***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

So guys not being in Scotland i am interested, which of the scottish papers picked up this story ?

He was gone according to many last night so i would imagine back and front page headlines on most of the papers ?

its in a highly regarded French paper didnt you know that means its true (tu)

So it’s in no Scottish papers...... <cr>

Not saying this can’t/won’t happen but strange for the Scottish press to ignore a done deal that sees our best player leave ibrox….very curious…..

there is a small mention in the Sun, we can catergorically deny that we have recieved any bids for our best players and nor do we entertain them (tu) from SDM

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but is it worth the risk selling bougherra then maybe not getting a good CB again? How many times can Walter keep bringing in top CB players like he has? and who knows maybe whatever fee we get for Bougherra goes straight to lowering our debt :anguish:

Lots of people here posting that Walter has a record of bringing in really good CBs, a fact not lost on me and I hope for one that he continues to do so. only thing is...no-one seems to be looking at the future... what happens when Walter is gone?

I know, but is it worth the risk selling bougherra then maybe not getting a good CB again? How many times can Walter keep bringing in top CB players like he has? and who knows maybe whatever fee we get for Bougherra goes straight to lowering our debt :anguish:

Lots of people here posting that Walter has a record of bringing in really good CBs, a fact not lost on me and I hope for one that he continues to do so. only thing is...no-one seems to be looking at the future... what happens when Walter is gone?

No doubt we'll have a new manager :D

Not really worried about this, if Bougherra goes then we will have enough money to buy a decent replacement...possibly 2 (IMO we need 2 as Broadfoot is gash and Webster's going on loan to Dundee Utd). He has turned out to be a decent player but he's still prone to the odd "Amo like" mistake when he darts forward and leaves a big gap behind him.

Got to admit been taken for a ride here, 500 odd replies to a poster with 7 posts, got to be somebody with connected to the stv phoney story ! :sherlock:

As I said somebody has taken the pish and some amount of knee jerkers have fell for it. Got to give credit where credit is due ! :sherlock:

PIB, do you think one season of SPL football is enough to more than treble someones value (especially considering the story is he is being sold to a club outside the premiership)?

If he's being sold, and yes, I think we should demand top money for him, as has also being reported Wigan are apparently interested, don't know who the third club might be but it appears there are three clubs so we should demand a lot more money for him.

As has also been mentioned it looks like Fergie might be getting sold who is one of our top earners so the wage bill is already reduced dramatically therefore it's my view he is a player we don't have to sell.

Again the reports are how much they have initially offered we should be going back and saying that's not enough.

PIB, do you think one season of SPL football is enough to more than treble someones value (especially considering the story is he is being sold to a club outside the premiership)?

If he's being sold, and yes, I think we should demand top money for him, as has also being reported Wigan are apparently interested, don't know who the third club might be but it appears there are three clubs so we should demand a lot more money for him.

As has also been mentioned it looks like Fergie might be getting sold who is one of our top earners so the wage bill is already reduced dramatically therefore it's my view he is a player we don't have to sell.

Again the reports are how much they have initially offered we should be going back and saying that's not enough.

I think we would do very well to get 8 million for someone only proven at SPL level domestically.

A good season this year in Europe would pout him in that bracket for me. We all know how good he is but he has to show it against top opposition

Who will be man enough to apologise to David Murray, Martin Bain and everyone else who they unfairly slaughtered based on one report?

When will people learn!? One source really isn't good enough these. Even 2 isn't. This was all absolute pish and this forum (and others) pressed the panic button.

tbf those slaughtering the club would do so anyway, even without this.

So they won't apologise because it's their long standing opinion anyway. This was just ammo.

Personally I don't think we've seen the last of this story, but I hope I'm wrong. We do have a bad rep for selling off our marquee players, and panic was justifiable in this case in light of recent history.

Lightning strikes more than twice with us.

I think we would do very well to get 8 million for someone only proven at SPL level domestically.

A good season this year in Europe would pout him in that bracket for me. We all know how good he is but he has to show it against top opposition

Boumsong? The Uefa Cup teams he faced were hardly the cream of Europe.

That name sprang to my mind as well, and I think Boughie is a much better player.

Who will be man enough to apologise to David Murray, Martin Bain and everyone else who they unfairly slaughtered based on one report?

When will people learn!? One source really isn't good enough these. Even 2 isn't. This was all absolute pish and this forum (and others) pressed the panic button.

Counting chickens and all that.....

It isn't over yet, but even if this story isn't true my opinion on Murray and Bain isn't going to change.

Evening Times:

Meanwhile, despite reports that Madjid Bougherra is attracting interest from Wigan and Bordeaux, Rangers say they have had no approaches, nor do they want any.

But, in the current climate, everyone has their price and a mega-offer for the Algerian would be hard to turn down.

The French club, however, have distanced themselves from any approach.

"Someone called me," said Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud. "I don't know if it was the agent of the player, the agent of the agent or someone else.

"We have had no contact with Rangers. Maybe Laurent Blanc is interested but he hasn't told me."

Evening Times:

Meanwhile, despite reports that Madjid Bougherra is attracting interest from Wigan and Bordeaux, Rangers say they have had no approaches, nor do they want any.

But, in the current climate, everyone has their price and a mega-offer for the Algerian would be hard to turn down.

The French club, however, have distanced themselves from any approach.

"Someone called me," said Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud. "I don't know if it was the agent of the player, the agent of the agent or someone else.

"We have had no contact with Rangers. Maybe Laurent Blanc is interested but he hasn't told me."

Already been posted, mate.

That name sprang to my mind as well, and I think Boughie is a much better player.

Held his own in the EPL as well.

Held his own in the EPL as well.

...here little fishy?