Soto Kyrgiakos

gordov

He's meant to be close to joining Liverpool from AEK Athens, according to Skysports.com.

Great move for the big man so late in his career and good luck to him if it comes off!! Scored 2 in the League Cup Final against Motherwell and the winner against Porto in the Champions League!!

You canny slag Soti for maybe going to 'pool and on the next breath say oh Pistol Pete could do a job get him signed. they are what can only be described as mercenaries.

One is no better than the other, but if I had too choose it would be big Soti every time

Skysports.com understands Liverpool are closing in on a shock move for former Rangers defender Sotiris Kyrgiakos.

Liverpool are in the market for defensive reinforcements and it is believed they have lined up a move for AEK stopper Kyrgiakos.

The Reds have been linked with the likes of Stoke's Ryan Shawcross and Hull's Michael Turner, but Kyrgiakos appears to be a cheaper option for Rafa Benitez.

With reports of Benitez having his transfer budget restricted Liverpool have switched their attentions to Kyrgiakos and they are believed to have agreed a €3million (£2.5million) fee with AEK for the 30-year-old.

Kyrgiakos is understood to have said his goodbyes to his AEK team-mates and is now thought to be travelling to England to hold talks with Liverpool officials and undergo a medical

from what i remember when he initially joined us in jan 2005 on loan he was a rock at the back for the remainder of that season.

he then left in the summer to tout himself round europe and came back a few weeks later with his tail between his legs and was offered a contract by mcleish.

He was a totally different player when he came back,putting in some bertie konterman esque performances.

he isn't good enough for liverpool thats for sure but fair play to him if hes gets a contract.

Always liked him although could be a liability at times. Good luck to the big man!

A bit like Bougherra eh! Mr. C? :huh:

Emmm, no.

Absolutely nowhere near as good.

But you've just got it in for our best player. Why? I have no idea.

doh

Always liked him although could be a liability at times. Good luck to the big man!

A bit like Bougherra eh! Mr. C? :huh:

Emmm, no.

Absolutely nowhere near as good.

But you've just got it in for our best player. Why? I have no idea.

doh

:huh: No Idea where you're coming from son,I'm a huge fan of both Soto and Bougherra .By the way Kenny Miller is easily our best player. (tu)

RM in "smarter than Rafa Benitez" shocker :pipe:

He will do a turn for Liverpool. He's not exactly Paulo Maldini, but he is nowhere near as terrible as he is made out on here, much like a LOT of our former players that get pelters for some unknown reason.