***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

I really don't think Bougherra's fussed either way.

He's loved here, he'll get CL football here and he'll win trophies here.

If we declare that we think he's worth £10m and Bordeaux don't pay up, I really can't see him taking a hissy fit over that. We need to stop selling ourselves short and showing our hands early.

All of that is assuming we've not put a £6m clause in his contract.

From what Bordeaux are saying in the press they simply wont be able to afford him.

from SKY Sports...

"We have not made any offer to Rangers yet but if we do we will not be forced into a corner by them. Some of the transfer fees and salaries being asked for in the deals we are doing are astronomical and we won't bow down to them.

"Any discussions we decide to have with Rangers with regards to Bougherra will be quite simple.

"We don't have a lot of money and we're being realistic and sensible in the transfer market. If he's too dear then we move on - nothing lost, nothing gained."

I think anything above £5million and Murray will be interested but I can't see Bordeaux going anywhere near that amount.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we declare that we think he's worth £10m and Bordeaux don't pay up, I really can't see him taking a hissy fit over that. We need to stop selling ourselves short and showing our hands early.

From what Bordeaux are saying in the press they simply wont be able to afford him.

from SKY Sports...

"We have not made any offer to Rangers yet but if we do we will not be forced into a corner by them. Some of the transfer fees and salaries being asked for in the deals we are doing are astronomical and we won't bow down to them.

"Any discussions we decide to have with Rangers with regards to Bougherra will be quite simple.

"We don't have a lot of money and we're being realistic and sensible in the transfer market. If he's too dear then we move on - nothing lost, nothing gained."

I think anything above £5million and Murray will be interested but I can't see Bordeaux going anywhere near that amount.

You serious? French champs can't afford 10M? Nah, they could easily spend that much.

All they're saying is they won't pay the silly money the big clubs shell out - they wouldn't pay like 12 or 13M. But 7 or 8 would be ok I reckon.

"We have not made any official offer to Rangers yet, but if we do, we will not be forced into a corner by them. Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc has discussed but if he's too dear then we move on."

This very part of the quote is why I think we should say: "£10m or find someone else."

Especially as these were the same garlic eating, froggy featured, surrender monkey bastards who held us to ransom over our Faubert bid.

I'd put money on it that there is a clause in his contract

And then when Cousin says: "I'd like a move to the English Premiership", people slate him for being honest.

Being exact he said he was happy to leave, happy to stay.

He wasn't fussed either way, and was entirely honest. But lots of fans slagged him off for not saying 'I wanna bleed blue forever and play the flute on July the 12th'.

"We have not made any official offer to Rangers yet, but if we do, we will not be forced into a corner by them. Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc has discussed but if he's too dear then we move on."

This very part of the quote is why I think we should say: "£10m or find someone else."

Especially as these were the same garlic eating, froggy featured, surrender monkey bastards who held us to ransom over our Faubert bid.

w0rd.

You serious? French champs can't afford 10M? Nah, they could easily spend that much.

All they're saying is they won't pay the silly money the big clubs shell out - they wouldn't pay like 12 or 13M. But 7 or 8 would be ok I reckon.

They are considering a bid of £3million, there's no way in hell they'll fork out £7-8million.

from SKY Sports...

A few days ago it was rumoured the bid was about £5.5 million?

I'll bite your hand off for £8million quid for Bougherra.

Exactly, so would I. The guy's never played in European competition before, so wanting £8m is madness.

Like Cuellar's ?

I'll bite your hand off for £8million quid for Bougherra.

2 things need to happen for the big man to leave,

1 he wants to go

2 a fantastic offer needs to come in, eg cuellar.

if he's going to leave, get the deal done and lets move on.

If they really are considering offering £3m though, hey can fuck right off. that is derisory. We paid £2.5m for him for fucks sake!

Maybe they are trying to unsettle him?

I have to say i don't understand at all why Murray seems to sell so quickly. He's got 2 or 3 years left on his contract, why not keep him for the CL - his value can only go up, right?

I have to say i don't understand at all why Murray seems to sell so quickly. He's got 2 or 3 years left on his contract, why not keep him for the CL - his value can only go up, right?

Exactly.

The phrase 'bidding war' is one apparently never muttered in the walls of Murray's office.

The management shown in January with the Boyd bid was a fuckign disgrace. He basically came out and said: "£3m for Scotland's most prolific striker since Coisty/Larsson."

Absolutely no intention of sparking a fight for his services whatsoever.

if he does go what sort of figure will it take? i've got 6 million in my head. as guys in here have said before he's no euro experience, where as cuellar didnt look out of place playing at that level.

They are considering a bid of £3million, there's no way in hell they'll fork out £7-8million.

Says who?

I hate the situation we find ourselves in every year in regards to our key players, mainly defenders. We seem to just accept the first bid going for our key players or as others have stated there are clauses in these contracts which mean that if the player has one good season hes off for a minimal fee. As papaguy51 said we have to be looking for up to 10 million, we have to play hard ball with these teams and get the value we deserve for the players.

Says who?

I seen it somewhere, will try to find it.

This is direct from the SkySports Website:

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has warned off any potential suitors of Madjid Bougherra.

The Algerian defender has been strongly linked with a move to France of late, with Bordeaux leading the chase.

The Ligue 1 champions are reported to be preparing a £3million bid for the centre-half, but the Gers insists that will not be enough to force their hand.

Murray admits that were an 'unbelievable' offer to be made the SPL giants would have to reconsider their options, but insists that for now Bougherra is not for sale.

"We don't wish to accept offers for our good young players but if we get something unbelievable we would have to be realistic," Murray said in the Daily Record.

"We have no intention of selling our best talent. We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer well above our valuation we will consider it.

"Being honest, it was crucial to win the league. If we had not done so it would've hit us heavily financially."

Wish list

While Rangers remain defiant regarding Bougherra's future, Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has hinted that an approach is imminent.

"I spoke to Laurent (Blanc) the other day to get an idea of potential replacements for (Souleymane) Diawara and he gave me a list of four. Madjid Bougherra is on that list," he said.

I hate the situation we find ourselves in every year in regards to our key players, mainly defenders. We seem to just accept the first bid going for our key players or as others have stated there are clauses in these contracts which mean that if the player has one good season hes off for a minimal fee. As papaguy51 said we have to be looking for up to 10 million, we have to play hard ball with these teams and get the value we deserve for the players.

i do agree with most of what you said, but 10 million whats that based on.

This is direct from the SkySports Website:

Rangers chairman Sir David Murray has warned off any potential suitors of Madjid Bougherra.

The Algerian defender has been strongly linked with a move to France of late, with Bordeaux leading the chase.

The Ligue 1 champions are reported to be preparing a £3million bid for the centre-half, but the Gers insists that will not be enough to force their hand.

Murray admits that were an 'unbelievable' offer to be made the SPL giants would have to reconsider their options, but insists that for now Bougherra is not for sale.

"We don't wish to accept offers for our good young players but if we get something unbelievable we would have to be realistic," Murray said in the Daily Record.

"We have no intention of selling our best talent. We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer well above our valuation we will consider it.

"Being honest, it was crucial to win the league. If we had not done so it would've hit us heavily financially."

Wish list

While Rangers remain defiant regarding Bougherra's future, Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has hinted that an approach is imminent.

"I spoke to Laurent (Blanc) the other day to get an idea of potential replacements for (Souleymane) Diawara and he gave me a list of four. Madjid Bougherra is on that list," he said.

Cheers Jim. That would be ridiculous if we accepted that.

At this point, the tabloid's 'sources' are more trustworthy than the actual football clubs.

Comical really. The day the usual source of lies and conjecture turn out to be more reliable than the actual clubs they're talking about.

i do agree with most of what you said, but 10 million whats that based on.

I just think we should be getting a lot more for a player who consistently played well last year and the fact that if we came out and started demanding more we might get more instead of just accepting the first bid.