***** The Official Rangers v Stranraer Match Thread *****

28 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We still have some amount of dross at the club. Halliday, Flanagan, Barker, Ojo and Jones. 

Your right mate and there is even more than that and we need to add more quality. those players you mention will never be good enough to play for the Rangers.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Yep after our last one signed that dumpling 😂 glad Allen’s away tbh, had Man City contacts, we get Nemane and Barker while that mob get Frimpong

We were all moaning that Hibs got Barker while we had Nemane though 

I don’t think we can judge people on tonight’s performance, I wouldn’t give pass marks to anybody after that, apart from wes, everybody else was wasteful with possession, it happens when the game is too easy, we would have got a better challenge tonight against our development squad, who also beat this Stranraer team 2-0 earlier in the season in the challenge cup

thats as boring a game I’ve watched us play for a while, fuck it but job done an we move on

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Jones needs the benefit of the doubt. Ojo and Barker are neck and neck to find the worst player of the season. Barker probably edging it at the moment 

Why does Jones need the benefit of the doubt? Cause he is a pure Rangers man? He is pure shite that's what he is. 

Ojo by far the worst as he has had the most opportunities and constantly let's us down. I don't necessarily rate Barker either. If I was Greg Stewart I'd be raging. 

Brilliant to see Patterson play ninety minutes and also Kennedy get a run out. Hopefully an easy home tie in next round and get them more game time.

Barisic and Kent no doubt back for next game and they’ll need to be firing as without Alfie and Tav they’ll be required to create our chances.

Def does highlight a lack of something different in the final third.  Tonights game not suited to Jones - think he has his use in europe and against celtic when games get stretched, difficult when its 10 men behind the ball. Barker has shown nothing. Kent is quality but can be predictable at times so we need a Plan B when he's off his game and Alfie is suspended. We know what St. Mirren will park the bus and make things compact, which doesn't suit Defoe. I'd love us to sign a target man who Defoe could ppay off.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Why does Jones need the benefit of the doubt? Cause he is a pure Rangers man? He is pure shite that's what he is. 

Ojo by far the worst as he has had the most opportunities and constantly let's us down. I don't necessarily rate Barker either. If I was Greg Stewart I'd be raging. 

Jones had done well at Killie and is adjusting too not being a proper winger now I am for giving him more time personally I think there's a player in him. 

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I don’t think we can judge people on tonight’s performance, I wouldn’t give pass marks to anybody after that, apart from wes, everybody else was wasteful with possession, it happens when the game is too easy, we would have got a better challenge tonight against our development squad, who also beat this Stranraer team 2-0 earlier in the season in the challenge cup

thats as boring a game I’ve watched us play for a while, fuck it but job done an we move on

I seem to remember the East Fife game being lacklustre as well. I think is was better than tonight, but still I'm not particularly worried

4 minutes ago, Barasa said:

TBF Jones is not one to wear down 10 man trenches. He's lethal on the breakaway, horses for courses.

But most teams sit in against us. He has just spent four months sitting in the stands watching teams sit deep week in week out. Surely he must look at his own game and adapt. Perhaps drop deep to pick up the ball to give himself space to use his pace and try to work a give and go with a midfielder. 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Because that was was his first game in months. 

It wasnt , 2 games in a row hes played against pure shite , embarrassed himself by diving against cunts that wash camels for a living and was shite tonight against guys that prob done atleast a half shift in work today 

Anyone but Barker, like literally ANYONE. Foderingham, even. 

Strange to think we even finished the game without a recognised striker. When was the last time that happened?? 

Still, as someone else said, great that we won with what is pretty much a second string team and looked very comfortable. Patterson looks like a find. 

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Fuck all to do with Jones being a Rangers man. You can’t write him off yet although he was pish tonight. Ojo and Barker are among some of the worst players I’ve seen at this club.

Stewart was injured as far as I know 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

And who's fault was that? Look at the quality of opposition ffs. He is brutal. If the rumours of bids coming in for him are true we should bite their hands off. 

I’m not even saying he’s good, it’s just obvious that’s what they meant. Don’t understand fans who seem to use a player’s support of the club against them either. 

Just now, Swagger said:

Fuck all to do with Jones being a Rangers man. You can’t write him off yet although he was pish tonight. Ojo and Barker are among some of the worst players I’ve seen at this club.

Stewart was injured as far as I know 

Why can you not? He has had more opportunities than Barker to impress and he hasn't looked anything special. You can't have it both ways. 

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Stewart is carrying an injury.

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

But most teams sit in against us. He has just spent four months sitting in the stands watching teams sit deep week in week out. Surely he must look at his own game and adapt. Perhaps drop deep to pick up the ball to give himself space to use his pace and try to work a give and go with a midfielder. 

That's fair if you don't look beyond the spl.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I’m not even saying he’s good, it’s just obvious that’s what they meant. Don’t understand fans who seem to use a player’s support of the club against them either. 

I'm not using his support of the club against him just find it funny some give players less stick as they are gers fans. If he wasnt a gers fan he wouldn't be getting such a light time of it from some of our fans. 

Archived