Rangers Mourn Lizzie

lintylassie84

from the Official site

RANGERS Football Club was saddened to learn today of the death of former staff member Lizzie Love, who passed away this morning aged 90.

Lizzie gave 50 years of loyal service to the club, working firstly in the laundry room before taking a more hands-on role looking after the players in the canteen.

She also conducted tours and after eventually retiring in 1986, she was replaced by her daughter Tiny who still works for the club today.

Lizzie was a well-known and well-loved figure by everybody at Ibrox and she will be sadly missed.

Rangers will wear black armbands today during their home match with Hearts at Ibrox in her memory and the Union Jack at the stadium is also being flown at half mast.

Sandy Jardine was fortunate enough to know Lizzie and says she will be missed by all the players whose paths crossed her in her half century with the Light Blues.

He said: "Lizzie's family has been involved with the club for over 90 years now and it was with great regret I heard she had passed away.

"She was like a second mother to all of the players and she really was a lovely woman. I'm so grateful to have met her.

"I am sure many of my former colleagues would say the same thing and she will be sorely missed.

"On behalf of everyone at Rangers Football Club, may I pass on our deepest condolences and sympathies to Lizzie's family."

RIP Lizzie :(

My mum looked after her at the Lambhill Court Nursing Home in Kinning Park & she was Rangers through & through.

Amazing of the club to send her off like this.

God speed Lizzie Love.

RIP Lizzie.

Very nice of the club doing this.

I think it's very appropriate for the club to hav done this today. Can't think of any other member of staff that's gave anywhere near 50yrs service(I cud be wrong?). IMO she deserves nothing less.

My Deepest sympathy to her family

Rip lizzie