Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I just think the players aren't playing for him anymore because the majority of them genuinely can't cope with the pressure. 

Not coping well with the pressure is definitely one of the problems we have, but you can't conflate that with losing the dressing room surely?

I'd love to know the full ins and outs of meetings at the club about signings, because it might reveal a few things if we know how far at the top or down a list the likes of Jones, Helander, Barker, Stewart, Ojo, Kamberi etc. were.

Gerrard's having to lead us with one arm behind his back imo.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're not playing for him anymore, irregardless of the result nobody can convince me otherwise that those players genuinely give a fuck. 

This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days. 

Something has clearly happened over the winter break because there's no valid reason for this monumental collapse. 

😂😂😂bollocks 

There shouldve been a feel good factor in the winter break, after the December we had they shouldve all had a spring in their step knowing that they could do it, but something has happened on that break, wether its being over worked or some sort of inhouse squabble I dunno but since then everythings went tits up, you dont become bad players overnight and you should be more used to a system youve been playing well in, who knows, might find out in someones autobiography in a few years.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're not playing for him anymore, irregardless of the result nobody can convince me otherwise that those players genuinely give a fuck. 

Attention seeking pish. What the fuck do you know?

43,000 posts of utter fucking tripe.

Have a day off from being a twat.

13 minutes ago, Coop said:

Then Maradona should be the best manager in the world.  Get away with that pish.  Great players don't always make great managers.  I agree we can;t afford to dump him but he needs to address some of his failings.

Maradona I was and still is a head case. You can not compare him with Gerrard. 
 Gerrard has his head screwed on and knows the dedication and mentality required.  I agree that great players don’t always make great managers but he has improved us in Europe, has improved us domestically, and I’ve still not seen any name of a better option. I’m assuming Guardiola will stay at Man City 😏

Seriously, do we have people in our fan base who's default setting is that the manager has lost the dressing room when things go a bit pear shaped? 

I'm not being otherwise here. It's a genuine question. Because I have a feeling that every other wobble or dip we have had during our history wasn't met with this soap opera style dissection. 

We have not played as well after the break as before it. We have not played as well after beating those mutant cunts as we did before we are not playing as well now as we were when we were playing European football ( every what 4 games?). 

The only place before this weekend I have seen this lost the dressing room pish has been retweets of "those cunts". Yet again we buy into a narrative that others choose. 

We have been pish this side of the new year. The refs have been utter utter useless cunts. Our players need a kick in the arse. Our manager could do wi having a rethink about some aspects. All correct, all factual. But ffs we got three points today. And regardless of how any of us think. That is ALL that matters on every league game from now til the end of the season

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Attention seeking pish. What the fuck do you know?

43,000 posts of utter fucking tripe.

Have a day off from being a twat.

Mr angry back again. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Another thread that is fucking reeking!

30 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hi there, can you care to respond to the allegation that if your daughter was dating a black man you'd disown her. 

Thanks in advance. 

It has certainly crossed my mind over the last few weeks if all is not right behind the scenes. 

Most would like to think that Stevie will be a great manager and take us to 55, but that might be us thinking/hoping the great player will indeed be a great manager, it might not be the case.

We will find out before too long what the answer is, IF it does not work out he will not be sacked, far too much money, he would have to walk away IMO.

I decided a few games back to take them one at the time, and at least we got the 3 points today.

It will be very interesting to see if the players turn up on Thursday and put on a better performance ??

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

Players who previously played well are coasting knowing they will be picked regardless, doesnt matter what the manager does if too many players don't give a fuck.

I think this is probably closer to it. Not even a conscious downing of tools, but knowledge deep down that most of them will never be dropped as we simply don’t have the strength in depth.

Said this at the game today. I think Gerrards mistake was publicly criticism of players. He should be deflecting and if he has points to make you so behind closed doors.

His treatment of Katic alone was awful when others players deserved it more.

I hope I’m wrong but think we are one bad result away from a change again, which may not be a bad thing as take the rest of the season to get ready for what lies ahead.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

What do you mean?

Gerrard calls a spade a spade. He will call them out in private but not in the media. If they can't accept it and raise their game, they are not big enough for the jersey, Part of that problem is we don't have a captain doing that.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Gerrard calls a spade a spade. He will call them out in private but not in the media. If they can't accept it and raise their game, they are not big enough for the jersey, Part of that problem is we don't have a captain doing that.

But we’ve no idea what he’s like behind the scenes, he might be a complete arsehole. If management was as simple as calling a spade a spade we’d all be doing it.

Archived