Ignacio Javier Gómez Novo

papaguy51

Nacho Novo  

443 members have voted

1. 1. Hall of Fame material?

• Yes
    • No

Its a big yes for me! the hall of fame for me is not just about footballing ability but people who have made a massive ling, lasting impact on the club. I think it would be hard to find someone that is more of a Rangers man than Nacho - he is a true blue. I'd love to see him go on to make 300 appearances and more. While he's always been in and out of the team he has always been, in the words of our club badge "Aye Ready"

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

The HOF is what it is and we can only judge potential entrants on who is already included.

And on that basis, Novo has done a lot more for Glasgow Rangers than Ray Wilkins or Stefan Klos ever did. He's not as good a player, but does that matter when you consider what he's (sometimes single-handedly) achieved for our club? I'd say no.

Nacho Novo should be inducted because of his achievements at the club during his time here and what he means to the fans...

Thats all there is to say, shouldn't matter that you ain't the best player or the biggest name.

It's as simple as this - He's made 252 appearances for the club (more than twice as many as Wilkins, it's worth noting), he's scored countless important goals (almost one in ten have been against Celtic by the way), including ones that directly led to trophies or massive results (let us never forget Helicopter Sunday, Florence or that incredible goal in the cup final) and he loves the club with every fibre in his heart and soul. More importantly that love has been reciprocated by the supporters of the club. Even if it wasn't for the fact that there are already members who clearly do not meet the stated requirements of a Hall of Famer, however brilliant they might have been, Nacho would be deserving of being the exception to the rule. As it is, Wilkins was only here for 2 seasons and Bobby Russell, John Brown and Klos never won a cap. If these players are deemed, quite rightly, to be worthy of the honour in spite of not ticking one or two of the boxes, so is Novo, without question, and I will fight any cunt who disagrees :pipe:

It's as simple as this - He's made 252 appearances for the club (more than twice as many as Wilkins, it's worth noting), he's scored countless important goals (almost one in ten have been against Celtic by the way), including ones that directly led to trophies or massive results (let us never forget Helicopter Sunday, Florence or that incredible goal in the cup final) and he loves the club with every fibre in his heart and soul. More importantly that love has been reciprocated by the supporters of the club. Even if it wasn't for the fact that there are already members who clearly do not meet the stated requirements of a Hall of Famer, however brilliant they might have been, Nacho would be deserving of being the exception to the rule. As it is, Wilkins was only here for 2 seasons and Bobby Russell, John Brown and Klos never won a cap. If these players are deemed, quite rightly, to be worthy of the honour in spite of not ticking one or two of the boxes, so is Novo, without question, and I will fight any cunt who disagrees :pipe:

(tu)

Well said :lol:

From a man who has seen Legends play for Rangers since 1953,I have no qualms about Nacho being added to the HOF.

Certainly not the best player we have ever had in my time, but then again, take a look at that list VERY closely and study the form of some of the players that are in there and if you still say that Nacho doesn't fit the requirements, then I'm afraid that whole Hall of fame list should be reconsidered.

As a footnote,I'd like to ask this question....Should a Rangers player who only played 93 League games for us and then later went on to play for C*ltic where he won his only League Championship medal and also celebrated a Scottish Cup victory over us playing for the scum be in the Hall of fame while Nacho is considered to 'Not fit the criteria'?

he should be added to the HOF but for the people who say he shouldnt why not do something else for him cause he deserves recognition for what he has done for the club. far from the qualifying number of games but a testimonial against a spanish select or something ??????

he should be added to the HOF but for the people who say he shouldnt why not do something else for him cause he deserves recognition for what he has done for the club. far from the qualifying number of games but a testimonial against a spanish select or something ??????

He has played for these so that would be a good idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_autonomous_football_team

:lol:(tu)

Nacho for Hall of Fame for me :)

nacho-novo_1016174c.jpg

What are the chances of Nacho making our Hall of Fame?

With a reported new contract on the table, it's not an impossibility that he could play nearly 300 games for the club, and although we all know he isn't the most talented player, some of the goals he has scored for us are worth their weight in the finest gold money could buy.

Some of his important moment include;

1 - The goal against Hibs that won us the league.

2 - Several crucial strikes against the scum.

3 - The equaliser away to Panathinaikos in the Manchester run.

4 - The Fiorentina penalty.

5 - The Scottish Cup final screamer.

6 - Goals against Auxerre, Livorno and Maccabi Haifa in PLG's UEFA Cup run.

7 - The last minute goal against Red Star to put in into the 2007 Champions League

And to keep things recent....

8 - The goal that put us nine clear of Mowbray's hopeless heros this weekend.

That's just his goals. He's looking increasingly comfortable out on the wing these days and has created a fair number of goals from there as well.

Combined with the fact that he said no thanks to Celtic in order sign for us, and just his overall enthusiasm and unbridled love for the club, I ask the fine users of RM - is he a realistic Hall Of Famer?

Papaguy mate, this is the silliest thread you've ever started! :craphead:

NACHO NOVO WILL BE IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER.

He is up there with Mr Wallace for this Bear.

Don't get me wrong, Ray Wilkins (although before my time) is an absolute hero.

But does he get in the Rangers Hall of Fame because he had such a glittering career with other clubs?

Seems a bit weird that the RANGERS Hall of Fame would depend on how players had done at other clubs, no? If it's about what players have contributed to the Rangers, I don't think there can be any doubting what the wee man has done for his.

Imagine where we'd be right now if he hadn't scored those......

Ray Wilkins, great player that he was, and much as I like the guy, doesn't even come into the equation when compared with Nachos contribution.

The only player to have ever made me cry with joy. Nacho = Legend = Hero = Bear = One of us forever.

Unlike John fucking Brown, Nacho never gave the 2 fingers to the Bears at a game.

No matter what he did after that, John Brown will always be tainted, like Alfie Conn.

2 names that turn my stomach when I hear them.