***The Official Rangers v Unirea Urziceni Thread***

Muff

If we were winning by a goal around maybe the 60 min+ mark I would play this from my team,

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:novo: :mendes: :davis: :miller:

:Naismith:

:boyd:

Just to make sure we can keep possesion, no long balls, and when on the attack make sure Miller and Novo go up and support Naismith and Boyd and push Davis up the midfield and keep Mendes back to cover in midfield.

And if Boyd is playing bad at that time, swap him with Naismith and bring Fleck on for the AM role.

If were winning and want to keep possesion i think it would have to be lafferty or miller up top, lafferty is alot better at holding the ball up than boyd i would say. and he can also run it defenders if hes not got alot of support, same with miller

They are quite similar but I wouldn't play Lafferty as he will lose the ball more than Boyd and give away more free-kicks because he strays offside to much, Boyd on the other hand is better at staying onside.

To be honest i'd rather not play any of them in recent form but i think we need a big player upfront. And after seeing lafferty vs poland in the World Cup for N.Ireland he proved he is worth his price tag, he proved he could easily do this job for us in the Champions League, its just form, and his team mates also thats worrying.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were winning by a goal around maybe the 60 min+ mark I would play this from my team,

:novo: :mendes: :davis: :miller:

:Naismith:

:boyd:

Just to make sure we can keep possesion, no long balls, and when on the attack make sure Miller and Novo go up and support Naismith and Boyd and push Davis up the midfield and keep Mendes back to cover in midfield.

And if Boyd is playing bad at that time, swap him with Naismith and bring Fleck on for the AM role.

If were winning and want to keep possesion i think it would have to be lafferty or miller up top, lafferty is alot better at holding the ball up than boyd i would say. and he can also run it defenders if hes not got alot of support, same with miller

They are quite similar but I wouldn't play Lafferty as he will lose the ball more than Boyd and give away more free-kicks because he strays offside to much, Boyd on the other hand is better at staying onside.

To be honest i'd rather not play any of them in recent form but i think we need a big player upfront. And after seeing lafferty vs poland in the World Cup for N.Ireland he proved he is worth his price tag, he proved he could easily do this job for us in the Champions League, its just form, and his team mates also thats worrying.

Well in recent form Boyd just scored a goal, pathetic it may sound because it was against St Johnstone but his confidence should be very high now, and now we have a shitty Romanian team who are 4th in their league to play, Boyd should be in his element.

As for Lafferty imo he is one of many overrated players in the squad, he scores against Poland and everyone hypes him up, I did and I won't deny it, but after his return he hasn't kept up this form and I think one of the main reasons he was so hyped was because it was Boruc he scored against, any other keeper bar world class ones, no one would of hyped him up as much as he got.

I think we will see;

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:mcculloch:

:davis: :mendes: :thomson: :Naismith:

:miller:

I think we will see that aswell or maybe Thomson and McCulloch being swapped

:Naismith: :davis: :mendes: :thomson: :rothen:
:miller:

I would obviously be having rothen and naismith pushing forward as much as possible more like a 4-3-3

I'll probably get slaughtered for miller but i think this could be his kind of game.
Although i would be in favour of playing novo on the right from the start and swapping naismith for miller as the wee man did a good job against sevilla considering.

I'd play:

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::ssmith:

:davis::mendes::thomson:

:novo::miller::Naismith:

Need to have a right good go at this mob.

Need to start brightly and attack from kick off.

Why drop Papac for Smith? <cr>

I dont know how to get those player face-cards in my post so il just type the team I think Walter will send out....

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

Thomson

Naismith Davis Mendes Rothen

Miller

We just need to attack from the off, dont give Urea a moments rest. We should look for several goals, to try and rectify the ugly goal difference from the Sevilla game

I think we'll batter them on Tuesday night if we don't underestimate them, and go out with a bit of positivity. Watched them this season, and they are garbage. If we play like we did in the 1st half of the Sevilla game, and 2nd half of the Stuttgart games, then I can see us giving them 3, 4 or 5. Their defence is minging!

An average Romanian team.

:bougherra:

:bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra:

:bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra:

:bougherra: :bougherra:

subs: :bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra: :bougherra:

Lets see if his taxi gets him to the stadium in time (tu)

haha ye thats right otherwise we might have to mix that team up a little bit :lol: