***** The Official Rangers v Stranraer Match Thread *****

4 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

If we don't bring in at least 1 player to move ahead of Jones, Barker and Ojo as an attacking option I'll be extremely dissapointed. I think that would be a huge mistake as its fairly evident that at least 2, if not all 3, aren't really at the level we need at the moment. 

I would slap the brakes on Murphy's move and bin Barker and Ojo, Jones still getting up to speed so I will cut him some slack.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We have been fortunate this year with injuries and suspensions. Long may that continue because we learned tonight our fringe player are very ordinary at best.

Think your being kind with ord😝inary 

13 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. That was fuckin torture. Anyway we won and are through to the next round

Just in as well, not great but these games can be like that sometimes. I never really felt we were going to lose a goal, but have no idea how we missed so many ourselves.

Into the next round and hope we lift our game for next Wed. :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Seen ojo in games where he could be through on goal then looks for a pass instead of going alone 😂 barker has had less game time but looks pish all the same 

I’d take Ojo over Barker from what I’ve seen. Both pish but Barker is beyond hopeless 

11 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

If we don't bring in at least 1 player to move ahead of Jones, Barker and Ojo as an attacking option I'll be extremely dissapointed. I think that would be a huge mistake as its fairly evident that at least 2, if not all 3, aren't really at the level we need at the moment. 

I do think that is fair comment, I have not written off Jones just yet, but the other two a as poor as can be. 

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We have been fortunate this year with injuries and suspensions. Long may that continue because we learned tonight our fringe players are very ordinary at best.

I definitely think we need to look at bringing a better option in this window. 

Ideally a RW inside forward that can contribute more. 

27 minutes ago, Amato said:

Who provides the possession stats? Both the BBC and Google claim we only had 41% possession. Looked closer to 75% to me.

My m8 sent me the stats which I laughed at, absolutely no way did they have 59% possession, the 1st half they went long to Stevenson which either went to the centre backs or Fod 

You do wonder what value Barker and Ojo can add this season. There's prob a good player in there with Ojo but he's not at the stage in his career (might never be) where he can make it at Rangers, he was never obv going to make it at Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, bluebell82 said:

You do wonder what value Barker and Ojo can add this season. There's prob a good player in there with Ojo but he's not at the stage in his career (might never be) where he can make it at Rangers, he was never obv going to make it at Liverpool. 

There’s no point in either of them. Barker is worse than Ojo and that’s saying something 

Archived