Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

21 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I still think we’re a soft touch mate compared to the presence Walter had in the game 

Possibly, an alternative to Morelos woukdnt have gone a miss for when he's suspended/off form. As much as I like Defoe having him up front himself against, say, Hearts away is a horrible tactic.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

or maybe gerrard has taken our team up a level in his tenure here. look at our euro runs. we broke records doing what we have done. The players chucked it for whatever reason because they probably do not like being told by a legendary footballer and serial winner that they are shitebag imposters in a Rangers top.

the team was flying. anyone want to argue this im all ears.

people are just saying whatever shite comes to mind to criticise the team. anything at all when we are not winning. be critical but some of it since the scum got the title has been embrassing.

The first part you're correct. I've said he's improved us and took us up a level or two.

The second part, part of being a successful manager is man-management.

You can't throw players under the bus, sometimes publically like he done (even though I agreed with his comments he's made several times about them) 

It's a balancing act on that front.

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Possibly, an alternative to Morelos woukdnt have gone a miss for when he's suspended/off form. As much as I like Defoe having him up front himself against, say, Hearts away is a horrible tactic.

Agree 👍🏻👌🏻

16 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Defoe can't be here next season. 

I agree with your sentiment but he is going to be. He signed a new contract, we won’t ditch him now and no-one will want to buy him.

Gerrard will not stop their ten, and I guarantee whoever comes in will utterly fuck up our good European form and fail to qualify for our first CL campaign in 10 odd years.

That is obviously taking the negative viewpoint and I think there is a good chance it’ll play out that way, but this whole behind closed doors early this coming season might actually benefit us. We’ll see I guess. What is clear is this team are not mentally strong enough, and are still short of strength in depth.

17 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I must admit I don't get his thinking that day.

Don't get me wrong we had the majority of the play that day but as someone else said, we refused to deploy any width and dropping Morelos for Defoe to play upfront himself (who is easily snuffed out) was a real puzzler. 

It's not even a rookie mistake, me or you could be in the dug out for the very first time in our life's and not make those decisions.

celtic were happy for us to have the ball, tire us out and hit us when it mattered. A smash and grab and nowhere near good enough.

Played Defoe coz he dummied for arfields goal and generally had a decent game the previous old firm , turned out to be a mistake though 

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I agree with your sentiment but he is going to be. He signed a new contract, we won’t ditch him now and no-one will want to buy him.

Gerrard will not stop their ten, and I guarantee whoever comes in will utterly fuck up our good European form and fail to qualify for our first CL campaign in 10 odd years.

That is obviously taking the negative viewpoint and I think there is a good chance it’ll play out that way, but this whole behind closed doors early this coming season might actually benefit us. We’ll see I guess. What is clear is this team are not mentally strong enough, and are still short of strength in depth.

Behind closed doors may have an effect on form for all teams. We could play well under no pressure away. Ibrox is a hard place to play when things are going wrong.... fuck sake Tav after 2 minutes sometimes 😄 so we might do ok. 

I have a bad feeling we won't do it next season but i really hope I'm wrong. I'd love nothing more than Gerrard and his team to bring us the league. They have improved us alot and brought standards back to the club. We also have a scouting system, great youth development plan and Director of Football all in place. We just need to win trophies! I'd hate to see further change.

I really don't know who we would bring in if things went bad. Anyone else coming in is a gamble. I'd rather stick with a team who are learning and motivated to achieve. Gerrard and team now know Scottish football. No excuses.

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

A timely reminder not to get excited about any player we’re linked with this summer on the strength of a compilation video alone. 

Looks half decent in that. Hopefully we stay away from young loanees. Experience definitely needed. 

Was an ok player. 

Had significant ability, unfortunately Rangers is not a place to develop your game in the early stages of your career unless you have a very strong mentality.

So many of these EPL players just don’t have it, which is quite surprising. 

1 hour ago, aird said:

Wonder what promising Liverpool prospect we'll get next year 😑 

Ejaria was a damn good player mate and had a good season at Reading. He isn't the first and won't be the last not to be able to handle the pressures of Glasgow. Although Kent has yet to live up to his potential he is still a very good player. So the way I see it, "2 out of 3 ain't bad." 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Was an ok player. 

Had significant ability, unfortunately Rangers is not a place to develop your game in the early stages of your career unless you have a very strong mentality.

So many of these EPL players just don’t have it, which is quite surprising. 

He was fucking murder. Started off ok then got progressively worse

1 hour ago, northern bear said:

He was fucking murder. Started off ok then got progressively worse

Comparatively speaking, would take him ahead of Jones, Barker, Stewart, Hastie, Middleton. 

Rangers need better than ‘ok’. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Ejaria was a damn good player mate and had a good season at Reading. He isn't the first and won't be the last not to be able to handle the pressures of Glasgow. Although Kent has yet to live up to his potential he is still a very good player. So the way I see it, "2 out of 3 ain't bad." 

Without Ejarias goal away at Ufa, we wouldn't have made the group stages with 9 men.

Archived