I didn’t try to do you Edu

By ROBERT GRIEVE

Published: 21 Jul 2009

rigTeaserImage

GLENN LOOVENS has told Maurice Edu to shut it after he branded him a thug.

Rangers ace Edu accused the Celtic stopper of deliberately trying to injure him in the last Old Firm clash of the season and Loovens will appear before the SFA disciplinary committee in August as a result.

Loovens said: "If they decide to suspend me - which I don't think they are going to do - then it will be something I just have to deal with.

"But I didn't do it on purpose. It was just an accident. It all happened so quickly and I think they will realise that.

"But I will go there and tell them. What Edu said is his opinion, but he simply can't speak for what I am thinking.

"When you look at it in slow-motion it is always going to look worse, but it was a split second, I know what I was thinking and it definitely wasn't on purpose.

"That is why I am going to go and make sure I put across exactly what my intentions were.

"If I remember correctly he played on but the word malicious makes it sound like it was deliberate.

"I don't want to miss the start of the season so it is important I don't get suspended. I think I have been suspended once in my life and that says it all. I know what my thoughts are, I can only depend on that."

Loovens faces a ban if found guilty.

He's due to appear at Hampden on August 7, but Celtic have asked that the hearing is moved as they have a friendly clash with Manchester City on August 8.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...do-you-Edu.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck you Loovens, you knew exactly what you did.

Maurice Edu has something you'll never own; an SPL winners medal. Get that fucking round you.

I hope someone rattles him knee high!

Maurice Edu has something you'll never own; an SPL winners medal. Get that fucking round you.

I hope it's Edu.

Although I wouldn't mind a shot :pipe:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Loovens must be one of the worst defenders they have had at the girodome, glad we didn't get him!

Loovens said: "If they decide to suspend me - which I don't think they are going to do - then it will be something I just have to deal with."

Must be nice playing for Celtic, already knowing that you can get away with assault.

There is no 'accidently' about it - I honestly hope someone does him in, and puts him out of the game for a long time.

Glenn Loovens is a very dirty player; Maurice Edu, Lee Miller, Mark Kerr, and Stuart Lovell all know that. You can see it in his face when he goes into a challenge. It's time someone gave him a bit of his own medicine.

How I'd love to see a Gilles Binya or Lonel Ganea style tackle!

how the fuck can he deny it, after the challenge he put in on Edu you can cleary see him having a quick glance over to the ref incase the ref saw it...get to fuck loovens ya lying prick!

There is no 'accidently' about it - I honestly hope someone does him in, and puts him out of the game for a long time.

Glenn Loovens is a very dirty player; Maurice Edu, Lee Miller, Mark Kerr, and Stuart Lovell all know that. You can see it in his face when he goes into a challenge. It's time someone gave him a bit of his own medicine.

How I'd love to see a Gilles Binya or Lonel Ganea style tackle!

I second that!!! The fuckin queer wee bhead rattlin durty animal bastard!!!! Fuckin hope his ligament snaps beyond repair!!!!

It's the cellick way; spin, deny and deflect. They must put non-Paddies through a training course to learn their bitter ways.

The key word is 'spin'. This is a blatant attempt by the green spin doctors to alter the perceptions of the people who will decide on the matter. We'll see this sort of shit all over the press up until his supposed 'hearing'. If he gets away with this, there's absolutely no justice in Scottish football. I've watched the footage several times in slow mo & there's no way of getting out of what he did unless there's some prejudice & a lot of spinning involved. If we're supposed to be clamping down on dirty footballers, this dirty wannabe should be banned for at least a year.