Setanta dead at last

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe us and rasellic only get one vote each. Surely we should be weighted a bit more, seeing as the league would be dead without us?

Ah but then thats not democratic is it. :rolleyes:

Never mind that Democracy just doesnt work in these situations.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2516020.0.0.php

good article including some quotes from financial experts on how plausible the espn agreement would be.

to be honest i would rather see what they have to offer rather than the constant bias on the scottish sky coverage of nicholas, provan n co with only whitey to even it out! :craphead:

i also feel they will have more of a chance to really build a far better show than setanta because they will only have there 46 prem games and then us to concentrate on over here. read the article if you havent already anyway, makes far more sense than any of my nonsense! :scot:

Also to be contreversial...if the SPL goes tits up...will this maybe give us a bigger chance to go to engerland or maybe start the Atlantic league.... The tv thing will have a bigger effect on the wee teams than us.

Why is everyone in such a bunch over this? We already saved the insignificant amount of money we got from setanta by releasing hemdani! The ONLY good thing, from Rangers perspective, about a tv deal, is the exposure and advertising. The money we get from TV is a pittance! We make more from 1 champions league game than we do in a year. Its not important. the only important thing is getting the games on TV. In this respect, in the UK, the best option is Sky, simple as really.

TV revenues dont really effect us, they effect the lower league teams, you know, the ones who voted for setanta not sky in the first place?

I thought we got around £2m from the new deal. That's not insignificant and it's cash that we can't do without. Perhaps not as much of an issue for us as it is for some clubs, but could see the transfer budget reduced from, say, £3m down to £1m.

My only gripe is that I was getting the games as it was part of my Virgin Media package, what am I going to do if I can't get to the see the games now? :(

Will really, really need to find a job now nearer to Glasgow/Scotland so I can get to the games easily.

The Irish broadcaster Setanta Sports has gone into administration after failing to make a number of payments to sporting organisations.

The administrator Deloitte said that it would shortly cease broadcasting to customers in Great Britain but would continue to operate elsewhere.

They said they would immediately stop collecting subscription payments.

About 200 employees involved with the British operations will be made redundant, the firm said.

Setanta had a total of 420 employees in the UK and Ireland.

"This is a sad day for all concerned," said Sir Robin Miller, chairman of Setanta.

"Unfortunately, in a difficult and highly competitive market, and despite strenuous efforts by the board and management, it has not been possible to find sufficient additional funds in the time available to ensure its survival."

Setanta will continue to broadcast in Ireland.

Setanta International and Setanta Ireland have not entered administration.

Setanta Sports missed payments to both the English Premier League and the Scottish Premier League (SPL) in recent weeks, resulting in both organisations taking their respective broadcasting rights back.

On Monday, the US sports network ESPN bought the rights to show the 46 English Premier League games Setanta was due to show next season, as well as the 23 matches it was to broadcast in each of the following three seasons.

The SPL has said it is also looking for a new buyer for its domestic broadcasting rights.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8115360.stm

It's going to make it a lot more difficult for Rangers fans around the world to see the games. With that in mind I hope a new deal with someone is set up soon. The start of the season is only 7 weeks away. One positive is that we may get back to Saturday 3.00PM games.

Why is everyone in such a bunch over this? We already saved the insignificant amount of money we got from setanta by releasing hemdani! The ONLY good thing, from Rangers perspective, about a tv deal, is the exposure and advertising. The money we get from TV is a pittance! We make more from 1 champions league game than we do in a year. Its not important. the only important thing is getting the games on TV. In this respect, in the UK,

Why is everyone in such a bunch over this? We already saved the insignificant amount of money we got from setanta by releasing hemdani! The ONLY good thing, from Rangers perspective, about a tv deal, is the exposure and advertising. The money we get from TV is a pittance! We make more from 1 champions league game than we do in a year. Its not important. the only important thing is getting the games on TV. In this respect, in the UK, the best option is Sky, simple as really.

TV revenues dont really effect us, they effect the lower league teams, you know, the ones who voted for setanta not sky in the first place?

Correct, in fact even the advertising revenue is nor terribly important since most of our televised games are at away grounds and the local butcher pays for the track advertising to the host club. We tend to have the old firm games and maybe one other at the end of the season at Ibrox.

Trouble is the clowns who voted for Setanta and against the Sky twice have the majority input again.

And thats the major stumbling block there.

According to the papers; Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen were keen on the Sky offer when renewal came up but the majority of clubs went for Setanta because it was worth more at the time, the same will happen when these rights go back up for tender no doubt.

I thought it was Dundee United

From Setanta.com

Setanta Sports Customers from England, Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands, please be advised that it is with great regret that Setanta GB is no longer trading.

Setanta Sports is still operating in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland only. Customers from ROI and NI should go to www.setanta.com/ie for more information.

Setanta Sport Limited

Setanta Transmissions (UK) Limited

Setanta Sports S.a.r.l

(All In Administration)

(together "the Companies")

On 23 June 2009, Neville Kahn, Lee Manning and Nick Edwards were appointed Joint Administrators of the Companies and now manage the affairs, business and property of Setanta Sport Limited and Setanta Transmissions (UK) Limited and Setanta S.a.r.l.. The Joint Administrators contract as agents of the Companies and without personal liability

Good riddance to specials Mikes aimed at Rangers fans to hear our songs.

Good Riddance to Harston,Booth,McLean and Burley,

Good Riddance to another Celtic PR machine.

Forgive us BskyB we're all yours.

Idiot

:shifty: