Golf

kplfishtank

7 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

Pkaying Scotscraig next weekend.  Not sure what to expect looks decent.

Good test, not played it for a while but greens were rapid. Doubt you need to worry about that this time of year :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking sods law, season ended, no chance of GP scores and now playing well. Started winter league 2nd, 1st an joint 1st in first 3 weeks, WL handicap down to 4.2. You only get cut if you win as well.

Have to say par is 37 points with one hole changed to par 3 over the winter.

On 07/10/2021 at 06:07, dummiesoot said:

Good test, not played it for a while but greens were rapid. Doubt you need to worry about that this time of year :lol:

Cracking round.  Greens were great. Started so well and fell of a cliff.  Finished birdie, par, par.  Not played alot of golf this year with getting my own place and car.  Things to work on over the winter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 18:29, lewislaudrup said:

Anyone use the PXG driver? Looking at getting one but to be honest never had a swing wih one

My nephew bought one, he's hitting the ball 280 yds with it, took him a few games to get it going. It cost him £225

10 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

They’re trying to sell Taylormade drivers over here for $700. They can fuck off. I’m using a Callaway XR 16 and doing fine thanks. Can hit 240 yds consistently. 

Crazy money, I just bought a Cobra Speed zone, got it for £230 in the black Friday sale,still getting used to it but is definitely going an extra 10 -20 yds than my old Callaway x hot.

12 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Booked up for Portugal again in early May, playing Boavista, Palmares and Espiche.

I played in Portugal three years ago at my son in laws stag, don't even remember  the names of the courses, one had a lot of water hazards and one was quite long, not easy when your pissed and golfing in 30 degrees.

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

I played in Portugal three years ago at my son in laws stag, don't even remember  the names of the courses, one had a lot of water hazards and one was quite long, not easy when your pissed and golfing in 30 degrees.

Can't beat it mate, I ejected my mate out the side of the buggy in Portugal a few weeks ago because I turned a corner far to quickly. I was absolutely blitzed but that wasn't long in sobering me up, thought i'd broke his leg.

25 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

Played Old Course on Monday.  Shot a 91 with a treble and double and couldnt get to grips with the greens.  Found 2 bunkers that cost me big.  Played best golf in years just couldnt putt

Soul destroying when the putting isn’t working mate.