Golf

kplfishtank

5 minutes ago, alk3 said:

first course i ever shot par on from the yellows. also the last :lol:

Aye it's no too challenging but great condition and enjoyable. I only drive about 230 and my mate is close to 270 but I found my short drives were leaving me in better positions for approach.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye it's no too challenging but great condition and enjoyable. I only drive about 230 and my mate is close to 270 but I found my short drives were leaving me in better positions for approach.

those last 3 holes feel long but that extra 40 yards wont feel like its worth much overall.

On 07/06/2022 at 12:13, Hadron Collider said:

Dustin Johnson quits the PGA Tour. 

I find this all quite amusing, PGA have for decades attracted European Tour and Southern Hemisphere players to their tour with promises of more money. Now someone is outbidding them and they don’t like it.

I get all the human rights concerns with Saudi, that’s not what’s pissing off the PGA Tour, they thought they were the premier attraction in golf and now they’re not. 

Heard Johnson is earning $120m from this move, he’s perfectly correct in thinking about his family at the age he is. 

Be the same when everyone fucks off from the Premiership in England when there’s a better, competitive option. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

I find this all quite amusing, PGA have for decades attracted European Tour and Southern Hemisphere players to their tour with promises of more money. Now someone is outbidding them and they don’t like it.

I get all the human rights concerns with Saudi, that’s not what’s pissing off the PGA Tour, they thought they were the premier attraction in golf and now they’re not. 

Heard Johnson is earning $120m from this move, he’s perfectly correct in thinking about his family at the age he is. 

Be the same when everyone fucks off from the Premiership in England when there’s a better, competitive option. 

He's worth about 50 million minimum the now at 37, with that going to increase considerably for the rest of his life. His wife and weans must be greedy bastards. 

17 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He's worth about 50 million minimum the now at 37, with that going to increase considerably for the rest of his life. His wife and weans must be greedy bastards. 

That's my take, Big DJ will be already worth as you say 50+ million, aye I need another 120million in the coming years for financial security :lol: wee Rory can be a wee americanised fanny at times but at least he is honest that he plays for the titles now as he is already financially secure

29 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Follow the money - I’ve heard @Moody Blue Legend’s sister is shifting her caravan from St Andrews to Riyadh.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

That's my take, Big DJ will be already worth as you say 50+ million, aye I need another 120million in the coming years for financial security :lol: wee Rory can be a wee americanised fanny at times but at least he is honest that he plays for the titles now as he is already financially secure

Why does he not go back on European tour then

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Why does he not go back on European tour then

Because he lives in America, it's not as if he completely ignores the European tour, for the last couple of seasons he clearly picks and chooses which events he plays in

We were all highly critical of the clubs who tried to break away from the CL. This is golf's equivalent but some here are trying to justify it - "Dustin Johnson needs to do it for his family", for fuck sake................ The numbers are eye watering. The Saudis aren't doing this out of the goodness of their heart. They'll be looking to turn a coin from it. TV rights, ticket money and sponsorship are their three main revenue streams and all of these will impact on the spectator/viewer.

On 09/06/2022 at 08:56, Creampuff said:

Westwood and Poulter getting it tight in that press conference :lol: 

They are sabotaging their legacies with their blatant greed tbh. So deserve to get it tight.

The guy from the Golf channel on SSN didn't miss them last night either. His Facts were pretty good. 

''This is one of the saddest days in the history of golf''

http://www.skysports.com/share/12630944