Barry Ferguson - all talk in here

Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle manager, is considering an additional move to take Barry Ferguson too, but any attempt to sign their captain will be rejected by Rangers.

Rangers are resigned to losing Bougherra but, while Ferguson has only 18 months left on his contract, Ibrox officials they will not countenance the sale of the 30-year-old midfielder, especially after the 1-0 Old Firm derby defeat at Ibrox which has left Walter Smith's side seven points adrift of Celtic in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...er_Bougherr.php

Just Get him to FUCK!!!... any bid should be accepted, not rejected as above suggests <cr>

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Kinnear, the Newcastle manager, is considering an additional move to take Barry Ferguson too, but any attempt to sign their captain will be rejected by Rangers.

Rangers are resigned to losing Bougherra but, while Ferguson has only 18 months left on his contract, Ibrox officials they will not countenance the sale of the 30-year-old midfielder, especially after the 1-0 Old Firm derby defeat at Ibrox which has left Walter Smith's side seven points adrift of Celtic in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...er_Bougherr.php

Just Get him to FUCK!!!... any bid should be accepted, not rejected as above suggests <cr>

id take 2 million for him

I thought this was A joke when i first read this. why woould anyone want to buy Barry Ferguson.

And why are newcastle linked with our players Ferguson/Bougherra

there must be a better team that wants Bougherra surely

if Bougherra leaves Us for Newcastle

he will do nothing newcastle will do nothing

and will win zilcho.

but what he will do is get more money thats it.

And he will get worser as a player.

until about 18 months / 2 years ago i would NOT have sold Barry for all the tea in china. Worldclass then imo (top 10 in his position - easy)

i have to say his form / apparent atitude since then has been way off the mark and i find it impossible to stand up for him any longer.

until about 18 months / 2 years ago i would NOT have sold Barry for all the tea in china. Worldclass then imo (top 10 in his position - easy)

i have to say his form / apparent atitude since then has been way off the mark and i find it impossible to stand up for him any longer.

I would say this is probably the closest to my views on Fergie at the moment (tu)

If we're being offered Premiership money for Ferguson,we should be grabbing it. I only hope that "any attempt to sign their captain will be rejected by Rangers" means what it normally means, i.e. the money will be taken faster than you can say "transfer fee!"

Ferguson will not be moving he,s here till he retires, at 30 its not old for a footballer now adays if they look after themselves, I think he has been very poor since he came back into the team but that wasnt his fault SMITH, should never have brought him straight back into the 1st team,he was,nt still isnt ready,a spell in the reserves was what he needed.SMITH bringing him back too early has been detrimental to both the player and the team and its debatable if he will find a good level of performance now, SMITH has,nt a clue WHY bring the boy Edu for 2.5 million and not play him,he should,ve been the replacement for Thommo and Barry should,ve finished his comeback in the 2nd team,there was no need to rush Fergie back but unfortunatlely we,ve a manager who,s to scared to take a chance with younger players and goes for the old guard all the time, which will be the sword he falls on.

Ferguson will not be moving he,s here till he retires, at 30 its not old for a footballer now adays if they look after themselves, I think he has been very poor since he came back into the team but that wasnt his fault SMITH, should never have brought him straight back into the 1st team,he was,nt still isnt ready,a spell in the reserves was what he needed.SMITH bringing him back too early has been detrimental to both the player and the team and its debatable if he will find a good level of performance now, SMITH has,nt a clue WHY bring the boy Edu for 2.5 million and not play him,he should,ve been the replacement for Thommo and Barry should,ve finished his comeback in the 2nd team,there was no need to rush Fergie back but unfortunatlely we,ve a manager who,s to scared to take a chance with younger players and goes for the old guard all the time, which will be the sword he falls on.

I suspect Barry came back into the first team full-time earlier than planned because of the injury to Thomson. I don't see Barry being sold, for reasons already mentioned. On a general point, just about every player has his price but a team needs some stability. We should be very careful about selling our first picks.

I suspect Barry came back into the first team full-time earlier than planned because of the injury to Thomson. I don't see Barry being sold, for reasons already mentioned. On a general point, just about every player has his price but a team needs some stability. We should be very careful about selling our first picks.

I don't think we should be careful about selling some of our first picks.

Everybody is talking about shifting our dead weight, but some of the under perfoming first team players should be on that list too.

Despite playing week in week out guys like McCulloch and Whittaker are contributing as much as guys like Dailly and Adam are.

I would say this is probably the closest to my views on Fergie at the moment (tu)

Sadly I agree to this. Baz was the man. We all realize he was injured and he fought back very hard to get back into it. That's all well and good, we truly appreciate it Barry. He simply needs to find his form, and soon. He's been better the last few so I keep my fingers crossed.

I don't think we should be careful about selling some of our first picks.

Everybody is talking about shifting our dead weight, but some of the under perfoming first team players should be on that list too.

Despite playing week in week out guys like McCulloch and Whittaker are contributing as much as guys like Dailly and Adam are.

Not sure those two play week in week out, though Whittaker has had a run recently. I wouldn't count them as first picks. I suspect both have been more out of the team than in it in their time here. Anyway the point about stability remains. You have to be careful about how many changes you make, especially mid-season perhaps.

I'd sell him.

He's a shadow of the player he was, on around £30k per week and it looks like he's not needed anymore. Thanks for your contribution Barry but it's time he was moved on.