Golf

kplfishtank

38 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Finau coming from nowhere, JT up there again and Fitzpatrick and Mcilroy still holding their own. I think if Rory could find his putter he'd be in with a shout.

Took Clark at 11s when the day started. No looking great but doable.

A need to buy a decent gap wedge, any advice on the degree?

Just now, born a blue nose said:

A need to buy a decent gap wedge, any advice on the elevation angle?

Get 52, 56 and 60.

I've also got a 65 which incidentally, i hit 65 yards and use it to flop over green side bunkers.

5 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Get 52, 56 and 60.

I've also got a 65 which incidentally, i hit 65 yards and use it to flop over green side bunkers.

Had a shot of a 62 off a boy a play with but it's far too lofted, a get it about 25 yards on a good swing 😂

Am thinking 56 to begin with. Short games been pathetic trying to use the SW 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Had a shot of a 62 off a boy a play with but it's far too lofted, a get it about 25 yards on a good swing 😂

Greater the loft the harder it is to play. Aye 56 will get you good results until you bring your handicap down. Get lessons on all your clubs mate and it'll pay dividends.

Just now, geneva_ger said:

Greater the loft the harder it is to play. Aye 56 will get you good results until you bring your handicap down. Get lessons on all your clubs mate and it'll pay dividends.

Av got a guys number for lessons but no commited to it yet. Ma swing wasn't consistent enough to even turn up for him to correct it. Starting to get there tho so I'll be going down that avenue. 

Putting has became an issue too, changed ma grip to lack handed on the advice of Rick shields to keep the body posture n position more sturdy and it has worked within 5 feet but am 3 putting like fuck. Duffing long ones/firing 15 footers 10 foot by the pin etc 😂

Go for the lessons and the best time is right at the beginning. I like Rick's videos but he's not taking the putts, that's the part of the game you just have to read yourself.

Drivers and Irons blasting 150 - 250+ yards needs good set-up and technique but putting up to 30 needs a good eye and pace control and even if you are taught set-up it's still down to you on the day. Difficult as fuck but as a beginner just go for the bin lid area and give yourself a 3 footer.

5 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Av got a guys number for lessons but no commited to it yet. Ma swing wasn't consistent enough to even turn up for him to correct it. Starting to get there tho so I'll be going down that avenue. 

Putting has became an issue too, changed ma grip to lack handed on the advice of Rick shields to keep the body posture n position more sturdy and it has worked within 5 feet but am 3 putting like fuck. Duffing long ones/firing 15 footers 10 foot by the pin etc 😂

I feel your pain bro....I was honest with myself and took up bowling :pipe:

13 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Get a 52 and a 56. 56 is the same as a sandwedge. I have vokey wedges but they are old now. Cleveland used to make good wedges but I've been out the game a few years so no idea on technology these days

Can actually get a really good 3 wedge package from Costco. Kirkland wedges (think I heard cobra actually make them).

£130 for the 3 when you can pay that for one traditionally branded wedge these days.

Only issue is they are completely stock, so no custom fit.

14 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

A need to buy a decent gap wedge, any advice on the degree?

For someone taking the game up, tend to focus on the longer clubs to get more forgiving hybrid clubs, using 2 wedges gives more flexibility up top with clubs. I would suggest going for standard PW, 52 deg and perhaps a 58 deg. I tend to feel getting to wedge range is the most difficult thing so try and make it easier for yourself with longer clubs and choice 

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Can actually get a really good 3 wedge package from Costco. Kirkland wedges (think I heard cobra actually make them).

£130 for the 3 when you can pay that for one traditionally branded wedge these days.

Only issue is they are completely stock, so no custom fit.

A use their balls, superb value for money. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just got a Costco card recently and been looking at these. Gonna give them a bash. Sick of paying for pro v1's.

This is what made me go for them mate. I've got pro v1s too n actually prefer the Kirkland ones, maybe cause you're no scared to lose them 😂

https://youtu.be/p6trK5FHH6Y

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

This is what made me go for them mate. I've got pro v1s too n actually prefer the Kirkland ones, maybe cause you're no scared to lose them 😂

https://youtu.be/p6trK5FHH6Y

Mate I've seen every rick shiels video twice and somehow never seen him review the Kirkland's. That was a good watch. Seem to spin well off short irons but less off the driver which suits me having an over the top slice. They compared well with all the prov1s. I'm sold. Think Costco do 24 for 17.99.