Can this forum improve?

Muirheadbear

I know a lot of good posters stopped coming here or at least contributing articles after BlueDignity inexplicably got made admin.

BlueDignity is a good guy and a real bear, do you mean the undercover tims stopped posting as Blue could spot them a mile away. :D

This (tu):mutley:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A wee explanation of what website director is:-

Website directors don't directly take to do with the moderation or admin of the site (although if they wish to they can). Instead they are promoted to this role due to expressing an interest in helping the site. They are prominent supporters, with good links within RSC's, and/or with the club/various organisations, that can offer the site something outwith the internet or perform a sort of consultancy role. With regards to BD, he's a well connected guy who can help us out from time to time.

Maybe explanations like this about the forum and how decisions are made would go a long to help avoid some confusion. :clap:

Website directors don't directly take to do with the moderation or admin of the site (although if they wish to they can). Instead they are promoted to this role due to expressing an interest in helping the site. They are prominent supporters, with good links within RSC's, and/or with the club/various organisations, that can offer the site something outwith the internet or perform a sort of consultancy role. With regards to BD, he's a well connected guy who can help us out from time to time.

Maybe explanations like this about the forum and how decisions are made would go a long to help avoid some confusion. :clap:

All people had to do was ask rather than jump to conclusions :P:D

:praise:

I know a lot of good posters stopped coming here or at least contributing articles after BlueDignity inexplicably got made admin.

BlueDignity is a good guy and a real bear, do you mean the undercover tims stopped posting as Blue could spot them a mile away. :D

:lol:

Well, as he calls everyone that doesn't have the same view as him a Tim, he's bound to be right occasionally, isn't he?

:praise:

Well, as he calls everyone that doesn't have the same view as him a Tim, he's bound to be right occasionally, isn't he?

Law of averages haha

There must have been more than a few unhappy chappies when BD got his promotion. Radlor's right, some have gone and some lay low for a while but, unfortunately they're back again. As BD says "you can't kid a kidder" (tu)

Did you read the explanation of the roll that BD follows?

There must have been more than a few unhappy chappies when BD got his promotion. Radlor's right, some have gone and some lay low for a while but, unfortunately they're back again. As BD says "you can't kid a kidder" (tu)

Yes I did, and that could explain why they're back again, when they also realised what it meant.

Yes I did, and that could explain why they're back again, when they also realised what it meant.

Possibly, but they would have had to come back first to find out! :lol:

I said some lay low for a while....lurking in other words. :rolleyes:

I said some lay low for a while....lurking in other words. :rolleyes:

Should set up a work ethics questionairre which everyone has to complete before being allowed to post, that would show a lot of them up.

Question 1 - What sort of work do you do now, and what have you done in the past?

If the answer is "Work?" then they can't post and get banned. :D

Question 2 - What is your favourite flavour of potato crisp?

If the answer is "We dinnae eat tatties now", then it's fuck off and go home whilst banning.

Question 3 - What type of soap do you use?

If the answer is, "Wit's soap?" then they can fuck of the dirty T*** f***** bastards and get banned.

ok I'll urge all 17,000 members to PM you in future. :D

ok I'll urge all 17,000 members to PM you in future. :D

Nah PM CR he'd love that :D

One way to improve would be setting a time limit of 2months on people accounts, if you don't post on the forum then the account disappears.

It's would get rid of so many lurkers.

Nothing against lurkers though. Some people like to read and not post. That's their prerogative, indeed, the site has received plenty of donations from lurkers and very infrequent posters (but long time members).

Sure plenty of lurkers maybe timmy but again, I'd rather keep bears being able to view with a few unknown tims lurking, than disallow some bears access to prevent a few possible tims lurking.

You can read the OP though without signing in, so no need to have a account if you don't have a opinion to share.

One way to improve would be setting a time limit of 2months on people accounts, if you don't post on the forum then the account disappears.

And maybe a delay on the sing up process. Timmy will sign up in most cases as a knee jerk reaction to something that's happened. IE, OF match. So, if the site sign up process was set up to wait a day or two, they would have probably lost interest by then.

Nothing against lurkers though. Some people like to read and not post. That's their prerogative, indeed, the site has received plenty of donations from lurkers and very infrequent posters (but long time members).

Sure plenty of lurkers maybe timmy but again, I'd rather keep bears being able to view with a few unknown tims lurking, than disallow some bears access to prevent a few possible tims lurking.

Never understood how so many can lurke and not post.

And maybe a delay on the sing up process. Timmy will sign up in most cases as a knee jerk reaction to something that's happened. IE, OF match. So, if the site sign up process was set up to wait a day or two, they would have probably lost interest by then.

There are certain times when a new account has to be validated but it can be a lengthy process if no admin is available to activate the account, this can have an adverse effect on new members who are genuinely supporters as they also can't post.

One of my biggest gripes is the *sniff sniff* posting attitude at times even when members of staff and other members of the board are fully aware that they are Rangers supporters, if there is someone sticking out like a soar thumb members must remember that staff can't be in every single thread every minute of the day and that's why there is a report button, all posts etc that are reported are investigated.

I hate the sniff sniff thing.

I'm all for keeping a bear, no matter how much of a handwringer or tim you might think they are. A bear is a bear. Benefit of the doubt is always given, until it's proven to a point the member is a tim.

Other folk get banned for crossing the line, ie somebody like Bauba, guy was deffo a bear, but.... cheered on QotS in last seasons cup final..... You don't do that.

Now THERE is something for the debating chamber mate.

You SURE Bauba was a Bear? :lol: