** Bougherra appeal thread **

Boab

He had every right to go for the ball and there was definitely no malice on Boughie's part, he was sliding and couldn't pull out and if he tried to put his foot down so studs didn't show then he might have broken his own ankle. There was no anger from the goalie, or any of the Aberdeen players so they all knew it was a fair challenge and just an accident.

(tu)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it doesnt get rescinded then I will be shocked.

I will be shocked if it is rescinded. I think it should be rescinded but the linesman has made up his mind imo and will not budge.

The appeal is independent of the official's opinion, the linesman has had his say now it's up to a committee to judge.

(tu) never a fucking red card - don't expect it to be rescinded either, the linesman is a shite-bag!

Seen worse incidents in the last two weeks - Glenn Loovens, Lee Miller, Scott McDonald, Rob Jones, and, Scott Brown!

If it was McManus or Caldwell that would have been rescinded yesterday.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, we will find out tomorrow if it is rescinded. If the linesman has any sense, he will. Everyone has said it's not a red card. That includes Jimmy Calderwood, and Jamie Langfield!

From the linesman's point of view (partially restricted and behind the run of play) it may have looked as thought he struck the keeper intentionally. Surely after watching further footage (if he's allowed to) he'll realise he was going for the ball and it was DEFINITELY not intentional and therefore was never a red card......

That my tuppence.

I've even advocated tic players getting cards rescinded before if it means that refs take a look again at decisions that with hindsight that are clearly wrong. As long as it's fairly and consistently dealt with.

If they look at it again, and if they arrive at the same conclusion as they did at the time I'll be shocked. It's crystal clear the decision should be overturned. As should Mulgrew's.

For the record, and to show my objectivity on this, I wouldn't retrospectively punish McDonald's challenge on Wilkie either. There was no intent there either.

evens