... 

• Having a VAR type system to govern the refs/linesmen to ensure that a good standard of refereeing is maintained. ( hopefully stopping TV governing the game)
  • That ref's have their own compliance committee, where no-one sitting on the board has a conflict of interest e.g sitting on other governing boards. 
  • That refs/linesmen are carded for getting decisions wrong (proven), after a certain number of cards they receive an automatic demotion. (Hopefully stopping brown envelope favours)
  • That club's are given a written apology from the Ref/linesman for their records.
  • That refs/linesmen are routinely vetted to stamp out match fixing/betting.
  • That the SFA have at least 2 refs outwith Scotland to officiate high profile games.

A lot of that would be an improvement ,problem being who is in control of the game just now and who is benefitting most from the broken system ,they are bothe the same entity ,not a chance are they going to want the system to be fairer 

14 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

A lot of that would be an improvement ,problem being who is in control of the game just now and who is benefitting most from the broken system ,they are bothe the same entity ,not a chance are they going to want the system to be fairer 

Very true.

At some point though other club's will wake up and hopefully see that cfc are monopolising the game. The way it is, cfc don't have to spend in the transfer windows as they are gifted the wins and the competition money keeps rolling in. I bet their shareholders are happy.

I get when some say it all even out, and it does with some decisions

But it's the double standard position where Rangers players get booked for raising their arms to fans while Scott Brown literally gets away with it every old firm game that pisses me off, in these situations it's always portrayed as the Rangers players being malicious while the taigs are just having a bit of banter, I can understand bad calls on fouls or offsides but complete double standards in refereeing is unacceptable and should be called out every time

45 minutes ago, Willis said:

I get when some say it all even out, and it does with some decisions

But it's the double standard position where Rangers players get booked for raising their arms to fans while Scott Brown literally gets away with it every old firm game that pisses me off, in these situations it's always portrayed as the Rangers players being malicious while the taigs are just having a bit of banter, I can understand bad calls on fouls or offsides but complete double standards in refereeing is unacceptable and should be called out every time

Can you imagine the ultimate level out for a recent scenario 

Sunday we go to the knew camp ,get pumped Shagger has a blinder ,they miss a penalty that should have been retaken and we score a goal with 3 players offside 

Would you think it would be seen as levelling out by the taigs ,or like me you reckon it will be a month long campaign of hate and hypocrisy ,

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Sunday we go to the knew camp ,get pumped Shagger has a blinder ,they miss a penalty that should have been retaken and we score a goal with 3 players offside 

Would you think it would be seen as levelling out by the taigs ,or like me you reckon it will be a month long campaign of hate and hypocrisy ,

I hope it happens and Lennon loses the plot. Makes for entertaing tv.

30 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

We don’t have that kind of luck, they are honestly the luckiest team in world football 

And probably about as corrupt as Juventus as well which definitely helps with these ‘honest mistakes’

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I hope it happens and Lennon loses the plot. Makes for entertaing tv.

I’d love it to happen too ,but given the way they react to things like that you would be sick of them after a few weeks ,last season after the 1 nil win the anti Morelos stuff was starting to annoy the fuck out of me 

On Monday morning .We will more hard done too ,than the cup final .That is my prediction  .Not trying to be clever here .I think Clancy will be much worse than Collum on Sunday .He has got the perfect cover ,in that he reffed an old firm where we won .I said he would get this game weeks ago on here and I'm saying ,all the big decisions won't go for us on Sunday .This one is just far too important to take chances .I know many think we just have to turn up and play .Having been to loads of these ,that just isn't how it works at their place .

Would love to be wrong on so many counts .My heart says we could do it .Yet my head just reminds me of all the stuff that's been happening last few years 

Us Winning on Sunday puts their run under major pressure .Most of you ,will know the next bit 

At the very very least .I hope we compete and make it so close .The decisions have to be obvious ones .Add to the list 

In 30 bheast games he has refereed .Only 1 loss for the scum .It's as if Kevin was destined to be a major ref in the next few seasons .Along with Collum 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Nothing would be lost so I think TLB would just box clever .Although you would be torturing yourself ever imagining that scenario .More chance of Elvis being found alive  

3 hours ago, magic8ball said:

a month’  thats optimistic, wasn’t John Hartson not just recently banging on about an offside goal Rangers were awarded from almost a decade ago lol...

On 09/12/2019 at 21:15, Bears r us said:

Yes, all we want is level playing field, because that is what it should be. :thumbup:

Come Monday morning .There will be many bears on here wishing for VAR .Hate it down in England but it’s something I just don’t think they could cheat up here 

Archived