***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PIB, do you think one season of SPL football is enough to more than treble someones value (especially considering the story is he is being sold to a club outside the premiership)?

If he's being sold, and yes, I think we should demand top money for him, as has also being reported Wigan are apparently interested, don't know who the third club might be but it appears there are three clubs so we should demand a lot more money for him.

As has also been mentioned it looks like Fergie might be getting sold who is one of our top earners so the wage bill is already reduced dramatically therefore it's my view he is a player we don't have to sell.

Again the reports are how much they have initially offered we should be going back and saying that's not enough.

I think we would do very well to get 8 million for someone only proven at SPL level domestically.

A good season this year in Europe would pout him in that bracket for me. We all know how good he is but he has to show it against top opposition

Boumsong? The Uefa Cup teams he faced were hardly the cream of Europe.

Boumsong had already proved himself at a higher level than the SPL.......

PIB, do you think one season of SPL football is enough to more than treble someones value (especially considering the story is he is being sold to a club outside the premiership)?

If he's being sold, and yes, I think we should demand top money for him, as has also being reported Wigan are apparently interested, don't know who the third club might be but it appears there are three clubs so we should demand a lot more money for him.

As has also been mentioned it looks like Fergie might be getting sold who is one of our top earners so the wage bill is already reduced dramatically therefore it's my view he is a player we don't have to sell.

Again the reports are how much they have initially offered we should be going back and saying that's not enough.

I think we would do very well to get 8 million for someone only proven at SPL level domestically.

A good season this year in Europe would pout him in that bracket for me. We all know how good he is but he has to show it against top opposition

That name sprang to my mind as well, and I think Boughie is a much better player.

Held his own in the EPL as well.

In fairness, Giorgio Chiellini and Raul Albiol would have struggled to keep a clean sheet at Newcastle back then. The centre backs being poor is almost symptomatic of playing for the club. Off the top of my head, solid enough players like Boumsong, Rozenhal, Distin, Capaca (alright, maybe not Capaca) and O'Brien have looked like pub players over the years. The fact a 22 year old French boy from Metz has been their most solid defender since the turn of the millenium says it all.

Back on topic, i'd be majorly shocked if Souness spent the money on Boumsong after seeing what he did at Ibrox. Before we signed him he was already in ridiculous demand (IIRC he was on the verge of signing for Liverpool when Benitez came in only for it to fall through) and was always only going to be here for an ephimeral period.

That name sprang to my mind as well, and I think Boughie is a much better player.

In fairness, Giorgio Chiellini and Raul Albiol would have struggled to keep a clean sheet at Newcastle back then. The centre backs being poor is almost symptomatic of playing for the club. Off the top of my head, solid enough players like Boumsong, Rozenhal, Distin, Capaca (alright, maybe not Capaca) and O'Brien have looked like pub players over the years. The fact a 22 year old French boy from Metz has been their most solid defender since the turn of the millenium says it all.

Back on topic, i'd be majorly shocked if Souness spent the money on Boumsong after seeing what he did at Ibrox. Before we signed him he was already in ridiculous demand (IIRC he was on the verge of signing for Liverpool when Benitez came in only for it to fall through) and was always only going to be here for an ephimeral period.

If your a centre back moving to Newcastle is borderlining on career suicide.

I'm sure that Boumsong also had a lot of problems at home when he was at Newcastle.

if anyone thinks that murray and bain wont sell him for 6 million then your heads up your arse.

They will bite the hand off of them for it. :mad:

and that is why i want rid of both of them

the downsizers must go

;)

If your a centre back moving to Newcastle is borderlining on career suicide.

I'm sure that Boumsong also had a lot of problems at home when he was at Newcastle.

Even the Gooch (onyewu) was written off after a spell at newcastle

Not away to read through all these pages on Bougherra, far too long.

Was only a matter of time before someone came in (or does?) for one of our better players. Dangle a few £££'ssss infront of us, and your on your way, whether you like it or not.

We should be looking for a quality CB to partner Bougherra, not selling him, and then needing to find a cheaper replacement.

I'm gonna go ahead a say, I told you so!

This "imminent deal" doesn't look so imminent, does it?

We like the fact you were right. I know I do :)

I just hope, on this story, you remain correct till the 1st of September.

I'm gonna go ahead a say, I told you so!

This "imminent deal" doesn't look so imminent, does it?

We like the fact you were right. I know I do :)

I just hope, on this story, you remain correct till the 1st of September.

I can't see him going unless we get a good bit more- i.e. Hutton/Cuellar money- which wouldn't be such a bad thing, but I'd rather he stayed.

This rumour just seemed hollow from the start, especially given the "source" and that he said he'd only go back to France for Marseille, but wanted to stay at Rangers for a few years.

Oleg 1 L'equipe + other posters 0! ;)

Guy freaked me out today because Bougherra wasnt at training but thankfully got reminded that he's been given an extra break due to international duty.

According to Murray it would need to be a spectacular offer for it to be accepted. Remember we need to agree a transfer fee before anything can go ahead and by the looks of it Murrays not having it unless its megabucks.

Calm yer knickers.

MADJID BOUGHERRA is ready to drop the bombshell news that he wants to quit Rangers and join Bordeaux.

Express Sport broke the story on Wednesday that the French champions are set to make a £4million-plus bid for the Algerian international, Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray had always maintained his star defender wasn’t for sale, but Bougherra will tell him he wants out.t.

The 26-year-old admitted: “Ican’t really say too much about this.All I can say is that I do know thatBordeaux are interested in me.

“I expect this to be resolved next week after I have spoken to the people who are in charge at Rangers.”

Bordeaux chairman Jean-LouisTriaud has also confirmed their interest in the centre-half, who is on holiday in France. “Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc hasdiscussed,” said Triaud.

“We are in the process of contacting the player’s agent.

“We have lost Souleymane Diawara and his replacement mustbe experienced. Bougherra migh tbe the answer, but again, that is for the coach to decide.“Laurent is looking for a central defender who can play on the left side and Bougherra meets that profile.”

Rangers are reluctant to lose their player of the year but a bid that rises above £5m, with add-ons, would tempt them. It would also free up the funds for Walter Smith to move for Sporting Lisbon’s £2m-rated defender Tonel as his natural replacement.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain, above, said: “We have not received a bid or any official contact from Bordeaux. We have been made aware from the player’s agent that a bid is on its way but so far we have not received anything.”

Chairman Murray added: “We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer that is well above valuation we have to consider it.

“But we are not promoting the sale of any of our top players.”

Rangers midfielder Barry Ferguson travelled to Birmingham yesterday to open negotiations with Alex McLeish over his £1.2m move and talks will continue over the course of today.

Looks like someone typed that with their tongue. :huh:

Why in the past few years have we failed to hold on to our centre backs? Boumsong, Celluar and now Bougherra. It's frustrating to say the least, and I agree that we should not take any less than 7 million for him....oh well it looks like a McCulloch Weir partnership at the back!

SDM has said it would have to be silly money for us to sell our star players, hopefully this isn't Cuellar all over again. Bordeaux have said they have 4 players on their shortlist and wont be held to ransom over Boogie. Here's hoping SDM sticks to his word

SDM has said it would have to be silly money for us to sell our star players, hopefully this isn't Cuellar all over again. Bordeaux have said they have 4 players on their shortlist and wont be held to ransom over Boogie. Here's hoping SDM sticks to his word

If somebody offered 7.5m for Bougherra Id take the money and run!