Rangers CL Terrestrial black out

grahamteuchter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty disappointing. For me, all it will do is speed up me getting my arse in gear to get Sky Sports. I've been meaning to get it this season for the donestic games anyway, just haven't got round to it yet. It's a kick in the teeth for a lot of people though.

I get sky in on Tuesday, but i'm going to the Champs League so this doesn't bother me,but the people who aren't it is Pish.

you going to the away games aswell then I take it?

Does that mean some games may be unavaliable to those on Virgin Media?

I have Sky Sports but can't use the red button on Sky Sports.. Will Rangers games always be the prime game on one of the channels?

Pass Alan.

livesportontv.com says that the game is on Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports HD3, I presume that if it's on HD3, it'll be on sky sports 3 as well.

Does that mean some games may be unavaliable to those on Virgin Media?

I have Sky Sports but can't use the red button on Sky Sports.. Will Rangers games always be the prime game on one of the channels?

Pass Alan.

livesportontv.com says that the game is on Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports HD3, I presume that if it's on HD3, it'll be on sky sports 3 as well.

Legend (tu)

Makes no difference at all.

Game will be on sky and sky are far superior to ITV anyway.

How does it no make any difference doh

What about the folk without Sky?

There will be links, pub, friends houses.

The game will be shown on TV. If you really want to see it, you will.

Still makes a difference though doh

Still makes a difference though doh

What I should have said is "It makes no difference to me"

The game is being shown and I will, like many others watch it on sky.

It would be a much bigger deal if it was a complete TV blackout.

All Rangers games are on Sky/ESPN anyway. The majority of fans will have Sky or have a location where they can go and watch it.

A spokesman said: "We are a commercial broadcaster for the whole UK and the predominant factor is which game is going to have the greatest appeal to our audience."

And you have a SCOTTISH Channel, surely it would make sense to put a SCOTTISH team on it doh

Firstly, this will have absolutely no affect on the 3 home games, as they are all on Tuesday's and ITV's 1 game out of the 16 each week are all on Wednesday's.

With ITV choosing either Liverpool or Arsenal for the 3 nights when we are in action away from home, this leaves SKY with the other 7 games to show.

SKY show 2 games live on Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports Extra, and the other 5 live via the red button.

As there are 3 British teams playing on those nights, and one of those has been chosen by ITV, this leaves SKY the happy option of showing the two other British clubs on their main shows, and the non_British games on the red button.

Add to that the fact that there coverage is a million times better than STV could ever dream of producing, this is good news for bears with SKY access.

For those bears without SKY, what were you going to do for the home games anyway, and what have you done in past years when the same situation has arisen. Friends, family, pub, club, dodgy internet feeds, there are many options available.

What a fucking shocking decision. Scottish have been showing scottish only games for years in the Champs Leagues if we qualify to a scottish audience only. I don't give a fuck about watching Liverpool or Chelsea in Europe.

THose of you saying Sky is better anyway, what about the vast majority of us without it?

I hope someone at the club takes on ITV on this because this sells out a lot of us.

EDIT: just read the above I assumed no games were being shown but showing the home games is better than nothing.

This is STV's policy of dumping ITV scheduled shows coming back to haunt them.

STV are having financial arguments with ITV so i think this is ITV's way bitch slapping them & showing who's boss.