Muff

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be to replace Atemydog then

I'd rather have Davis (tu)

Davis is a CM who's been playing on the right, Kris Commons is a left winger, a position that we have failed to fill in years. They are different players so you can't compare them.

They might not get him, but at least Mopery is showing that he means buisness by trying to address the areas of the park that need improved. It wont be long before he tries to shore up their defence.

Davis is a right midfielder basically now. I thought Commons was a right-winger im sure thats where i seen him play for Scotland, against Iceland (away). So thats why i compared them

Commons can play on either wing, can also score goals, and can deliver set pieces. I hope this one is purely rumour control.

commons plays left wing

mcgayday plays left wing

must be getting sold, prob where the money is coming from, i reckon they could get 6mill for him

Thats what i was thinkin, it can't be to replace Nakamura if Commons is a left winger cause dug muncher was normally out on the right. Mcgeedie must be gawn to Barcelona :craphead:

Derby insist they have not received any approach from Celtic after reports linked Kris Commons with a move to the Scottish giants.

The Scotland international winger has drawn admiring glances from clubs in both the Premier League and SPL after a series of impressive performances at Pride Park.

Commons joined the Rams on a free transfer from Nottingham Forest last summer but would command a sizeable transfer fee were he to move on in the transfer window.

Manager Nigel Clough has previously insisted that the 25-year-old remains an important member of his squad, but admitted they would have to consider their options if they received an offer of 'silly money'.

Speculation

Celtic are the latest club to be linked with a possible swoop as new manager Tony Mowbray looks to bolster his squad.

But Rams chairman of football Adam Pearson has stated there has been no contact from the Bhoys.

He told the Derby Evening Telegraph: "We have heard nothing from Celtic and can only presume it is speculation.

"Kris is an important member of the team."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11696_5411637,00.html

That's from 2nd of July mate.

Sorry, just seen you already know.

McGeady can play on the right, he is right-footed. Commons on the left, maybe Mowbray views Maloney as a central attacking midfielder, as opposed to a winger as such.

Fortune dosn't worry me, Commons does.

Fuck that

When they start signing some world beaters we can have some concerns

the problem is they dont need world beaters to potentially leave us for dust unfortunatly

fortune commons and n'guemo ?sp? dont bother me as individuals but its a worrying trend - spending money on decent players

Derby County insist they have received no firm offer from Celtic for winger Kris Commons, BBC Radio Derby reports.

Bhoys manager Tony Mowbray has made no secret he is a fan of the Scotland international, and it is believed there is genuine interest from the Hoops.

A spokesman for the Rams has said no official bid has been made, even though a fee of £3.5m has been talked about.

The 25-year-old joined Derby in the summer of 2008 from Nottingham Forest and scored seven goals last season.

Commons was born in Mansfield, but is a Scottish international having qualified through his grandparents.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/8140949.stm

Every time I've seen Kris Commons, he's played very well. A much better player than Andy Driver. Although in saying that, like Fortune, the price they are willing to pay is a bit high for a player who is likely to jump board if a mid-high table Premiership team comes in for him. (According to Mark Venus they are only going to sign players who are going to be still there in four years time.)

Fortune dosn't worry me, Commons does.

Fuck that

When they start signing some world beaters we can have some concerns

the problem is they dont need world beaters to potentially leave us for dust unfortunatly

fortune commons and n'guemo ?sp? dont bother me as individuals but its a worrying trend - spending money on decent players

They dont have a pot of gold, theyll need alot more than 2 players , and we havent even started yet.

Yes, as Muff says, both of these players are better than what they have. But i think this just confirms that Mowbray really has no idea how to balance a team. Celtic's main weakness has been defence yet he spends nearly 7.5 million on forward players. IMO teams will get alot of joy from playing Celtic next season. They will just sit-in, soak up the pressure and know that they will be presented with at least one good chance from a poor Celtic defence.

Fortune and Commons are good signings but they are simply replacing what Celtic already had, not providing solutions for existing problems. (tu)

I'd expect Mopery to shore up that defence by bringing in at least 1 defender. If they get N'Guemo, then they will have someone who sit's infront of the back four, mops up play all day long, will do a power of running to protect the men behind him.

Commons is a good player, but you have to also consider the fact that they can only put 11 players on the pitch. M'geady, Maloney, Mizuno, Crosas, Robson, Flood, M'court and possibly now commons all play in similar attacking roles. Commons is no better than M'geady IMO so from that point of view it would strengthen the squad but not the team. All of these players would effectively be vying for 2 positions?

No offence to Commons or Fortune, who are decent players but if they both sign, Mowbray will have blown 7.3m on em

That just isn't value and plain daft

Nothing to concern us yet over 7m gone

Jeeso.