***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

Premiership to premiership can't be equated to any other transfer market.

I will say we have done very well , price wise, with our top assets with Ferguson, Cuellar, boumsong and hutton all going for great prices, if only we could get decent deals when getting rid of some of thr dross and i would be a happy man

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiership to premiership can't be equated to any other transfer market.

I will say we have done very well , price wise, with our top assets with Ferguson, Cuellar, boumsong and hutton all going for great prices, if only we could get decent deals when getting rid of some of thr dross and i would be a happy man

Realistically, anything under £6.5m would be a disgrace.

I'd expect - at least - parity with Cuellar. I'd actually prefer to rebuff any bids for him, let him flourish in Europe and if we must sell him, see what sort of bids we get in January.

Cuellar had far more experience than boogie at a higher level domesticaly and in europe.

We shall wait and see though, as i say i actually trust Sir David and Bain to get a decent deal if we are going to sell him as they have done well in the past.

I am sure i read boogie saying he wasn't interested in playing in france, although i may be wrong. Lets wait and see, hopefully everyone got the hysterical knicker twisting out there system this week and we can discuss it properly if he decides to move on.

Cuellar had far more experience than boogie at a higher level domesticaly and in europe.

We shall wait and see though, as i say i actually trust Sir David and Bain to get a decent deal if we are going to sell him as they have done well in the past.

I am sure i read boogie saying he wasn't interested in playing in france, although i may be wrong. Lets wait and see, hopefully everyone got the hysterical knicker twisting out there system this week and we can discuss it properly if he decides to move on.

I'd hope so, but the French Algerian's see Ligue 1 as some sort of Mecca.

In saying that, I thought he would have wanted a move to Marseille as a big part of their fanbase resides in Algeria. Especially now that their old hero Deschamps is back in.

And as you say, it's reality - no point in hanging ourselves.

i dnt wnt him 2 leave lets be honest how many times are we gonna be lucky n find a good cb? n as for the walter smith has proven he knows how to sign a good cb it was adam owen who reccommended him.

but if he dnt wanna stay he can jst fck off to bordeaux.... we cant afford to hav players who arent 100% committed to rangers

i dnt wnt him 2 leave lets be honest how many times are we gonna be lucky n find a good cb? n as for the walter smith has proven he knows how to sign a good cb it was adam owen who reccommended him.

but if he dnt wanna stay he can jst fck off to bordeaux.... we cant afford to hav players who arent 100% committed to rangers

I think that given the amount of great CBs that Walter had unearthed, it's pretty disrespectful to call it 'luck'.

Is it luck when Beckham curls one round the wall into the top corner? Of course not.

He's just good at this sort of thing, so give him credit (and trust) when Bougherra goes and we bring in a replacement.

I think that given the amount of great CBs that Walter had unearthed, it's pretty disrespectful to call it 'luck'.

Is it luck when Beckham curls one round the wall into the top corner? Of course not.

He's just good at this sort of thing, so give him credit (and trust) when Bougherra goes and we bring in a replacement.

when i say "luck" i mean gettin a really good player for such a small amount of money.

So much for L'Equipe being a load of shite then ;)

Agreed - Sorry guys, but footballers, managers, and clubs are liars - why can't we all see this.

Always knew this would happen, so I won't be joining the crew to jump off a bridge when it does.

Let's get a good price and move on :)

Sour taste is in my mouth. Bougherra can go now - all the 'I want to stay' stuff is conspicuous by its absence.

Agreed - Sorry guys, but footballers, managers, and clubs are liars - why can't we all see this.

Always knew this would happen, so I won't be joining the crew to jump off a bridge when it does.

Sour taste is in my mouth. Bougherra can go now - all the 'I want to stay' stuff is conspicuous by its absence.

It's approaching that stage where I believe the polar opposite of what I'm told by clubs and players, just in order to avoid any disappointment.

Will have to wait and see how all this folds out.

I am sure I have read somewhere before with Bougherra saying he wouldn't return to French football as he prefers the British style game.

I am sure he said that around about the time when Marseille were linked in January.

The liars that are football people:

"Someone called me. I don't know if it was the agent of the player, the agent of the agent, or someone else," said Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud.

"We have had no contact with Rangers. Maybe Laurent Blanc is interested but he hasn't told me."

One day later:

"We have not made any official offer to Rangers yet, but if we do, we will not be forced into a corner by them. Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc has discussed but if he's too dear then we move on."

The fact this story surfaced in LeQuipe a few days ago shows significant evidence of bare-faced lies from Bordeaux.

It's approaching that stage where I believe the polar opposite of what I'm told by clubs and players, just in order to avoid any disappointment.

I try the old E=MC2 on whatever they say, see how that equation affects it. Maybe some sense and truth will come from the calculation...

"We have not made any official offer to Rangers yet, but if we do, we will not be forced into a corner by them. Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc has discussed but if he's too dear then we move on."

This very part of the quote is why I think we should say: "£10m or find someone else."

The liars that are football people:

"Someone called me. I don't know if it was the agent of the player, the agent of the agent, or someone else," said Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud.

"We have had no contact with Rangers. Maybe Laurent Blanc is interested but he hasn't told me."

One day later:

The fact this story surfaced in LeQuipe a few days ago shows significant evidence of bare-faced lies from Bordeaux.

it really makes me angry the way they lie in your face like this :angry: can't believe a word anyone says

More evidence of lying footballers:

‘What I don’t want to do is the same thing I did when I was at Wednesday,’ said Bougherra. ‘I really liked it there and, because the city was in the north, the people were all really friendly.

'It was just like Scotland in that respect but I left after six months because I got the chance to play in the Premiership for the first time with Charlton.

‘I had gone to England from Gueugnon and when you see the Premiership on the TV back in France, you want to go there quickly. I was still young when I was in Sheffield and, having just turned 24, I made the wrong choice to move from there. I went too soon.

Walter Smith

Walter Smith's Rangers have enjoyed a fine run that has seem them climb to the top of the SPL

‘Had I finished the season with Wednesday, I would have had more experience at that level and enjoyed myself more as I was very comfortable in that city. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy it at Charlton, because I did, but we went down and it wasn’t such a happy time after that.

‘Here at Rangers, I am really settled. The fans are fantastic an the staff are the same - they have made me feel so welcome and it is better to stay here.

‘I have learned from my experience at Wednesday and now I know I should have stayed there longer.

'By the same token, I want to stay here longer because I am happy at Ibrox and there is no need for me to go.

‘I might get more money at another club or play at a higher level but this is a big club and I’m very settled and content in Glasgow. Everything is perfect.’

Story from earlier this year.

Now he doesn't know where his future lies.

After Boumsong and Cuellar, I actually cannot believe anyone believes a single word our players ever say. Though, tbf I do remember on this forum folk quoting that kind of stuff, but lots of opposition saying 'remember Cuellar'.

We're getting educated and cynical on this, and quite right too.

More evidence of lying footballers:

‘What I don’t want to do is the same thing I did when I was at Wednesday,’ said Bougherra. ‘I really liked it there and, because the city was in the north, the people were all really friendly.

'It was just like Scotland in that respect but I left after six months because I got the chance to play in the Premiership for the first time with Charlton.

‘I had gone to England from Gueugnon and when you see the Premiership on the TV back in France, you want to go there quickly. I was still young when I was in Sheffield and, having just turned 24, I made the wrong choice to move from there. I went too soon.

Walter Smith

Walter Smith's Rangers have enjoyed a fine run that has seem them climb to the top of the SPL

‘Had I finished the season with Wednesday, I would have had more experience at that level and enjoyed myself more as I was very comfortable in that city. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy it at Charlton, because I did, but we went down and it wasn’t such a happy time after that.

‘Here at Rangers, I am really settled. The fans are fantastic an the staff are the same - they have made me feel so welcome and it is better to stay here.

‘I have learned from my experience at Wednesday and now I know I should have stayed there longer.

'By the same token, I want to stay here longer because I am happy at Ibrox and there is no need for me to go.

‘I might get more money at another club or play at a higher level but this is a big club and I’m very settled and content in Glasgow. Everything is perfect.’

Story from earlier this year.

Now he doesn't know where his future lies.

After Boumsong and Cuellar, I actually cannot believe anyone believes a single word our players ever say. Though, tbf I do remember on this forum folk quoting that kind of stuff, but lots of opposition saying 'remember Cuellar'.

We're getting educated and cynical on this, and quite right too.

And then when Cousin says: "I'd like a move to the English Premiership", people slate him for being honest.

This very part of the quote is why I think we should say: "£10m or find someone else."

Especially as these were the same garlic eating, froggy featured, surrender monkey bastards who held us to ransom over our Faubert bid.

Especially as these were the same garlic eating, froggy featured, surrender monkey bastards who held us to ransom over our Faubert bid.

I really don't think Bougherra's fussed either way.

He's loved here, he'll get CL football here and he'll win trophies here.

If we declare that we think he's worth £10m and Bordeaux don't pay up, I really can't see him taking a hissy fit over that. We need to stop selling ourselves short and showing our hands early.

All of that is assuming we've not put a £6m clause in his contract.

I really don't think Bougherra's fussed either way.

He's loved here, he'll get CL football here and he'll win trophies here.

If we declare that we think he's worth £10m and Bordeaux don't pay up, I really can't see him taking a hissy fit over that. We need to stop selling ourselves short and showing our hands early.

All of that is assuming we've not put a £6m clause in his contract.

another thing we have a tendancy to do, losing out on millions in the long run is not what we need