I give you James Tavernier folks... Captain

falkirkNS

11 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I did wonder what Stevie meant by that, needing protection ? The players ? Himself ? 

I read it earlier and thought it was just me who could not figure it out, so glad to see you highlighting it as well. 

Protection from our self serving fat bastard of a PR department.

Compare and contrast the hounding our players get in the media compared with theirs. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Compare and contrast the hounding our players get in the media compared with theirs. 

Good point.

Could some of the 'hounding of our players' be connected to stories originating from Traynor and any gripe journo's have with him? 

7 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

He deserves the flack he gets, and rightly so. It wasn’t too long ago when Tav was injured, at the end of jan, people were blaming our performance, or lack of, on his absence. He’s a good player, who does have a mistake in his locker, but needs a proper ‘leader’ on the pitch to help him, hence why the armband shouldn’t be anywhere near him.

The reason his absence cost us performance wise is because our one and only system is setup for the fullback to attack

If during tavs injury, gerrard had changed it and the fullbacks were asked to defend and support the midfield more, tavs absence would probably have been less noticeable 

Gerrard has a system where it requires 11 round pegs to go into 11 round holes, he probably only has about 15 of they round pegs, the rest are square, when he starts having to use the square pegs that's when it goes tits up

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

You might be right, I have no idea how that was allowed to be printed from the captain.

What I cannot understand is why our board are happy with our PR, it is ridiculous that Traynor is still being used, but then they maybe think he is doing a great job. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

You can’t defend what he said in the programme, or the editor for allowing it to print.

Why not - it’s what many on here have also said - it’s an honest assessment of the position - it doesn’t sugar coat it nor make excuses. He tells it like it is. And the first step on any change program is admitting and understanding what it is that needs changed. 
it seems folks on here would rather the platitudes of a wee ‘fight to the death’ rhetoric speech rather than allowing a truthful assessment of the situation. 
dammed if he does damned if he doesn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why not - it’s what many on here have also said - it’s an honest assessment of the position - it doesn’t sugar coat it nor make excuses. He tells it like it is. And the first step on any change program is admitting and understanding what it is that needs changed. 
it seems folks on here would rather the platitudes of a wee ‘fight to the death’ rhetoric speech rather than allowing a truthful assessment of the situation. 

No surprise you’re defending him over this. 

19 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Typical SNP shite attitude without looking at the bigger picture.

Captain Snowflake's article will now be seized on by our opponents and they will attack him left, right and centre, thus increasing the pressure.

Watch the County fans having a go at him tomorrow (if he plays) and others in the remaining games.

45 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If you can’t see why he shouldn’t be saying things like that as captain of Rangers then I’ll end any discussion with you there. 

Easy to attack the players of course in the light of our recent collapse.

They are what they are and Tav only the worst of them. At the end of the day, they don't pick themselves nor set themseves up.

We've seen the best of them in the first half of the season, but some individually and the whole, as a unit, they remain not good enough. Some have the attributes to go forward, but too many just have not.

The biggest disappointment is Gerrards failure to learn. His failure to adapt to changing cicumstances when we are sussed. His failure to apply consequences of failure. His failiure to apply a level playing field dealing with underperforming players. His failure to inspire and re energise a team who are failing. His failure to to implement competition for places and playing favourites. Now spending to much time deflecting from his own inadequacies and defending the undefendible, when he shouldn't even be going there.

The alarm bell sounded and he responded by not responding. Business as usual. If it was a fire, we'd all be dead.

We are now held hostage to an ego that shows little sign of abaiting.

Lol

what a funny wee thread this is.

Folks thinking changing the captain will suddenly turn us into a fantastic football team. 

I’ll say it again- players should not be looking towards someone on the park to motivate them. 

If they do they should fuck off from our club.   Simple 

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

All Rangers players should show no weakness.  If you can't see the difference between the fans making observations and players announcing that they're a bit lightweight then that's your problem.

All he had to do was say their form had dipped, not that they're fucking cowards if the opposition get in their faces.  That's just inviting the opposition to do exactly that.

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Lol

what a funny wee thread this is.

Folks thinking changing the captain will suddenly turn us into a fantastic football team. 

I’ll say it again- players should not be looking towards someone on the park to motivate them. 

If they do they should fuck off from our club.   Simple 

Jordan Henderson of Liverpool was out the last four games (before today), Liverpool lost 3 of those games. They scraped through today due to Milner starting as vice.

A good Captain can make a hell of a difference.

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Then if it is an honest assessment like you say, then the captain should start with himself by taking a long hard look in the mirror. Statements like that are never becoming of a Rangers captain. If he has no reaction to teams pressuring him then he should go and play Div 1 English football because frankly, that is his level and mentality.

I wouldn't have him near the starting team tomorrow let alone be captain. And for the record, for the most part, I back our players. but not on this occasion (or Kent's)

6 hours ago, bornabear said:

Watch the County fans having a go at him tomorrow (if he plays) and others in the remaining games.

Tavernier has had it worse from Rangers fans over the years than any other group of supporters. I doubt he gives a shit about Ross County fans FFS.

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier has had it worse from Rangers fans over the years than any other group of supporters. I doubt he gives a shit about Ross County fans FFS.

I seriously doubt he gives one fuck about you either, but such is life.

A Lambo needs juice.

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

He should’ve kept his mouth shut. This didn’t help him or the team as the fans have turned and had enough of him. He can fuck off with his assessments. He can also fuck off with the mistakes he makes on the field. He’s been at the club long enough to know that shit defending is not acceptable. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I seriously doubt he gives one fuck about you either, but such is life.

A Lambo needs juice.

I wouldn’t expect any player to care about my feelings.  Nor do I care how he, or any other player, spends their wages.

Tavernier is the best RB in the country.  Named in the SPFL team of the year last season and lead the league with 14 assists (20+ in all competitions).  He’s not been as good this season but still leads the team with 13 assists.  

Rangers have the two best full-backs in Scotland.  Yet, our fans would happily see them sold this summer.  

Can’t seriously be defending Tav after the shitebag comments and performance on Wednesday. 

Watching soccer Saturday and the fucking Swansea CB has had his shirt changed 3 times and his bandage changed 4 times because of blood pissing from his head. 

Type of heart we’re missing 

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He should’ve kept his mouth shut. This didn’t help him or the team as the fans have turned and had enough of him. He can fuck off with his assessments. He can also fuck off with the mistakes he makes on the field. He’s been at the club long enough to know that shit defending is not acceptable. 

He was criticised for not speaking up on another thread.  Now he’s being told to keep his mouth shut.  The guy can’t do right for doing wrong on here.

Also, his defending for the most part has been excellent since Gerrard came.  So has his contributions going forward.  All defenders make mistakes at times.  celtic paid millions for their CBs and they were a calamity against Copenhagen.  Tavernier cost us just a few hundred thousand and that’s been real value for money over the years.  We could easily sell him for 10x that.

Archived