Defoe to be signed permanently

Marky.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How much is he on with us, and can you provide a credible source? That's all I'm asking for. You've said 35k. I think that's a made up figure.

No but I know what one of our players is on and it's obscene, so Defoe even taking  a quarter of his previous wages (20grand) for. A player his age is scandalous management

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/01/2020 at 17:04, Dado'sMulls said:

He's done imo

On 26/01/2020 at 17:06, simplythebestest said:

Not good enough

On 26/01/2020 at 17:06, Valance1690 said:

A complete and utter waste of wages. 

Aye he'll score some goals because he used to be quality and has a tiny bit of that left in him but at the end of the day hes a 37 year old who is done

The money on his wages shouldve been spent on 1 or even 2 young promising players who we could develop as backups to Morelos

On 26/01/2020 at 17:14, MacBoyd said:

Hes totally done. Those who cant see how far hes dropped in last 4/5 months are fucking retards

On 26/01/2020 at 17:30, Dado'sMulls said:

Agree with the setup bit but he's done for me, the legs have gone.

On 26/01/2020 at 18:55, bluenoz said:

I wasn't doing cartwheels when Jermaine signed permanently. I wanted him to stay and be part of the coaching staff because he is a great influence and person. But as a player, he's just about finished. It doesn't matter what he eats or how he trains, Father Time catches up to everyone and next year will really show that.

He just keeps on proving posters wrong another goal and assist today, our top goalscorer in the league.

Posters who say the problem when we play Defoe we expect him to be Morelos are right the players could not be more different but both styles work if we play the team to work to the strikers strengths. 

Our problem is not the strikers it is the lack of goals from everywhere else.

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

He just keeps on proving posters wrong another goal and assist today, our top goalscorer in the league.

Posters who say the problem when we play Defoe we expect him to be Morelos are right the players could not be more different but both styles work if we play the team to work to the strikers strengths. 

Aye tonight totally makes up for his display at tynecastle

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

True, but it's his overall game that I mainly criticized.

He's played the same way for years maybe a bit slower, he scores goals our problem is goals from the middle of the park.

Just now, Smile said:

He's played the same way for years maybe a bit slower, he scores goals our problem is goals from the middle of the park.

That was my exact complaint he seems noticeably slower than early in the season. Midfield is a massive problem. 

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Morelos biggest strength is creating and finishing chances he creates for himself. Defoe hasn't really done that so much but 100% did it tonight with his goal.

Goal and assist tonight. Sorted.

JD is the man.

All strikers need service and lately our midfield couldn't service a whore in a brothel.

Both his goal and his assist were a joy to behold. You can't beat quality.

Considering his lack of game time, now seveteen goals and the best record in the league if not Britain for goals v game time.

54 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

All strikers need service and lately our midfield couldn't service a whore in a brothel.

Both his goal and his assist were a joy to behold. You can't beat quality.

Considering his lack of game time, now seveteen goals and the best record in the league if not Britain for goals v game time.

The stick he received on Sunday was ott, Defoe is a back up striker who now as you say 17 goals for the season, the team were pish on Sunday but the abuse that Defoe received was poor

9 hours ago, Smile said:

Get what you're saying, he will score goals because against 3/4 teams in this league we'll create a shit load of chances & dominate possession

The problem is everything else, he offers absolutely nothing in terms of link up play, goes missing for large periods of the game & if he does miss the chances he gets then it's been a waste of time having him playing (Hearts on Sunday)

If he plays then it needs to be upfront with someone else, dont care if its Stewart or somebody new but starting Defoe in this 4-3-3 is like playing the match with 10 men, even last night he must have had less than 10 touches in the whole 1st half

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Morelos biggest strength is creating and finishing chances he creates for himself. Defoe hasn't really done that so much but 100% did it tonight with his goal.

Goal and assist tonight. Sorted.

JD is the man.

They both offer very different things our problem for me is not the strikers or the defence it's the midfield we do not score enough they have Christie and Forrest with 19 goals between them in the league.

I still want at least one striker and midfielders who can score or open a team up with a pass.

On 30/01/2020 at 06:05, Smile said:

They both offer very different things our problem for me is not the strikers or the defence it's the midfield we do not score enough they have Christie and Forrest with 19 goals between them in the league.

I still want at least one striker and midfielders who can score or open a team up with a pass.

Good start with Hagi mate. Can score and thread a pass. Now let’s get a striker in. 

Some of the negativity towards Defoe is puzzling. He’s been superb for us since he came in and a model professional for younger players. He was poor at Tynecastle but so were the entire team. I don’t think he can be a scapegoat.  His injury is bad timing certainly but he’s hardly been injury prone. His age is obviously an issue hence why his contract is for one year and if he does struggle with consistency after this it will come to an end in 11 months. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived