*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

6 minutes ago, Rusty117 said:

Blind as a fucking bat. Fans like you drive me fucking nuts. Do you feel more staunch just blindly standing bye a gaffer? A gaffer who has won fuck all..will prob finish 10 points at least behind them and seems incapable of change. But yeah lets all believe that next season all this will be resolved. He'll do the exact same shite next year but by then its too late as we watch the scum win 10. 

Oh another rinse and repeat fan.

Sack the manager bring in someone in our wage bracket. He turns the squad over and is thrown out the door two seasons later. 
we as a club must change that mentality it’s fucking bowfing 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even be bothered to get angry anymore. Half the posts I read I disagree with and I'm sure many feel that way about my posts. The bottom line is that at this moment in time none of us have a solution. Gerrard has caved to fan pressure to play Katic when he should have listened to his own instincts (and mine). The boy isn't very good at defending.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

We have been way better under Gerrard than before he came?  I don’t think that’s up for debate?  I understand what you’re saying about when he was first appointed but like you say we can’t go back in time so it’s really about what we do from here.  I don’t see any obvious replacements that make sense and I think we need to back our gaffer to continue improving us and give him next season.  If he doesn’t win the league next season then I think it’s time for a change.  

What manager in any league gets 3 season & a small fortune (for our league) to try and even get close to winning a title? We're further behind the taigs than we were last season & it could get even worse.

If it wasnt for his name, Gerrard would be out the door 1st thing tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

We have been way better under Gerrard than before he came?  I don’t think that’s up for debate?  I understand what you’re saying about when he was first appointed but like you say we can’t go back in time so it’s really about what we do from here.  I don’t see any obvious replacements that make sense and I think we need to back our gaffer to continue improving us and give him next season.  If he doesn’t win the league next season then I think it’s time for a change.  

See this better than he arrived crap...we were a fucking disgrace before. Any semi competant gaffer with the cash gerrard has had would improve on what was there. How long do we keep using they dreadful years as a barometer of our success 

Just now, Rusty117 said:

The solution is a new manager. I dont scour world football looking at managers so to expect a name is idiotic. People at the club get paid very well to do that job. If we did and he fails then he fails. Sticking with the guy who has proved he cant and will continue to fail isnt a solution 

Yeah but it’s also the people at the clubs job to decide whether to sack the manager so if you’re going to have an opinion on that (which is fair enough) then really you should have an opinion on what we do after the sacking.  Also, I don’t think he has proven he can’t.  When he came in I’m certain most on here were saying we need to be patient as there will be dips and the main goal was stopping 10.  So I think we need to stick with him for next season but also keep an eye out for suitable replacements if it doesn’t work out next year.

Also, I doubt we will scour world football given the Pedro debacle.  We will likely hire a British manager or European manager at best. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Oh another rinse and repeat fan.

Sack the manager bring in someone in our wage bracket. He turns the squad over and is thrown out the door two seasons later. 
we as a club must change that mentality it’s fucking bowfing 

We dont need a massive turn over of players like before. Maybe 3/4 out and in but that squad is more than capable of winning. Gerrard isnt.

2 minutes ago, Rusty117 said:

See this better than he arrived crap...we were a fucking disgrace before. Any semi competant gaffer with the cash gerrard has had would improve on what was there. How long do we keep using they dreadful years as a barometer of our success 

That’s fair.  It’s difficult to judge though as Pedro has cash and took us backwards from Warburton imo.

Was going to thank this bunch of imposters dressed in Rangers jerseys for fucking up yet another day,but sad reality is deep down I'm actually past caring,indeed I'm coming to expect it. All I will say to those defending Gerrard and wanting him retained,ask yourself if this was Warburton or Pedro or whoever would you be saying the same? Gerrard's record against utter shite like St Johnstone and their like is utterly atrocious. And that ain't gonna change. We need an experienced manager. It's Rangers Football Club FFS. Not to stop ten because I fear we have fucked that already. But to at least start to look like we are capable of winning something. Or are we to become forever second best to the filth, celebrating getting to the odd league or SC final?? I know later I'll probably disagree with some of my own views in expressing here,but emptiness does that. Enjoy what's left of the weekend boys and girls. 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

What manager in any league gets 3 season & a small fortune (for our league) to try and even get close to winning a title? We're further behind the taigs than we were last season & it could get even worse.

If it wasnt for his name, Gerrard would be out the door 1st thing tomorrow morning.

This is also down to the Taigs improving.  Our record is better than last seasons.  You could also argue no other team would expect a league title immediately against a team who have won 8 titles in a row and have a much larger budget.  

1 minute ago, DavieCooper74 said:

I had to goto my Nieces birthday in the Xscape centre and was raging I was missing this.

Im raging at the result having not seen it but have no doubt I've already seen this shite as its been served up constantly since the end of January.

Think Kilmarnock,Hearts etc mate. And you will have seen today's game. 

Just now, RDB14 said:

That’s fair.  It’s difficult to judge though as Pedro has cash and took us backwards from Warburton imo.

His cash lvls were miles off gerrards. Added to the fact he was a clown. Gerrard has hit his ceiling. If celtic had a manager getting these kinda results we'd be delighted if they kept him. 

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Apparently we learn by our mistakes. Well, by now Gerrard should be a fucking world class manager. Don’t think we can get shot of him as it would cost too much.  Don’t really know the answer right now. Some amount of frustration. 

Being a Rangers fan at the moment is not easy that is  for sure, and the worst part is after the win on the 29th Dec we all went into the break thinking 2020 could be our chance to win 55. No idea how we are where we are today.   

Archived