New Ready Crest and brand evolution

Bydo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logos & crests evolve all the time, not only across football.

Look at Juventus, Barcelona & Bayern

The latter, in particular 1938-45, kind of needed to.

Its not uncommon & the alteration to ours isn't particularly radical.

The fact it's not the only change in our branding, colour schemes, fonts (designed exclusively for RFC use), motifs etc along with the launch of our newly designed website which includes all the new branding.

A fresh design to portray a fresh approach from the club, a message to all our stakeholders, current & future, that the club has changed its approach.

20200708_162657.jpg

20200708_162700.jpg

20200708_162711.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

The fact it's not the only change in our branding, colour schemes, fonts (designed exclusively for RFC use), motifs etc along with the launch of our newly designed website which includes all the new branding.

A fresh design to portray a fresh approach from the club, a message to all our stakeholders, current & future, that the club has changed its approach.

20200708_162657.jpg

20200708_162700.jpg

20200708_162711.jpg

I notice the swastika design didn't last long 😂😂

It looks like a prototype of the current one  i.e. a more garish, and amateurish version.  No doubt some designers were paid a fortune as well. If it's not broken don't fix it is my motto for this kind of thing. 

23 minutes ago, Sket said:

Dumbed down is the best way to describe it.

I think sharpened is a better term.

The Lion Rampant in our previoys ceest was a bit of a blob, it's now been cleaned & polished IMO.

However, its been decided thats what we're doing & as most folk say, to us fans its really about what happens on the pitch, this is background noise (to us).

I do like that we are fine tuning things & sort of future proofing us for the years to come.

50 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What happened in 1945 I wonder? 😂

Fucking despise Bayern as a club btw.

Strong Jewish history too so I’d take that crest as a massive ‘fuck you’ from the Nazis

As well as, you know, the other stuff :lol:  

1 hour ago, Ace said:

20200708_162657.jpg

20200708_162700.jpg

20200708_162711.jpg

The JJ Juventus one will always be terrible. A crest for the suits, not the football fans.

It’s done now and if I’m honest there is nothing about the update to offend, in fact when you log in to the new modernised Rangers website it looks good imo. We have far more important matters this coming season that to worry about minor changes a a club crest. I personally won’t be loosing any sleep over this...

We are officially registered as "The Rangers Football Club"

This is what should be on our badge.

Quite poor that the marketing men have missed this important point.

Who do you support? The Rangers.

Where are you going? To see The Rangers 

I never just say Rangers

New crest is bad enough without seeing all of the cringeworthy shite the club is bombarding us with on social media. Pictures of the crest and players photoshopped on "landmarks" all over the city, "people make Rangers" photoshopped on to the old college building and then there's this shit...

See instead of worrying about a crest maybe get a wee bit of maintenance done in the stadium because that looks fucking rank.

34 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are officially registered as "The Rangers Football Club"

This is what should be on our badge.

Quite poor that the marketing men have missed this important point.

Who do you support? The Rangers.

Where are you going? To see The Rangers 

I never just say Rangers

This

Archived