Rhepublican scum havin a demo at Armed Forces . . .

Just back from George Square..

Poster above has it spot on - heres what happened:

March past of armed forces & veterans, who assembled in the middle of Geo Sq. There was an amazing reception for them all, so well done to the people who made the effort to support this.

As the final notes of the last post sounded, a small number of IRA sympathisers (Sinn Fein), came along the top part of George Sq. Heard lots of shouting, calling them scum - the old veterans beside me just shook their head in disgust.

The crowd surged to the top half of George Sq, and I think some of them caught up with one or two of the scum. Certainly one at least caught a few slaps. The rest bolted up to Cathedral Street, and I think they got lifted - probably more for their own safety.

There were a few songs sung at them - TFIO, and no surrender to the IRA - nothing sectarian at all. However, there were, as you would expect, some neds just looking for an excuse to box, that was the only thing that disappointed.

I have to say that reading the STV account of this makes me boil - I mean wheres the parity in reporting ? Are reporters blind? Why shouldn't the crowd vent its fury when these cretins openly dishonor our armed forces past and present?

This really could only happen in Glasgow !

I'm actually ashamed of today, and angry that the truth simply wont be told by the 'press'.

Funny that everyone I spoke to today from the forces, veterans, cops, and organisers, were disgusted with the 'protest' by Sinn Fein'.

Why is then, that its only the BBC/STV that have a completely different take on it - suddenly its a Loyalist / sectarian mob problem!!

If anyone from the press is lurking - shame on you !!

Pictures from today to follow, when I get a minute.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS,

I notice that the STV have 'revised' their account of the incident - there now saying it was IRA sympathisers that started it, and another group replied with 'No surrender to the IRA':

It was an opportunity to celebrate the bravery of our military, but Scotland’s Armed Forces Day has been overshadowed by sectarianism.

Festivities across the country - including RAF flypasts, parades, and parachute displays – had been organised to pay tribute to men and women in uniform.

However, an RAF Nimrod flypast over George Square in Glasgow was marred by sectarian disturbances.

Chants were heard from a small number of protestors, believed to be from an Irish Republican group.

Another group responded with chants of “no surrender to the IRA”.

Police had to intervene to control crowds. STV News witnessed several arrests being made before police were able to restore order.

Secretary of State for Scotland Jim Murphy has described the scenes of bigotry as “embarrassing”.

No incidents have been reported at other events around Scotland.

In Edinburgh, spectators will be treated to a parachute display above Holyrood by the army's Golden Lions and there will be another RAF Nimrod flypast down the Royal Mile.

In Aberdeen 1,000 armed forces personnel will march down Union Street and in Dundee a parade will take place from King Street to City Square.

The Queen is set to visit the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards at Redford Barracks where she will inspect a guard from the Royal Company of Archers ahead of a medal presentation.

First Minister Alex Salmond will attend the celebrations in Edinburgh where he will address the crowds in Princes Street Gardens following a packed programme.

Conservative leader Annabel Goldie will attend a service of dedication at Paisley Abbey.

Absolute scum! the Republicans can all piss off home, especially if they hate this Great Nation so much, like those bloody Muslims at the parades earlier this year, they can all fuck off aswell if thats their attitude, I'm not saying all Muslims and Irish people are bad only the minority who hate this country, and the Rangers fans who cheered on the troops will get the trouble from the police for defending our nation. In Shetland their was quite a big event in Lerwick, I was their cheering on the troops. No disturbances.

March past of armed forces & veterans, who assembled in the middle of Geo Sq. There was an amazing reception for them all, so well done to the people who made the effort to support this.

As the final notes of the last post sounded, a small number of IRA sympathisers (Sinn Fein), came along the top part of George Sq. Heard lots of shouting, calling them scum - the old veterans beside me just shook their head in disgust.

The crowd surged to the top half of George Sq, and I think some of them caught up with one or two of the scum. Certainly one at least caught a few slaps. The rest bolted up to Cathedral Street, and I think they got lifted - probably more for their own safety.

There were a few songs sung at them - TFIO, and no surrender to the IRA - nothing sectarian at all. However, there were, as you would expect, some neds just looking for an excuse to box, that was the only thing that disappointed.

I have to say that reading the STV account of this makes me boil - I mean wheres the parity in reporting ? Are reporters blind? Why shouldn't the crowd vent its fury when these cretins openly dishonor our armed forces past and present?

I'm actually ashamed of today, and angry that the truth simply wont be told by the 'press'.

Funny that everyone I spoke to today from the forces, veterans, cops, and organisers, were disgusted with the 'protest' by Sinn Fein'.

Why is then, that its only the BBC/STV that have a completely different take on it - suddenly its a Loyalist / sectarian mob problem!!

(Sinn Fein) Was He There.????

You never cease to amaze me.

Whats he on about? weirdo?

He thinks Sinn Fein is a person.

He thinks Sinn Fein is a person.

OMG, really? is he allowed out alone?

:lol: really?

PS,

I notice that the STV have 'revised' their account of the incident - there now saying it was IRA sympathisers that started it, and another group replied with 'No surrender to the IRA':

It was an opportunity to celebrate the bravery of our military, but Scotland’s Armed Forces Day has been overshadowed by sectarianism.

Festivities across the country - including RAF flypasts, parades, and parachute displays – had been organised to pay tribute to men and women in uniform.

However, an RAF Nimrod flypast over George Square in Glasgow was marred by sectarian disturbances.

Chants were heard from a small number of protestors, believed to be from an Irish Republican group.

Police had to intervene to control crowds. STV News witnessed several arrests being made before police were able to restore order.

Secretary of State for Scotland Jim Murphy has described the scenes of bigotry as “embarrassing”.

In Edinburgh, spectators will be treated to a parachute display above Holyrood by the army's Golden Lions and there will be another RAF Nimrod flypast down the Royal Mile.

In Aberdeen 1,000 armed forces personnel will march down Union Street and in Dundee a parade will take place from King Street to City Square.

The Queen is set to visit the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards at Redford Barracks where she will inspect a guard from the Royal Company of Archers ahead of a medal presentation.

First Minister Alex Salmond will attend the celebrations in Edinburgh where he will address the crowds in Princes Street Gardens following a packed programme.

Conservative leader Annabel Goldie will attend a service of dedication at Paisley Abbey.

This was the BBC's report on it. What is missing from this picture...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8121131.stm

PS,

This was the BBC's report on it. What is missing from this picture...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8121131.stm

Further proof that the BBC have an agenda....

I know I don't post a lot and I'm probably going to get shot down but "our" side weren't without blame today.

First of all, let me say that I - like everyone else - was utterly disgusted that their protest was allowed to go ahead today. I'm disgusted that they could attempt to ruin the day for the old and bold who aren't remotely interested in their politics. However, I'm also disgusted at the number of blokes wearing Union Flags or Rangers tops who charged at them with nothing but violence in mind.

I was taking my 3 year old a walk around the perimeter of the Square as he wasn't getting a bit ratty and I didn't want to spoil the service for those around us. We got to the corner at George Street and stopped as the fly past went overhead. The trouble kicked off after that and as I tried to get out of the way with my son, he was trampled to the ground by rampaging blokes. Blokes old enough to know better and sadly, many blokes wearing Rangers tops. No one helped him up or get us out of the middle of it - they just wanted to keep charging forward, regardless of the fact there was a toddler on the ground. It was utterly terrifying for me, so think how it was for a child and he wasn't the only kid there. The whole place was full of children and families and the actions of many in front of those families was shameful.

The scum who felt the need to protest today were nothing but that, scum. They set out to completely disrespect our veterans. However, do those who charged at them, screaming obscenities, knocking over children, really think that they were showing respect? Did our vets deserve that to happen or did they deserve everyone of us to turn our backs on the republican scum and ignore them whilst focusing our energy and respect on those who deserved it?

Exactly. Those of us not utterly motivated by hypocritical, self righteous rage could see this was going to be an utter embarrassment, not to mention deflect attention way from the people that are actually supposed to be being 'celebrated'. Well done to the scum involved on both sides!

Exactly. Those of us not utterly motivated by hypocritical, self righteous rage could see this was going to be an utter embarrassment, not to mention deflect attention way from the people that are actually supposed to be being 'celebrated'. Well done to the scum involved on both sides!

filestroll2t.jpg