Boyd Rejects Trabzonspor !

DavieMacRFC

IAN DURRANT hopes Kris Boyd can be part of Rangers for a long time after shooting down reports that he was on his way to foreign climes.

It had been suggested that Boyd was on his way to Berlin or Turkey with the transfer deadline looming but he is in Scotland on an SFA coaching course.

And Durrant would be thrilled if the prolific striker, who grabbed a double in Saturday's 4-1 win over Hamilton, could remain beyond the one year he has left on his contract.

Durrant said: "Some of the reports about him being in Berlin or maybe Turkey were interesting because he is actually doing a coaching course in Scotland with the SFA.

"He is here now and hopefully he is here beyond his current contract.

"He scores goals for us and wins games for Rangers so hopefully he can continue to do that.

"The hardest thing was finding a goal-scorer after Ally McCoist left. Rangers had a few bit-part players but it wasn't until Kris Boyd came along that the situation was changed.

"I guess it's going to be down to finances if he remains with the club long-term.

"I have known him since he was a kid at Kilmarnock and I would love him to be here but we will need to see.

"There a few factors, in terms of how far we go in Europe and new sponsorships so that will determine who comes and who stays."

Durrant also feels sure Boyd can contribute on the European stage after finding his opportunties limited during the amazing run two seasons ago.

He said: "I don't think he will have a better chance of playing in the Champions League due to the size of the squad and if he is scoring goals he will come into the manager's reckoning."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1783625,00.html

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a big difference in looking at a bid, and accepting it doh

See when a club keeps accepting transfers bids and even loan deals for the same player, it's a indication you are not part of the clubs long term plans. it's not hard to work out ;)

I'm sure Boyd gets that impression but as far as he's concerned he's every right to reject any move then reevaluate his options in January, as a Bosman signing he could get himself a lucrative contract elsewhere.

Boyd is well within his right to say to himself 'fuck Rangers, I'll do what's right for me'

Of course a player has that option, Hemdani took that option with us. Although he's found out it's hard to get a good club which is surprising.

Everybody different, Ferguson afterall just decided yeah i'll just move on and raise the club some cash etc.

Hemdani and Ferguson to a lesser extent perhaps weren't going to be getting games, Boyd still seems to very much be in Walter Smith's thoughts for match days and he's started scoring again.

If Ferguson stayed he would still be getting a game.

I'm not so sure, i think Smith himself began to prefer other options to Ferguson including Lee McCulloch even.

Just on SSN that Boyd rejected a loan deal to Trabzonspor.

One thing that worries me about this is... No new contract is getting offered and with Boyd in a way being "selfish" to help us out he's going to leave for nothing next season. So much for loving the club.... :rolleyes:

Even though Walter Smith said that no contracts have been looked out :rolleyes: How is it being selfish by rejecting a loan deal? Surely that would be more selfless because at least the club would get a fee.

I'm talking about him rejecting moving on like he's done in the past :rolleyes:

Because he loves the club. He wants to stay at his boyhood team and scores goals for us.

The club has made it clear, he is no longer part of the long term plans. Yes it's a bitter pill for anybody to take even Ferguson had to accept it, but for everybody's best interests if a bid comes from a good club he should just move on.

Do we really want a unhappy player in the camp, cause without a doubt he'll become frustrated when Europe comes around and speculation will hit fever pitch.

In a ideal situation we would have already tied him up with a new improved contract, but lets be honest this ain't a ideal situation at the moment when our club needs all the money we can get.

The club would accept bids for all of our players right now, does that mean that they are all no longer part of our long term plans? I don't think so.

Boyd would be happy if he got to stay and play for the majority of games. He knows there will be games when the manager will favour 4-5-1.

We haven't looked at the contracts yet until after the window shuts I guess so there is still plenty of time for Boyd to sign a new deal if he stays.

I don't think anyone's worried about the coming season in terms of Boyd.

I think he'll be here unless some club offers £1.5m-£2m and gives him a huge wage. The problem lies in the fact that as soon as the window closes, Boyd has the club by the balls in terms of what he can ask for in a new contract.

Footballers are businessmen, and make up a nasty duo alongside their agent(s). It's all fair and well saying he loves us etc, but he may well think he's been treated poorly by us and see it as his right to weight up every offer on the table.

I don't think the blame lies with Boyd here, it's all to do with the club.

I know what you mean and maybe it's me being naive but I genuinely don't think Boyd would try and demand a lot more money when he knows that the club are in a dire financial situation.

He was treated poorly in January but came back and scored goals so I don't think thats a problem as he always deals with it by scoring goals. Burley dropped him, he scored goals for fun for Rangers. Is nearly forced out in January, scores vital goals that played their part in Rangers winning the title.

Definitely, the mis-management has caused this.

"There a few factors, in terms of how far we go in Europe and new sponsorships so that will determine who comes and who stays."

That's not really what I want to be hearing from Durrant.

Fucking hell.

Time to be straight about it - we're in a bit of a financial crisis here, aren't we?

Durrant said: "Some of the reports about him being in Berlin or maybe Turkey were interesting because he is actually doing a coaching course in Scotland with the SFA.

Boyd the...manager? (in years to come)

Of course a player has that option, Hemdani took that option with us. Although he's found out it's hard to get a good club which is surprising.

Everybody different, Ferguson afterall just decided yeah i'll just move on and raise the club some cash etc.

Boyd's game time is better than Hemdani's, if he decides to stay he'll play more often than not. It's a totally different situation to anyone who has been allowed to leave the club in recent months.

I believe Smith doesn't rate him and to a certain extent I agree with the manager, not being played in the bigger games must be frustrating for Boyd but IMO it's understandable. However, his record against other opposition can not be questioned and he will be a valuable player in the title race.

The fact that we are willing to allow him to leave for nothing just to make a 12 month saving on his wages suggests there are BIG problems at our club.

It's obvious Walter doesn't rate him, but Boyd keeps asking questions and all credit to him.

Without a doubt Walter has the hardest job in World Football right now, and he's looked the squad and decided that Boyd is one player he could live without.

Our financial situation is extremely worrying, it seem we just have our heads above water. I've said this many times, but I'm just grateful we won the league last season. Cause i hate to think what situation we would have been in.

No way we would sell Bougherra, Mendes or Davis for £2million.

How can you be so sure ?

I sway that way as well, but if we are willing to let our most prolific striker leave for nothing then what suggests to you that out top players wont be allowed to leave for a couple of million ?

I suppose it all depends on who at Rangers is making the decisions. From where I'm sitting no matter who it is at the club no extensions are on the table, I believe that's the same for McCoist, Smith and Boyd.

Scary stuff if you ask me.

There's no way we'd sell any of the above at a loss.

Yep i can see the logic behind Boyd, but if any of the above players i mention go for a loss then that's a major indication we are in the shit.

We can forget any players coming in during January aswell. I wouldn't be suprised if one of our better players are moved on, especially if we get put out of Europe.

Shambles!

....David Healy in on a season's long loan. Makes perfect sense. Can score goals at the highest level, and would run his guts out for the jersey. I know it's been said before, but what do you think? I for one would love it. We can't afford to lose 30 goals a season and not replace him, no matter how skint we are.

One thing that worries me about this is... No new contract is getting offered and with Boyd in a way being "selfish" to help us out he's going to leave for nothing next season. So much for loving the club.... :rolleyes:

Even though Walter Smith said that no contracts have been looked out :rolleyes: How is it being selfish by rejecting a loan deal? Surely that would be more selfless because at least the club would get a fee.

Because he loves the club. He wants to stay at his boyhood team and scores goals for us.

The club has made it clear, he is no longer part of the long term plans. Yes it's a bitter pill for anybody to take even Ferguson had to accept it, but for everybody's best interests if a bid comes from a good club he should just move on.

Do we really want a unhappy player in the camp, cause without a doubt he'll become frustrated when Europe comes around and speculation will hit fever pitch.

In a ideal situation we would have already tied him up with a new improved contract, but lets be honest this ain't a ideal situation at the moment when our club needs all the money we can get.

The club would accept bids for all of our players right now, does that mean that they are all no longer part of our long term plans? I don't think so.

Boyd would be happy if he got to stay and play for the majority of games. He knows there will be games when the manager will favour 4-5-1.

We haven't looked at the contracts yet until after the window shuts I guess so there is still plenty of time for Boyd to sign a new deal if he stays.

I think he'll be here unless some club offers £1.5m-£2m and gives him a huge wage. The problem lies in the fact that as soon as the window closes, Boyd has the club by the balls in terms of what he can ask for in a new contract.

Footballers are businessmen, and make up a nasty duo alongside their agent(s). It's all fair and well saying he loves us etc, but he may well think he's been treated poorly by us and see it as his right to weight up every offer on the table.

I know what you mean and maybe it's me being naive but I genuinely don't think Boyd would try and demand a lot more money when he knows that the club are in a dire financial situation.

He was treated poorly in January but came back and scored goals so I don't think thats a problem as he always deals with it by scoring goals. Burley dropped him, he scored goals for fun for Rangers. Is nearly forced out in January, scores vital goals that played their part in Rangers winning the title.

Don't be naive all footballers want more money, especially strikers.

....David Healy in on a season's long loan. Makes perfect sense. Can score goals at the highest level, and would run his guts out for the jersey. I know it's been said before, but what do you think? I for one would love it. We can't afford to lose 30 goals a season and not replace him, no matter how skint we are.

What makes you think Healy would score 30 goals a season up here? not really done much recently.

In both games he had clear cut chances and in both games he blew them.

So thats that is it? Two chances, and you don't get to play that game every season ever again?

So we forget about the 'greatest game he's ever had in a rangers shirt' (without scoring), the link up play, his pass that led to miller, who crossed it for the goal etc etc

We just focus on the fact he didn't scored against them in that game? But when it comes to talking negative about Boyd, we claim the opposite...? He might score, but it's just papering over the cracks..

:lol:

:ph34r: still no answer, i'll assume you had nothing to say..

What I don't get is we pay what, £3.5 million for Lafferty, yet are willing to get rid of Boyd for £1.5 - 4 million depending on who you believe. Lafferty won't get as many goals in 2 seasons as Boyd does in 1. Even if Lafferty scores as many as Boyd we'll be lucky to pap him on for what we paid for him.

We've got a proven goalscorer in Boyd in the league, and the league is the important factor here. Europe is just a nice diversion, but we need to keep winning the league to guarantee the millions from the Champions League and Boyd helps us win the league with his 20+ goals a season. Lafferty won't, Velicka won't, Miller won't.

David Healy isn't the answer. Time to go a different route than all this mediocrity from Northern Ireland (bar Davis).

Irrespective if you love Kris or not.. The man's attitude towards the GERS is first class. He loves the team, wants to play there forever -- and clearly has passed up a bigger payday down south and probably elsewhere in order to play for The Rangers.

So.. Kris Boyd -- I salute you. :clap:

What I don't get is we pay what, £3.5 million for Lafferty, yet are willing to get rid of Boyd for £1.5 - 4 million depending on who you believe. Lafferty won't get as many goals in 2 seasons as Boyd does in 1. Even if Lafferty scores as many as Boyd we'll be lucky to pap him on for what we paid for him.

We've got a proven goalscorer in Boyd in the league, and the league is the important factor here. Europe is just a nice diversion, but we need to keep winning the league to guarantee the millions from the Champions League and Boyd helps us win the league with his 20+ goals a season. Lafferty won't, Velicka won't, Miller won't.

Exactly.

Lafferty was a poor buy at £3.5 million, he is nowhere near worth that, and hasn't showed anything to me to prove he's worth a starting place at the front as a striker in front of Boyd, Miller or Novo.

When was the last time anyone saw David Healy play?

He is absolutely brutal....if we can't afford to keep Boyd, then how the hell could we afford a loan deal for Healy?

Don't be naive all footballers want more money, especially strikers.

Everybody wants more money to provide a better life for their families and them themselves but there is a difference asking for more money for what you deserve and demanding more without just cause. If the club says "we can't afford to pay you any more", Boyd won't storm out and leave.