***The Official Rangers v Unirea Urziceni Thread***

Muff

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Boyd or McCulloch please!

If anyone suggest either of they two i will be dissopointed, though im a fan of boyd this is not the time for him to be played, we realy need a win in this game if we want to progress. Wouldnt mind him comming on later, but i think we need the energy and pace in the team for this one, excluding mr Weir :lol:

and this is also my 1000th post :D Aha long time comming :(

No Boyd or McCulloch please!

If anyone suggest either of they two i will be dissopointed, though im a fan of boyd this is not the time for him to be played, we realy need a win in this game if we want to progress. Wouldnt mind him comming on later, but i think we need the energy and pace in the team for this one, excluding mr Weir :lol:

and this is also my 1000th post :D Aha long time comming :(

You would think Boyd would learn to work on his game after watching pretty much all of our European ties since he joined from the bench

and this is my 500th post

only took me 2 years :craphead:

The number of people starting Lafferty. :anguish:

i only started him cause i thought rothen wasnt to good today. Wouldnt like to see that form in a champions league game, or laffertys form but i think he has the pace to give there defence problems

My god, why are people wanting to see Wylde, Beasley and McCulloch play in such an important game?

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:mendes:

:novo: :davis: :Naismith:

:boyd: :miller:

Now that Boyd has got a goal his confidence will be quite high I reckon, and with the likes of Miller, Novo, Davis and Naismith providing good feeds for Boyd I am confident he will get a goal or maybe an assist at best

If we were winning by a goal around maybe the 60 min+ mark I would play this from my team,

:novo: :mendes: :davis: :miller:

:Naismith:

:boyd:

Just to make sure we can keep possesion, no long balls, and when on the attack make sure Miller and Novo go up and support Naismith and Boyd and push Davis up the midfield and keep Mendes back to cover in midfield.

And if Boyd is playing bad at that time, swap him with Naismith and bring Fleck on for the AM role.

If we were winning by a goal around maybe the 60 min+ mark I would play this from my team,

Just to make sure we can keep possesion, no long balls, and when on the attack make sure Miller and Novo go up and support Naismith and Boyd and push Davis up the midfield and keep Mendes back to cover in midfield.

And if Boyd is playing bad at that time, swap him with Naismith and bring Fleck on for the AM role.

If were winning and want to keep possesion i think it would have to be lafferty or miller up top, lafferty is alot better at holding the ball up than boyd i would say. and he can also run it defenders if hes not got alot of support, same with miller

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:

:davis::mendes::thomson:

:novo::miller::Naismith:

I wish.

Exactly the team I'd go for, but Davie Weir would need a good ticking off pre-match in terms of lugging the ball up the park to no-one.

:alexander:

:rothen: :mendes: :thomson: :davis: :beasley:

:beasley: doh

:davis: :thomson: :mendes:

:miller: :boyd: :Naismith:

lets go for it!

If were winning and want to keep possesion i think it would have to be lafferty or miller up top, lafferty is alot better at holding the ball up than boyd i would say. and he can also run it defenders if hes not got alot of support, same with miller

They are quite similar but I wouldn't play Lafferty as he will lose the ball more than Boyd and give away more free-kicks because he strays offside to much, Boyd on the other hand is better at staying onside.