What Is Your Proudest Day In Rangers History ?

ScottBogle

yes im in a similar boat to yourself in the sense that i am relatively young and so don't have too many outstanding moments to choose from. but as a single moment, i was near enough brought to tears when Nacho Novo slotted in that winning penalty against Fiorentina.

But as a day and as an occasion, taking the whole season into consideration to arrive at an amazing climax, the last day of the season last season winning 3-0 at Tannadice and bringing the trophy back to Ibrox was very very special.

Also possibly the 2002 Scottish cup final as a one-off game too

Proudest Day has to be Manchester.

I remember standing in Albert Square about 2 pm, sun shining, and all you could see was Rangers fans.

Whatever happens with Walter Smith and the bunh of bawbags at our club right now (Whittaker etc)

I am forever grateful for that one day. Without doubt the greatest day of my life so far :) ( am only 19 lol )

I did not see one bit of trouble all day for the record.

And have to admit i couldnt stop the tears flowing when i was in the stadium as soon as that second goal went in.

A mixture of Pride and Heartbreak.

Manchester 08 <3

Nothing will EVER compare to winning the 1972 European Cup winners Cup !!! Manchester was great BUT I knew we wouldn't win thanks to Walter so I had that lingering. But 1972, we played some great stuff and beat some great footballing institutions, getting battered bout the head off a spanish police officer was a low point of that trip though for me. Truth is, the Barca fans were cheering with every punch we landed on Franco's children. Greatest day in our history with the eyes of the footballing world upon us.

One of my favourite nights was when both us and them were playing on the same night in Europe, Glasgow was mental that night.

Also watching Jim Forrest rattle home week after week was a great series of memories for me as a child. Wnning the league at Celtic Park was also amazing.....fuck......really, I'd be here all night, 50 years of watching the gers and 50 years of pride, even in the dark days......well they only led to pride in how we bounced back and continued to restore our dominance year upon year.

Europe is always the place for me though, Scottish football has only ever been utter pish, we've only ever faced two decent Celtic teams in this league aswell, the one in the 60's and grudgingly the Larsson team.....but other than that were talking 80 years of sheer and utter dominance.........truly......the greatest club in the world.

Last season at Ibrox when they brought the title back, the turnout was out of this world.

And that night in Florence is a close runner up.

Two great moments in my life i will never forget.

Thank you Rangers Football Club I hope there are many more to come (tu)

Nothing will EVER compare to winning the 1972 European Cup winners Cup !!! Manchester was great BUT I knew we wouldn't win thanks to Walter so I had that lingering. But 1972, we played some great stuff and beat some great footballing institutions, getting battered bout the head off a spanish police officer was a low point of that trip though for me. Truth is, the Barca fans were cheering with every punch we landed on Franco's children. Greatest day in our history with the eyes of the footballing world upon us.

One of my favourite nights was when both us and them were playing on the same night in Europe, Glasgow was mental that night.

Also watching Jim Forrest rattle home week after week was a great series of memories for me as a child. Wnning the league at Celtic Park was also amazing.....fuck......really, I'd be here all night, 50 years of watching the gers and 50 years of pride, even in the dark days......well they only led to pride in how we bounced back and continued to restore our dominance year upon year.

Europe is always the place for me though, Scottish football has only ever been utter pish, we've only ever faced two decent Celtic teams in this league aswell, the one in the 60's and grudgingly the Larsson team.....but other than that were talking 80 years of sheer and utter dominance.........truly......the greatest club in the world.

That should be the proudest moment for anyone old enough (tu) but strangely for me it was beating Bayern in the semi, atmosphere great German team etc.

I suppose I say that because I never made it to Barcelona, couldn't get my provi cheque through in time :P only got to see the highlights on the telly later that night, I envy you mate (tu)

Ibrox v Motherwell 1976.( my first game)

Celtic park Aug 80 we won 2-1 in the last few minutes.....go on Alex Miller

Ibrox v Inter milan 1985 ( we beat an outstanding side 3-1)

Ibrox v Kiev 1987....ear drum bleeding

Ibrox v Beggars 1989..Mo scoring in 89th minute

Ibrox v Leeds 1992...noisy

Tannadice 1997 (9 in a row)

Seville v Porto 2003(fuckin hilarious watching them greet)

Florence 2008 V Fiorentina (Novo's pen)

Manchester 2008(the Tuesday and the Wednesday will live with me forever)

Just some of my many highlights.

Mine has to be when wee nach had stepped up and done his big sigh and just slotted the ball away from frey. However during that shootout, when sasa scored i just knew it was going to be our night.

Domesticly as the Goat says Parkhead 3-0 wham bam thank you mam! It will never be beaten.

The best girfuy moment was on "the real helicopter sunday" In the boozer one manky rancid tramp sat there he whole game with a fuckin daft grin 3 mins later he was gone and knowhere to be seen. Bottles were flying and a fucked ma head of the big screen, but that day ensured Scott Mcdonald would be the best non Rangers player to ever have won us the leauge

Manchester was the greatest day of my life, sat in the stadium for 10 minutes after greeting my eyes out, but more out of pride than sadness.

9IAR was amazing too even though I was only young but I remember my dad lifting the boy beside us up in the air and his dad lifting me and us all cheering.

Getting to the last 16, the noise in the stadium.

Barca in the CL when we held them to a draw, Derry's Walls at the start was fucking outstanding.

Novo's goal in the cup final last year, his first touch of the ball.

Strangely I remember well the night the guy ran on with the pope t-shirt and tried to handcuff himself to the goal post, the whole broomloan stand belting Rule Brittania.

Osasuna with the polis battering everyone, my first euro trip.

Negri scoring 5 goals

50 league titles, my dad almost got lifted for giving me champagne in the pub in North Carolina.

4-2 against the t**** was good too.

The last game of the season when we were presented with the league trophy in 1987, under Souness after a 9 year wait (had last won league in 78)!!! was a fantastic feeling i was in the old enclosure and got crushed with the surge of fans trying to get onto the pitch to celebrate!!!! Next thing i know is someone has flicked my legs in the air and i was lying on the ash track!!

Tears of joy will never forget............

Piggery 1999 - Winning the league at the piggery, can't remember much of the game though :(

Hampden 2002 - Lovenkrands sticking away that last minute winner :praise:

Manchester 08 - Stood in a bar near the ground, full of drink, I was in tears when they scored that second goal, fucking great day though.

Dundee 09 - Winning the league at Tannadice, I went crazy went Lafferty stuck the 1st one away.