Does SG get it?

ps95v7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Liverpool fans are plenty demanding. But for them winning a game of football is just winning a game of football - for us it's part of a larger cultural divide where we fucking despise them and everything they stand for and vice versa. There is nothing even remotely close to that in English football and I think we underestimate just how difficult it is for outsiders to properly grasp the unique dynamics of Scottish football and what Rangers (and the Orcs) represent. To be perfectly frank, I don't think it's possible for any manager not familiar with Scottish football to be able to get the club from a manager's perspective, so it's not surprising Gerrard struggles to do that. To manage Rangers you need to be aware you are fronting an institution that people both fanatically love and fucking despise, and part of your job involves a siege mentality and the view that success is 'at all costs' not just because winning football games is nice but because we cannot, under any circumstances, allow *them* to win.

It’s a fucking crusade mate.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Tiring the way folk pour over every last fucking syllable anyone involved with us says at times like this.

Tiring watching shite week in week out year after year then listening to the same bullshit after every bad result 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Tiring the way folk pour over every last fucking syllable anyone involved with us says at times like this.

Its the age in which we live in, these guys are meant to be media savy but cant help themselves spouting utter pish.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Tiring watching shite week in week out year after year then listening to the same bullshit after every bad result 

No shit.

Best not to listen to the bullshit. Press conferences and managers rarely have anything worthwhile to say and what they do is normally interpreted like night and day depending on the results. People hang on the public pish managers spout like it means much.

Just now, Inigo said:

No shit.

Best not to listen to the bullshit. Press conferences and managers rarely have anything worthwhile to say and what they do is normally interpreted like night and day depending on the results. People hang on the public pish managers spout like it means much.

Just as well that they have nothing to say cos tav and goldson are mighty quiet right now.

7 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Its the age in which we live in, these guys are meant to be media savy but cant help themselves spouting utter pish.

Just about all of them talk shite though. The nature of frequent press conferences means bullshit is inevitable. No idea why people attach so much importance to it all.

Not sure what we expect him to say really. 

He's given players a verbal kicking in post match interviews and it's obviously had a negative impact. He's got to talk them up.

I'm sure behind the scenes there a number of names on the squad list that have a red line through them for next season.

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

I think he gets it to some degree in a way someone like Mark Warburton never could, having been the captain of a massive club with a big fanbase and high expectations and someone who is clearly ambitious and eager to win. Do I think he properly grasps the  unique aspects of the job, like the goldfish nature of Scottish football, the unique culture war dynamics between the Old Firm, and the absolute must-win at all costs because it's Rangers against the world thing that any Rangers fan in the job would? No. 

There's a reason our most successful managers are Scottish Rangers fans.

Surely Souness woulda made him well aware of the expectations 

Regardless of what happens he made a bold move to come away from his comfort zone where he was probs guaranteed assistant manager at some point, And take on this huge challenge.

I will always respect him for having the baws to step up n give it a go!!

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You're not supposed to say that mate. Just put your fingers in yours,scream la la la and everything will be fine...because Gerrard.

7 hours ago, GA1972 said:

He gets trying to save face for himself 

He definitely doesn’t get this club, you can tell by how he looks watching from the sidelines and post game when we are absolute shite 

He cannot see past his ego. Believes his own hype.

8 hours ago, ps95v7 said:

image.thumb.png.4746614105b3c40c7bc27ec22eefac37.png

I believe he does 'Get It'. As a manager he needs to protect the players when their morale is low and boot them in the arse if they take the pish.  I think he realises that their aren't enough mature players in the team, who would have guided the younger players in adapting to the mental pressures of playing for Rangers.

He's spot on regards the protection for Rangers players whether it's from the board,our PR team, Fans or refs. I think he and the team are realising now, what it's like to be in the Scottish media fishbowl when their down on their luck. Everything they say is twisted and fans disappointment is escalated by the press.

The last sentence in that wee quote proves he doesn't.  He's been here for 2 years and Tavernier has been here for 5. If they still need people to "look out for them at times and help them" to know that comments like that are unacceptable after that amount of time then I don't think they'll ever get it either.

47 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The last sentence in that wee quote proves he doesn't.  He's been here for 2 years and Tavernier has been here for 5. If they still need people to "look out for them at times and help them" to know that comments like that are unacceptable after that amount of time then I don't think they'll ever get it either.

Maybe but he's never had the pressure of the team qualifying in Europe and playing the SPFL competition, the pressure may have got to him.  His words of choice could have been a reflection of how he was feeling. He may be feeling depressed or out of his depth at the moment, being a captain of Rangers isn't an easy task.

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Maybe but he's never had the pressure of the team qualifying in Europe and playing the SPFL competition, the pressure may have got to him.  His words of choice could have been a reflection of how he was feeling. He may be feeling depressed or out of his depth at the moment, being a captain of Rangers isn't an easy task.

He's had 4 seasons of top flight football with us, 3 involving European competition. If he doesn't understand that those are the basic expectations at this club then he never will.

Fuck me who would want to manage us with a support like ours...some of our support are embarrassing with the constant witch hunt against our manager....it really has become a case of unless you are winning every thing insight you are a useless cunt....it doesn't work that way at a club like Rangers....the clue is in the word SUPPORT.....which too many of our glory hunting fan base refuse to give when the chips are down....yes everyone wants to win games and trophies but threads like this to further attack the managers mind set about what Rangers are about are pathetic. 

18 hours ago, Inigo said:

Just about all of them talk shite though. The nature of frequent press conferences means bullshit is inevitable. No idea why people attach so much importance to it all.

I'm at between 4 and 8 pressers every week and they are a mere formality where there is rarely anything THAT important said,

19 hours ago, Inigo said:

When things are going well, the wee soundbites are wonderful. When we're utterly shite, the words are used as weapons to attack whoever spouts them.  Truth is the content doesn't really change in either presser situation, how it is manipulated positively or negatively dependent on things like current form / success does.

Archived