Who will you be supporting at the world cup?

alstone

I am one who has never understood the whole biased English media thing. In my opinion Scotland is worse and at least England actualy have decent commentators and pundits instead of knobs like Pat Nevein and Craig Levein.

"A'h but they iways mention 1966" I hear use cry. I don't think in a build up to one single Scotland game there hasn't been a mention of Archie Gemmil scoring that fucking goal against Holland and that was only a goal, imagine our press if we won the World Cup.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who plays england ;)

Pretty much.

One does wonder why you are such a fan of the Union Flag though if you don't want England to do well?

what gain does it do to the Union if England win the world cup?

Loads.

like...

I am one who has never understood the whole biased English media thing. In my opinion Scotland is worse and at least England actualy have decent commentators and pundits instead of knobs like Pat Nevein and Craig Levein.

"A'h but they iways mention 1966" I hear use cry. I don't think in a build up to one single Scotland game there hasn't been a mention of Archie Gemmil scoring that fucking goal against Holland and that was only a goal, imagine our press if we won the World Cup.

If you watched every game in Euro 08 you would see it. Every single game that was on all they did was talk about England and they werni even there ffs. The only time I was happy to see MON as he was ripping into them :lol:

:lol: :lol:

So true. (tu)

Exactly man, that whole 'I don't hate England I hate the commentators' or 'they're always going on about 1966' stuff always strikes me as a way of legitimising a resentment of England and their relative success. Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that, as for most people it's just a sporting thing and what use is football if you can't hate your rivals?

I still want England to do well though, although I'm not above a schadenfreudic chuckle if they fuck up in spectacular style a la Romania or Croatia :pipe:

the frustrating thing is america are ten times the team scotland are but none of their supporters give a fuck!!!!

Change that to country! haha

it will catch on big time in america - within our life time america will become the greatest footballing nation and the rest of the world will hate them more

That's because they'll refuse to call the sport by its proper name.

the frustrating thing is america are ten times the team scotland are but none of their supporters give a fuck!!!!

Change that to country! haha

it will catch on big time in america - within our life time america will become the greatest footballing nation and the rest of the world will hate them more

That's because they'll refuse to call the sport by its proper name.

Damn right.