** Bougherra appeal thread **

Boab

Bougherra Appeal

RANGERS have lodged an appeal against the red card administered to Madjid Bougherra in Saturday's 2-1 win over Aberdeen.

The Light Blues hope that the decision will be over-turned so that the Algerian defender will be free to play in Sunday's final SPL match of the season at Tannadice when they have the chance to win the Championship.

Bougherra slid in to try to get on the end of a pass by Stevie Whittaker and made contact with Aberdeen keeper Jamie Langfield.

He was dismissed by referee Stuart Dougal on the advice of assistant Graham Chambers who felt that the Rangers centre back deliberately tried to kick Langfield.

Rangers are hoping that when the incident is looked at again it will be decided that there was no such intent from the Rangers Supporters Player of the Year.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1660696,00.html

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bougherra Appeal

RANGERS have lodged an appeal against the red card administered to Madjid Bougherra in Saturday's 2-1 win over Aberdeen.

The Light Blues hope that the decision will be over-turned so that the Algerian defender will be free to play in Sunday's final SPL match of the season at Tannadice when they have the chance to win the Championship.

Bougherra slid in to try to get on the end of a pass by Stevie Whittaker and made contact with Aberdeen keeper Jamie Langfield.

He was dismissed by referee Stuart Dougal on the advice of assistant Graham Chambers who felt that the Rangers centre back deliberately tried to kick Langfield.

Rangers are hoping that when the incident is looked at again it will be decided that there was no such intent from the Rangers Supporters Player of the Year.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1660696,00.html

So the ref has obviously admitted to the mistake of him being sent off in the match report!!

I'd be incredibly confident of victory at Tannadice if it gets rescinded.

If they watch the same videos as I've watched and DON'T rescind it, it'll be a disgrace to Scottish football.

I'd be incredibly confident of victory at Tannadice if it gets rescinded.

If they watch the same videos as I've watched and DON'T rescind it, it'll be a disgrace to Scottish football.

Both reds from that game need wiping. Silly refereeing, worse "linesman"

Something really needs to be done about the standard of officials in our country

He had every right to go for the ball and there was definitely no malice on Boughie's part, he was sliding and couldn't pull out and if he tried to put his foot down so studs didn't show then he might have broken his own ankle. There was no anger from the goalie, or any of the Aberdeen players so they all knew it was a fair challenge and just an accident.

I am sure liewell had his journo employees out last night for a meal and drinks, cue the stories about us being helped, masonic conspiracies, the usual pish.

They will cry like fuck if he plays.

I don't think it will be overturned, but I'm still hoping.

If it doesnt get rescinded then I will be shocked.

I will be shocked if it is rescinded. I think it should be rescinded but the linesman has made up his mind imo and will not budge.