Tav out till february?

RFC55

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Time for some people to realise just how important a player Tavernier is for us.

Correct, but it could have been worse news, he'll be back in a couple of weeks. If we are serious about winning 55 we can't be dropping points to St Mirren at Ibrox because our RB isn't available.

More concerned about Morelos' absence but it's Defoe's time to step up and he is well capable.

Would be good for Kent to build on his goals/assist tally too.

47 minutes ago, doonald said:

SG will also have to decide who replaces Tav as captain. Any one of Jack, Goldson, Davis or  McGregor methinks.  Most likely Goldson

Goldson is vice captain so he’ll wear the armband until Tavernier comes back.

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Flanagan has more experience of our game than Polster. 

Yeah, but he offer's very, very little in terms of going forward, which is intrinsic to how we play.  Polster, at least, looks like he has the athleticism and interest to get involved in play further up the field.  And given the teams we're about to play against will be sitting deep, that's got to be more preferable.  Flanagan is pointless in such games.

Noticed the courageous guys at the rhetard managed to fuck it up. 

I'll quote it rather than post link.

James Tavernier in Rangers boost as Chinese whispers get injury issues all wrong.

The Ibrox captain was rumoured to have suffered a burst appendix but it looks like the defender should be back in action soon.

Rangers skipper James Tavernier is a doubt for Friday’s Scottish Cup clash with Stranraer due to a virus.

But the defender should be back in action in time for the crucial home league clash against St Mirren five days later.

Rumours were rife that the Tavernier’s appendix had burst and that the full back was facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

This had plunged Rangers fans into meltdown with worries their inspirational captain would miss a huge chunk of the second half of the season.

However, Record Sport Online understands those fears are unfounded and that the 28-year-old only has a small infection.

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Not the time for trying out youth for me when we’ve got a genuine title chance. Flanagan will come in n do a job then back to the bench 

So when is the right time if it is not a game against Stranraer?

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So when is the right time if it is not a game against Stranraer?

I’m not really interested in Stranraer a was more meaning st mirren, at the end of the year when the leagues won/lost would be when i tried out youngsters.

basically the same as nearly every team and manager in the world does. 

Patterson is said to be one of the most promising young players we have.  He was set to break in to the first-team squad as cover for Tavernier next season anyway.  If that boy is ready then give him a run now.  The next two games are against Stranraer and St.Mirren at Ibrox.  The first team experience could really help his development and he might put in a couple of great performances.

I honestly don't see Halliday or Flanagan here next season.  It seems like Polster isn't in the long-term plans either.  Give the youth a chance.  

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I’m not really interested in Stranraer a was more meaning st mirren, at the end of the year when the leagues won/lost would be when i tried out youngsters.

basically the same as nearly every team and manager in the world does. 

I agree with the rest of season. I just hope we see him tomorrow.

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

Yeah, but he offer's very, very little in terms of going forward, which is intrinsic to how we play.  Polster, at least, looks like he has the athleticism and interest to get involved in play further up the field.  And given the teams we're about to play against will be sitting deep, that's got to be more preferable.  Flanagan is pointless in such games.

Yeah but you said we needed experience and then picked Polster over Flanagan. 

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Yeah but you said we needed experience and then picked Polster over Flanagan. 

You’ve taken it out of context in terms of the posts that preceded mine. People were talking about starting Patterson for the next few games and while he may well start tomorrow, I’d fear for him at Tynecastle.  So my point being, out of the 3, Polster may well be the best option. 

It seems to me Patterson oozes confidence and is fearless. Tomorrow is hardly a risk. If he looks assured, then continue against St Mirren and so on until Tav is ready to go. Biscuit hips made his debut at 18, Hickey was what - 16? Why are we so reserved to try it?  We can still give game time to Flanagan at left back tomorrow.

Trent Alexander Arnold got into the Liverpool team because of injuries, hasn’t put a foot wrong since he got the jersey and 2 years later look at him now

If Patterson is the real deal he should be more than good enough to play the run of games we have coming up even at Tynecastle given how bad Hearts are and who knows might even show us that we’re in safe hands at right back if and when Tav moves on 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/01/2020 at 23:40, GA1972 said:

Trent Alexander Arnold got into the Liverpool team because of injuries, hasn’t put a foot wrong since he got the jersey and 2 years later look at him now

If Patterson is the real deal he should be more than good enough to play the run of games we have coming up even at Tynecastle given how bad Hearts are and who knows might even show us that we’re in safe hands at right back if and when Tav moves on 

The same TAA that was already introduced to the first team the season before and had made 12 appearances across all comps that season, the season where his first premier league appearance was as a sub then it was a month later that he got his first starting appearance 

Because if so then the comparisons between him and patterson are nothing alike

Archived