Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

Partick Thistle want an Independent Inquiry of the SPFL.

BREAKING | Partick Thistle to vote YES to Rangers resolution.

In a statement released this morning Gerry Britton the Chief Executive of Partick Thistle said:

“At a critically important time for Scottish football, the Club wants to share with you its voting intention ahead of the SPFL EGM tomorrow and briefly explain the reasoning behind our decision.”

“The vote for an independent investigation isn’t a case of picking sides. Nor is it a failure to admit that an investigation is needed. It is a way for Scottish football to find a way out of the situation it has found itself in since 8th April. Unless something is done urgently to deal with the obvious breakdown in trust between parties, football in this country may never fully recover.”

“That’s why we will vote “yes” to an independent investigation. To do nothing risks leaving our game fatally wounded.”

“For the avoidance of doubt, this decision was taken last week before events unfolded around reconstruction.”

The SPFL EGM will take place tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Glad to hear this. Knew Cormack has been in contact with our board since day dot but didn't know if he would agree to the investigation.

It just makes sense to vote for it if you are in any way open minded or concerned about how things have been handled.  We know those clubs on the board will be a no, some because they will be implicated (you can include Dundee in this bracket) and others because they just don’t care, but hopefully others will follow.

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Tbf he did say this at the time and i'm sure mentioned Hibs as well.

I never thought I would say this, but I hope Hibs get on board.  I get the impression that Leanne Dempster does the best she can for her club, and that she knows what is right and wrong.

2 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

I hope they publish the results of the votes so we can see who said No. I mean, the SPFL have no issues releasing vote results

I don’t think you’ll need to worry about that.

I suspect those who vote in favour will be pretty vocal about it.

8 minutes ago, Canabear said:

BREAKING | Partick Thistle to vote YES to Rangers resolution.

In a statement released this morning Gerry Britton the Chief Executive of Partick Thistle said:

“At a critically important time for Scottish football, the Club wants to share with you its voting intention ahead of the SPFL EGM tomorrow and briefly explain the reasoning behind our decision.”

“The vote for an independent investigation isn’t a case of picking sides. Nor is it a failure to admit that an investigation is needed. It is a way for Scottish football to find a way out of the situation it has found itself in since 8th April. Unless something is done urgently to deal with the obvious breakdown in trust between parties, football in this country may never fully recover.”

“That’s why we will vote “yes” to an independent investigation. To do nothing risks leaving our game fatally wounded.”

“For the avoidance of doubt, this decision was taken last week before events unfolded around reconstruction.”

The SPFL EGM will take place tomorrow.

Wordwise, that's the best one yet.

5 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

I hope they publish the results of the votes so we can see who said No. I mean, the SPFL have no issues releasing vote results

I'm sure the result is being released tonight

“There is a distressing lack of confidence and trust between the SPFL leadership and many of the clubs, and it is hard to see a resolution, far less a reconciliation, without some form of impartial and objective assessment of the many claims and counter-claims.

“Some of those involved will be prepared to make information known in confidence through an independent inquiry, which they would not otherwise be willing to disclose."

giphy.gif

The Aberdeen statement highlights the narrow minded nievity of those clubs who publicly claimed they would voted by proxy

Its unlikely but we could possibly see all the other clubs vote for an enquiry wether their viewpoint was regime change or a way of the SPFL clearing its name yet the resolution failing because 4 SPFL clubs voted against yet 38 other clubs for it 

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

but I will retain my dignity and continue to be more concerned about the long term future of Scottish football

Your dignity died the day you climbed into the dog kennel with fenians.

"how's that for robust conversation ya fuckin clown"?...

Archived