***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

SDM has said it would have to be silly money for us to sell our star players, hopefully this isn't Cuellar all over again. Bordeaux have said they have 4 players on their shortlist and wont be held to ransom over Boogie. Here's hoping SDM sticks to his word

I really hope so because I don't see them selling Boogie and replacing him like for like here the money would go to the overdraft

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDM has said it would have to be silly money for us to sell our star players, hopefully this isn't Cuellar all over again. Bordeaux have said they have 4 players on their shortlist and wont be held to ransom over Boogie. Here's hoping SDM sticks to his word

I really hope so because I don't see them selling Boogie and replacing him like for like here the money would go to the overdraft

We did last season. No one wants to loose boogie but he is replaceable and I think walter has more than proved he has the ability to find a good centre half.

I would imagine he has one or two lined up already

It will be up to Bougherra at the end of the day. How much would be a good offer though

Anything above £6million., he has no European experience.

If we do sell Bougherra we could buy Tonel (who has european and International experience) another center half and be better off financially and have a stronger squad.

Tonel is the likely replacement, but we could do with another CB to cover. If we get £6m for Boogie we should be able to buy two players but wages are a problem. As said Tonel has more experience but at what cost wages wise

Tonel is the likely replacement, but we could do with another CB to cover. If we get £6m for Boogie we should be able to buy two players but wages are a problem. As said Tonel has more experience but at what cost wages wise

But we have freed up wages with Hemdani & Ferguson (probably) going.

It's interesting, as he is completely unproven in European competition - so if we get a £7M+ offer, I'd bite their hand off to be honest. Cuellar had european experience with us and his former spanish club, and was a standout on our run to the eufa final. If Bougie stays, and has a Champions league howler with us (I hope not), will we be getting these 5,6 million offers come January?

He wont be on that much in Portugal.

We could probably satisfy him with £12-15k per week.

we would need Tonel more as a replacement for big Davie than Boogie....Davie will be a yard to slow for some of the forwards he will have to face in Europe and at home

martin stranzl from spartak moscow we were linked to him a while back for just over a million very good cb aswell,would like to see us persue someone like this a big strong cb

RANGERS will hold showdown talks with Madjid Bougherra next week amid fresh speculation that Bordeaux are ready to make a move for him.

The Ibrox club today confirmed there has been no formal offer for the defender from the French outfit, or anyone else.

However, Rangers have hinted that they anticipate a written offer for the player but have insisted that they won't sell unless the price is right.

"We have no received a bid or any official contact from Bordeaux," said Martin Bain, Rangers chief executive.

advertisement"We have been made aware from the player's agent that a bid is on its way but so far we have not received anything."

Quotes attributed to Bougherra which appeared in an Algerian newspaper suggest that he may be preparing to move on.

"I can't really say too much abut this," said the 26-year-old. "All I can say is that I do know that Bordeaux are interested in me.

"I expect this to be resolved next week after I have spoken to the people who are in charge at Rangers."

Ibrox supremo David Murray has insisted that he will only allow players to go if the money that is put down is agreeable.

"We don't wish to accept any offers for our good young players, but if we get anything that is unbelievable, then we have to be realistic," he said. "At this moment, we have no plans to sell our best talent. We are no different to any other club in that, if we receive an offer that is well above valuation, we have to consider it."

However, while Bordeaux have backtracked somewhat from their stance earlier in the week when they distanced themselves from speculation.

The French club's president, Jean-Louis Triaud, said: "We have not made any official offer to Rangers yet, but if we do, we will not be forced into a corner by them. Bougherra is one of the players Laurent Blanc has discussed but if he's too dear then we move on."

Rangers, meanwhile, have revealed that new shirt sales have broken all previous records with the club's megastore shifting 3000 new tops on the first day they went on sale yesterday.

It will be up to Bougherra at the end of the day. How much would be a good offer though

Anything above £6million., he has no European experience.

If we do sell Bougherra we could buy Tonel (who has european and International experience) another center half and be better off financially and have a stronger squad.

For me it would have to be 6M plus and two CBs brought in straightaway. Anything less and the fans are getting sold short. Gut feeling is we wont be seeing Boogie in a Rangers jersey again.

So much for L'Equipe being a load of shite then ;)

Always knew this would happen, so I won't be joining the crew to jump off a bridge when it does.

Let's get a good price and move on :)

if we get a good offer and boogie wants to leave then let him, he obviously isnt commited to this club if he is going to leave at the first chance and thats not the type of player a want at rangers.

a wouldnt say bordeaux are a bigger club than rangers, cos well there absolutly not. so if boogie wants to leave, let him

Anything less than £8m will be unacceptable.

I hope i am wrong but i don't see anyone playing over treble a players value for one good season in the SPL (which may be a good thing for us). 8 million would be a stunning piece of business but i just don't see it

I'd do the good old: "Bobby Zamora = £5m, Bougherra = £9m" trick :pipe: