Ryan Jack

graeme_4

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Thats what I meant , its maybe the role Gerrard wants him to play.......

Could legitimately be a fitness issue, maybe he just doesn’t have the tick in his knee to play that more of a box to box role which we have seen his best form in (Nov/Dec 2017 and Aug to Dec last year).

Most of the performances he gets slagged for he’s almost an old fashioned right-half where he spends a lot of the time covering Tav alongside either Davis or Kamara being equally slow and ponderous.

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Big season for him coming up, if he can't turn the screw he needs to be shown the door. 

4th campaign with us and only looked like a quality player for about 5 or 6 weeks since 2017,piss poor. 

:hmmm:You must be the biggest hypocrite poster on here bar none bud

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wonder if its anything to do with the style of play hes being asked to do by the manager ?

Probably.

Our whole midfield, to a man, for the last 'x' amount of years hasn't put together a whole season of consistency.

Aribos the new golden child.

Hagi will be magic in the middle.

Kamara looks like the 10m pound man.

We've had all these opinions in the last 2yrs.

Nobody has done it for the whole season. 

I like what Jack brings when he's on song. Like I've said, consistency is the main issue. 

Gerrard obviously rates him but doesn't know his best role.

14 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I rate the full team except Tavernier Kamara  jack and probably goldson.

The way cunts on here talk about jack though you’d think he was Xavi.

Ayebdefo think he's xavi 

Just now, billythebear1986 said:

Pish! He’s very capable. Our most consistent midfielder an if Gerrard rates him so highly I think I will take 1 of worlds best players ever.

Ally McCoist was our best ever striker (and one of Europe's best ever strikers) and he signed Kevin Kyle, Dean Shiels, Jon Daly, Fran Sandaza, Nicky Clark and an over-weight past it Kris Boyd as Rangers strikers thinking they could do the job (albeit outside the top tier) 

So that logic doesn't always equate tbh.

Some ludicrous comments on here. Jack isn’t there to be creative that’s not his game. He’s a DM and does that job very well for us in my opinion. Yes we don’t need him, Davis and Kamara in the same team most weeks but he gets my vote to play as the sitting midfielder most weeks. I think Gerrard has recognised that too hence why Aribo has played every game so far in a more advanced position.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I like Jack, he's a decent enough player but he's nowhere near as good as some of our support seem to think he is so it comes as no surprise when we get threads like this popping up after he's come up against genuine quality and shown to be dreadfully out of his depth.

As others have pointed out he hardly ever shows anything domestically either. 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Ally McCoist was our best ever striker (and one of Europe's best ever strikers) and he signed Kevin Kyle, Dean Shiels, Jon Daly, Fran Sandaza, Nicky Clark and an over-weight past it Kris Boyd as Rangers strikers thinking they could do the job (albeit outside the top tier) 

So that logic doesn't always equate tbh.

We were in the third division mate.

Jack getting slated when up against Palacios, Aranguiz (Chilean 78 caps) and Havertz (one of  the most coveted players in the world).

And playing with a midfield partner in Davis who offers nothing. 

A little perspective and slack would be nice.

37 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Slow in thought.

Slow in pace.

Dreadfully negative.

He won’t do going forward I’m afraid.

Hard to argue with that assessment because it looked like we played as though we were beat but i'll say that today he wasn't alone in that description.

It still is , to an extent , preseason but on the performance of some today there's a lot of work to be done and imo we are crying out for a midfield player or two who can dominate a game for 90 minutes.

Oh and if that was Morelos last game then i won't complain. He was awful today.

Our midfield is a weak point and it does need better options.  

Jack is best suited as a CDM imo. 

Need another creative type that can carry the ball forward and pick a pass.

Him and Kamara are too similar and we don't need 2 of them playing 90% of the time in the league. 

36 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Saw this coming....

Jack vs 30m footballers.....

Jack vs 250k players in the SPL is a bit different.

Reality check required!

It’s not though.

None of Jack, Kamara or Davis contribute much going forward and have less and less dig in midfield. 

CM is the weakest area of both our 11 and our squad. Hope there’s money left to spend there. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was average, and he's been average since the turn of the year, but I think the criticism here is over the top.

Best midfielder in Scotland by a mile in the first half of last season. He needs to step it up now though.

That's generous to say the least. 

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Jack getting slated when up against Palacios, Aranguiz (Chilean 78 caps) and Havertz (one of  the most coveted players in the world).

And playing with a midfield partner in Davis who offers nothing. 

A little perspective and slack would be nice.

Realise he was just as anonymous at the weekend, and has been this way dating back to before Christmas?

Nothing to do with tonight, although was really shown up. 

Archived