Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

But we’ve no idea what he’s like behind the scenes, he might be a complete arsehole. If management was as simple as calling a spade a spade we’d all be doing it.

Gerrard is a football legend my friend not an arsehole. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Trialist said:

If that is the case, then the players need to go. 
I don’t buy this Gerrard is shyte talk. Gerrard knows  exactly what is required to be successful player.  If the players cannot match his standards then get them to fcuk.

I’ve not seen one name for a successor from any of the Gerrard critics.   Getting rid of him now would hand jungles next season  as well as this.

But that is the point...he doesn’t know what it takes to win a title. Takes something different to win a league than it does to win a trophy - even if it’s the champions league.

Am always positive...and yes theres something not right and weve all been depressed since the Hearts result started this bad Run. A win is win though so onwards and hopefully things change for the better after today.

I don't think for a second he’s lost the dressing room but unfortunately since the break there has been a melting pot of problems which have all come together to put us where we are.

Our top scorer suspended and now off form. His back up injured. Barisic, arguably the best player in the first half of the season injured. Jack injured. Tavernier injured.  Helander still injured. Gerrard himself has made selection and formation errors, not helped by too many remaining players struggling with the pressure and off form. Add a relentless media campaign and the seeming Inability to buy a referee decision and it has been a shocking few weeks. 

Couple that with a celtic side that have more experience playing together, probably more depth and frankly more experience of winning. Essentially they can cope with the pressure better than us  

The only plus side really has been the addition of Hagi who looks like quality. I’d expect us to turn it around but the damage has probably been done. We have to keep plugging away. They will slip up at some point. 

I don't think football has or ever will change.

If you're getting results and silverware every small, tiny, minute thing will be glossed over. If you're losing and not successful it'll be the opposite.

A team that is not winning will always be low on confidence and be under huge pressure. Players who are under-performing, or who are not playing, will never have great relationships with the manager. It's as simple as that.

Most fans don't want Ojo or Barker near the squad. Done. Most fans wanted Docherty, Murphy, Grezda, Herrera, King gone. Done. Now we want Murphy and Docherty back (*for what it's worth I do actually like them both), Most people wanted Kent hooked. Done. Most people want earlier subs. Done.

Of course Gerrard and the players have made mistakes, and will probably make more but IMO I don't think he's lost the dressing room. We are just pretty low on confidence. I think a big performance on Thursday could be a turning point.

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Hit a bad patch of form and all is unwell is dressing room - utter bollocks.

It’s a bit more than a bad patch of form. We’ve been terrible for nine games, having been mostly brilliant for half a season previously.  Not unreasonable to question wtf is going on behind the scenes

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Dont think hes lost the dressing room but he appears to be losing more and more of the fanbase each week which is a problem 

He's approaching a point now where he will lose the majority of fans if things don't pick up and once that happens the writing is usually on the wall, even though I thought Kamberi done well when he came on but the absolute refusal to shift from a 433 is really starting to annoy me, you replace a winger with a striker you put him up front not as a winger.

10 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

It’s a bit more than a bad patch of form. We’ve been terrible for nine games, having been mostly brilliant for half a season previously.  Not unreasonable to question wtf is going on behind the scenes

Where we mostly brilliant but ? Granted December we were good but a lot of games were we have scraped by and it has been the same problems we are experiencing now, the difference is that we found a way in those games and now that we haven't been every little thing has been highlighted.

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

Before today it was just that we were sluggish and our tactics were wrong. It's annoying but it happens and can be fixed. Today is the first day watching I've thought that these players aren't up for it and aren't playing for him, bar the Rangers fans in the squad. We've seen this before and know what it looks like. It looks like Warburton, Pedro and Murty's teams.

I wasn't up for being at the game . Conditions were horrendous . Not a good day after the usual sheep collapse against them . 

However we win all our games . See where is takes us 

50 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard calls a spade a spade. He will call them out in private but not in the media. If they can't accept it and raise their game, they are not big enough for the jersey, Part of that problem is we don't have a captain doing that.

Gerrard has his share of blame in this too, most other teams have Gerrard totally sussed out

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

9 games since the break. 

Out of 810 minutes of football how many of those have we even remotely looked like the side we were in December? 

That result today does nothing but paper over the cracks that are glaringly obvious in that side, we could go on to beat Braga on Thursday and everything will be hunky dorey again until we struggle against St Johnstone then go on to exit the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle.

I would honestly accept the point that we do have players badly off form at the moment, had we not collapsed at this exact same stage last season, it's too coincidental. 

Sadly we have all seen this before. The replies on this thread are the exact same replies we seen under Mccoist, Murty and Pedro. I'm not saying Gerrard hasn't done good things since he's come in but it's obvious there is something very wrong going on with what we are seeing on the park and what his interviews tell us. 

You don't go two seasons crumbling at the same points and winning nothing at a club like Rangers without ramifications. We can't get rid of all the players so it's going to end one way. 

If course people will disregard it as they done before but history shows how this will end. 

It's shite but sadly the honeymoon period looks to be over and the players have not done anything to help their boss. 

Archived