***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

French side Bordeaux end interest in Rangers' Madjid Bougherra

Jul 18 2009

BORDEAUX last night revealed Madjid Bougherra is off their radar - because the Rangers defender is happy in Scotland.

President of the French champions Jean-Louis Triaud insists his side will now pursue other targets after the Algerian internationalist made it clear he wasn't interested in a return to France.

Bordeaux were ready to test the Ibrox club's resolve with a £3million bid for the player they see as a replacement for Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara.

Triaud revealed Laurent Blanc will now pursue other targets such as Lokomotiv Moscow's Marko Basa.

He said: "We haven't taken our interest in Madjid Bougherra further and there are no plans to do so now.

"We understand that the player is very happy at Rangers and he has indicated to us he wants to stay there.

"So as far as we are concerned if he says he wants to stay there that's what he will do.

"I have good relations with Rangers and I don't want this to change.

Keen "We didn't initiate contact with Bougherra's agent but we were called by someone claiming to be his agent suggesting the player would be keen to move to France.

"But we have since discovered this is not the case and we move on."

The news Bougherra is off Bordeaux's wanted list will be welcomed by the Ibrox support who watched another popular defender, Carlos Cuellar, leave for AstonVilla last August.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21529017/

No desire to leave.

No deal done.

No story.

Basically, one person claiming to be an agent tried to instigate business with Bordeaux and everybody ran with "Boughie set/wants to leave" when there was absolutely no basis for the story.

That didn't stop the press and some of our more naive contributors from seeing the end of the world.

Told you so.

Surely they can tell the difference between a real Frenchman and Timmy putting his best 'Allo 'Allo voice on?

:lol:

I had considered that possibility.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't say anyone was naive - any posts I seen on the subject were based on weather hje wanted to leave and what we should get for him, there's still a long way to go in the transfer window so I'll hang fire on celebrating just yet.

This story was run by the same "journalist",(and i use the term loosely) who gave us the "exclusive" that Smelltic were ready to step in and match the offer of £2mill. for James McCarthy that Hamilton had received from Wolves and Wigan. That was an another"No story"

This story was run by the same "journalist",(and i use the term loosely) who gave us the "exclusive" that Smelltic were ready to step in and match the offer of £2mill. for James McCarthy that Hamilton had received from Wolves and Wigan. That was an another"No story"

It's in the Herald aswell!

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...nd_farewell.php

Meanwhile, Bordeaux, the French champions, had been ready to test Rangers' resolve with a £3m bid for Bougherra as they seek to replace Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara. However, Jean-Louis Triaud, their president, said his side will pursue other targets, such as Marko Basa at Lokomotiv Moscow, after Bougherra told them he did not want to return to France.

Meanwhile, Bordeaux, the French champions, had been ready to test Rangers' resolve with a £3m bid for Bougherra as they seek to replace Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara. However, Jean-Louis Triaud, their president, said his side will pursue other targets, such as Marko Basa at Lokomotiv Moscow, after Bougherra told them he did not want to return to France.

From the Herald

Today l'Equipe says that Bougherra has phoned Laurent Blanc and told him he wanted to stay at Rangers...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/...e-bordeaux.html

From the Herald

Today l'Equipe says that Bougherra has phoned Laurent Blanc and told him he wanted to stay at Rangers...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/...e-bordeaux.html

I'll take your word for it seeing as I cannae speak bloody French!!! <cr>

BORDEAUX last night revealed Madjid Bougherra is off their radar - because the Rangers defender is happy in Scotland.

President of the French champions Jean-Louis Triaud insists his side will now pursue other targets after the Algerian internationalist made it clear he wasn't interested in a return to France.

Bordeaux were ready to test the Ibrox club's resolve with a £3million bid for the player they see as a replacement for Marseille-bound Souleymane Diawara.

Triaud revealed Laurent Blanc will now pursue other targets such as Lokomotiv Moscow's Marko Basa.

He said: "We haven't taken our interest in Madjid Bougherra further and there are no plans to do so now.

"We understand that the player is very happy at Rangers and he has indicated to us he wants to stay there.

"So as far as we are concerned if he says he wants to stay there that's what he will do.

"I have good relations with Rangers and I don't want this to change.

Keen "We didn't initiate contact with Bougherra's agent but we were called by someone claiming to be his agent suggesting the player would be keen to move to France.

"But we have since discovered this is not the case and we move on."

The news Bougherra is off Bordeaux's wanted list will be welcomed by the Ibrox support who watched another popular defender, Carlos Cuellar, leave for AstonVilla last August.

http://www.&lt;No links to this website&gt;/football/old-...86908-21529017/

Great News, if true !!

Rough transelation from the L'Equipé newspaper articule on Bougherra.

Coveted by the Girondins de Bordeaux, the central defender Madjid Bougherra Glasgow Rangers did not join the French champions, "says daily L'Equipe. The player of 26 years formed Gueugnon Laurent Blanc has called to tell him he preferred to stay in his club, where he arrived last summer. "We still looking for a central defender," said Jean-Louis Triaud, the president of FCGB. Laurent Blanc has several names in mind. It has not stopped his choice. "

Another trail leads to Nice Onyekachi Apam, 22 years, under contract until 2013 with Aiglons. The player could get a good exit, especially if Loïc Rémy finally left the OGCN. L'Equipe also reported a rumor about Jonathan Zebina (31), tricolore international defender of Juventus Turin, which was played very little last year. Finally, the option Kader Mangane has dissipated, the Senegalese player is transferable according to Pierre Dréossi, manager du Stade Rennais. "The choice depends less on player of the envelope which I have to choose," said Laurent Blanc on Wednesday night.

little jumbled, but understandable.

Then why the crap did he put us all on sodding tenterhooks by saying he had to discuss his future with Rangers first?

That was irresponsible and maybe slightly egotistical.

After the to-ing and fro-ing through of this situation, I won't believe he's staying till September the 1st 00:00:01 am and he's still at Ibrox.

Madjid Bougherra has pledged to stay with Rangers despite strong interest in his services from Bordeaux.

The Algeria international defender, who moved to Ibrox from Charlton in a £2.5million deal 12 months ago, had emerged as a target for Les Girondins.

But Bougherra insists he has no plans to leave Walter Smith's side and is looking forward to the challenge of UEFA Champions League football this season.

He said: "I love it here. It is a great and very big club. I have settled here and my progress is going like I want.

"I told Bordeaux thank-you for their interest but it is great for me to play for Rangers.

"I prefer to stay here, the Champions League is also here."

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud confirmed that the French champions were still looking to strengthen their squad ahead of the new season.

He told L'Equipe: "We are still looking for a central defender. Laurent Blanc has several names in his mind, we have not definitely set our choice."

Juventus' former France international Jonathan Zebina has been linked with Blanc's side, while a move for Nice's Onyekachi Apam has also been mooted.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_5439318,00.html

IMO he will still leave :(

Then why the crap did he put us all on sodding tenterhooks by saying he had to discuss his future with Rangers first?

After the to-ing and fro-ing through of this situation, I won't believe he's staying till September the 1st 00:00:01 am and he's still at Ibrox.

if he really wants to stay, why not make an official statement on the club website to stop the rumours.

Everyone seems to bring up Cuellar every now and again, but do any of you honestly think he would have left on his own accord? I'm not saying he was pushed out, but it was at a time when Murray got a good money bid and told Cuellar how good that money would be for Rangers.

That's what I believe happened.

Will you stay up? :)

Everyone seems to bring up Cuellar every now and again, but do any of you honestly think he would have left on his own accord? I'm not saying he was pushed out, but it was at a time when Murray got a good money bid and told Cuellar how good that money would be for Rangers.

theres too many conflicting stories about why he left. i dont know who to believe.

Cant french teams still buy a player after the transfer window for some amount of time?

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1363829,00.html

THAT'S what happened.

Independent: Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar is poised to become Aston Villa's latest summer signing after the two clubs agreed a £7.8m fee.Villa last night had a bid accepted which invoked the release clause in the Spaniard's contract. with the SPL outfit Villa will now discuss terms with the 26-year-old, but Rangers last night went a step further to claim the move was as good as complete, subject to a medical. Cuellar, who was outstanding for Rangers after joining the Ibrox club from Osasuna last season, expressed a desire to leave Ibrox last weekend. Cuellar was instrumental in Rangers' run to the Uefa Cup final last season and was named Scottish Football Writers player of the year.

Daily Mail: Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar is poised to become Aston Villa's latest summer signing after the two clubs agreed a £7.8million fee on Monday night, which invoked the release clause in the Spaniard's contract. Villa will now discuss terms with the 26-year-old but Rangers have gone a step further to claim the move was as good as complete, subject to a medical. Cuellar, who was outstanding for Rangers after joining the Scottish club from Osasuna last season, expressed a desire to leave Ibrox last weekend. His decision is a huge blow to the Scottish club, coming just a week after a humiliating early exit from the Champions League at the qualifying stages.

Away Kit

Guardian: Aston Villa are poised to sign Carlos Cuéllar from Rangers after the Scottish club accepted a £7.8m offer for their Spanish central defender yesterday. Cuéllar, who had an outstanding debut season in Scotland following his £2.4m arrival from Osasuna 13 months ago, has a clause in his Rangers contract which allows him to talk to any club if a €10m (£7.8m) bid is lodged and he will now join Martin O'Neill's team if he passes a medical and agrees personal terms. "My ambition has always been to play for my national team and I believe that playing in the biggest league in the world for Aston Villa will help me realise that," Cuéllar said last night. "The Rangers supporters have been fantastic but I am young and want to play at the highest level and I hope they will always welcome me back. I want to thank them for everything." The Rangers manager, Walter Smith, said he had reluctantly admitted defeat in his attempts to keep the player. "This has come as a surprise and I am disappointed. Carlos Cuéllar has been a great player for this football club," he said. Amid reported interest from Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United O'Neill moved swiftly after Rangers' exit from European competition last week. Cuéllar, 26, is expected to travel to the Midlands today to complete the move. O'Neill has been seeking to strengthen at centre-back with only Zat Knight, Martin Laursen and Curtis Davies currently in place. Villa had targeted Younes Kaboul but the 22-year-old yesterday completed a move from Tottenham to Portsmouth. The manager does have options across the backline, though, as Cuéllar will become the third defender to sign this summer, following the full-backs Nicky Shorey and Luke Young to the club

Hope this clarifies the circumstances of his departure.

Also, that's him been gone for a year - I don't really see him knocking on the door of the national team any time soon...

Cant french teams still buy a player after the transfer window for some amount of time?

:anguish:

Let it not be so.

Will you stay up? :)

If Bougherra's future at Ibrox depends on me remaining awake till 00:00:01 on September the 1st, I'll take one for the team :cool: