Welcome Calvin Bassey

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Not the most inspiring transfer. Never heard of him, nothing about him online. Had a look at the Leicester forum who have saw the news and they seemed to not really know much about him either. Seems to be just some guy in the youth team who hasn't been near the first team. 

Seems to be more commonly known as Calvin Ughelumba normally. 

Just one of these ones you'll have to hope that Ross Wilson has pulled off a masterstroke but I'm not expecting him to come here and light the league up

West Ham and Leverkusen wanted him and they would of had to pay £3.5m for him, obviously highly rated and we got him for £230grand.

We’ve never heard of him but that’s the whole point in having a scouting network to try pick up players like this.

we ain’t going to be spending £2/3m on a back up for borna.

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No “back ups” no “cover”.  What we need is better than what we have. That way we create a competition for places. 

If this boy is any good at 20 he’d be a first team semi regular player at LCFC.   But he’s not even broken into the first team 

So you wanted us to go spend a chunk of our summer budget on replacing borna???

I just watched 45 minutes of a match against Blackburn Rovers U23s and he was really poor...

Got beaten quite easily twice when he could have made a tackle, he took two crosses which didn't beat the first man or lift off the ground and looked generally pretty clumsy/stumble-y. 

Meh.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Trolling, or do you genuinely think we should get rid of "borna" 

I suspect the former. Strongly. 

Feel free to give reasons....... or not......

I do mate , 3 months out of 2 seasons isn’t enough , he’s just not suited to the physicality of the spl , this young lad will play plenty coz Barisic has a good few games out 

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I just watched 45 minutes of a match against Blackburn Rovers U23s and he was really poor...

Got beaten quite easily twice when he could have made a tackle, he took two crosses which didn't beat the first man or lift off the ground and looked generally pretty clumsy/stumble-y. 

Meh.

Hopefully our scouts watched more than 45 mins before making a decision on him then eh?

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Being really pedantic here but is it too much to ask for Castore to whip something up with a Rangers crest on it for our new signings to wear rather than just one of their t-shirts?

Good point. However I think our contract with Hummel doesn't officially end until June 30th. So Rangers cant have them wearing something Club related with another brand. Castore general merchandise will be a workaround.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Hopefully our scouts watched more than 45 mins before making a decision on him then eh?

Because our scouts have never signed a dud before eh?

I'm not saying he'll be shit, I'm saying I picked a random match that was available in full and he did not play well. I also skipped through a 2nd full match where he didn't look great either, and another highlights video where he didn't feature in it. 

I'm just saying I would have rather have watched a match where he looked good rather than one where he looked worse than Halliday, because he did 

7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Gerrards comments suggest he has signed him because of Scottish football. Someone who is strong, fast and won't take any nonsense.

A guy who's never played a first team game, getting thrown into the deep end at Scottish football.

What can possibly go wrong.

I apologise to people reading this comment and thinking "wtf shut up and give the boy a chance" ... I'll not disagree with any of you there, but these are the same sort of mistakes Gerrard has been making from day (with the help of our DOF's) if he plays a few times and actually isn't upto much.

Of course the boy could be an absolute gem and I'm eating humble pie - which would be shit-hot.

Or to flip the argument a little - Andy Halliday was filling in last season at left-back when Barisic was out (If I remember correctly?) still get nightmares of him sleeping at the back post for either Kilmarnock's late leveller or winner. So could this kid be any worse than him when called upon?

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Because our scouts have never signed a dud before eh?

I'm not saying he'll be shit, I'm saying I picked a random match that was available in full and he did not play well. I also skipped through a 2nd full match where he didn't look great either, and another highlights video where he didn't feature in it. 

I'm just saying I would have rather have watched a match where he looked good rather than one where he looked worse than Halliday, because he did 

Well I think I've read enough :lol:

6 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Good point. However I think our contract with Hummel doesn't officially end until June 30th. So Rangers cant have them wearing something Club related with another brand. Castore general merchandise will be a workaround.

Fair point. I'm not really clued up on all that stuff so cheers.

Archived